Forums
May 15, 2024, 09:01 AM

Author Topic: Ropers Only League - Read please =)  (Read 5312 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Ropers Only League - Read please =)
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2016, 09:17 AM »
Don't forget Walrus has went from nothing to #3 in BnG Overall in a matter of months. ;)

And yes, I believe he's unreachable due to the inactivity of the top 10-20 players in each scheme, and in general.

Sure, Sbaffo and dibz are pretty active but they don't have great statistics for other schemes.

Of the top 50 Overall players, less than 10 are actively playing, that's less than 20%

Do you really think it's possible for someone to reach Random00?

barman didn't, check out his win % in all schemes, ridiculously good, yet 2100+ points behind...

The longer TuS goes without an overall reset, the worse it's gonna get.

It's so incredibly frustrating and dull now, just save it to a Hall of Fame and reset it already, what on Earth have you got to lose???

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2016, 10:02 AM »
Lets imagine this hell of a rush among wormers to beat the soul out of each other for the first place after The Big Reset :D

Offline biscuits

« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2016, 10:02 AM »
Don't forget Walrus has went from nothing to #3 in BnG Overall in a matter of months. ;)

And yes, I believe he's unreachable due to the inactivity of the top 10-20 players in each scheme, and in general.

Sure, Sbaffo and dibz are pretty active but they don't have great statistics for other schemes.

Of the top 50 Overall players, less than 10 are actively playing, that's less than 20%

barman didn't, check out his win % in all schemes, ridiculously good, yet 2100+ points behind...

The longer TuS goes without an overall reset, the worse it's gonna get.

It's so incredibly frustrating and dull now, just save it to a Hall of Fame and reset it already, what on Earth have you got to lose???

In a way I kind of agree, but at the same time... players worked hard to achieve their overall points. Correct me if I'm wrong but... if you did a hard reset of everything wouldn't it take your overall pts back down to 0? I would probably cry if that happened :P jk.

Some people like signing into their snoopers through TUS login and seeing their nice rank they earned hehe. Not like it really matters or anything but yea.

Anyhow, seems like this thread has got a little out of line on the main topic... looks like a rope league won't happen.

With that being said... I think ZaR should maybe get added to the Classic rotation... it's a very nice scheme for 2 competitive decent players to go head to head in, it's almost like TTRR... don't fall and be consistent while maintaining speed. I understand you think it doesn't belong there Komito and I sorta agree but you gotta look where worms is now a days. As much as I would support your idea of going back to just 3 schemes or 4 schemes like it was in the golden days, that just won't happen unfortunately.

I miss the old days of worms man :(

good game W:A Steam reviews

courtesy of "gloom" for allowing me to use this signature, it's the best ;)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2016, 10:25 AM »
In a way I kind of agree, but at the same time... players worked hard to achieve their overall points. Correct me if I'm wrong but... if you did a hard reset of everything wouldn't it take your overall pts back down to 0? I would probably cry if that happened :P jk.

Every time I have suggested this i've always said save the current league standings and statistics into a hall of fame or an archive that's easily visible to visitors.

TuS operates with an ELO rating/point system, in theory it's a good idea but it's an abomination for Worms(if it goes on for more than 2-3 years), i'll explain why.

ELO rating system stems from Chess, it's used in other things such as Major League Baseball, association football, etc.

If you understand how ELO rating works, skip the following spoiler:

Spoiler! View

Ok, let's assume you know what ELO rating is and how it works.

It's perfect for Chess/Football etc because those things are official, they have official leagues that will last indefinitely, in Worms, TuS wasn't the 1st and I imagine it won't be the last.

The ranking for Chess/Football etc focus on ONE type of game/sport, unlike Worms which is more like the Olympics consisting of multiple game modes.

In Chess/Football etc, the games are organized much more efficiently, you don't get avoiding, you don't get inactivity, you get paid enough money to live on.

This is why resets/new leagues are healthy for Worms, everytime there is a new League with fresh rankings, there is a huge boost of activity and it's a fight for the tops spots for THAT specific era of players.

^^ I think this is what has kept this game alive, and TuS is doing the opposite...

With that being said... I think ZaR should maybe get added to the Classic rotation... it's a very nice scheme for 2 competitive decent players to go head to head in, it's almost like TTRR... don't fall and be consistent while maintaining speed. I understand you think it doesn't belong there Komito and I sorta agree but you gotta look where worms is now a days. As much as I would support your idea of going back to just 3 schemes or 4 schemes like it was in the golden days, that just won't happen unfortunately.

Fair enough, you have your image and I have mine :)

Offline Tomi

« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2016, 10:29 AM »
And also make a best standings of clans please based on the maximum points they reached. Cfc had elite rank, but now we lost about 2000 points (coz 1 loss = -70 points) coz we played not seriously (not always with good line-up) to keep clanners alive...

Same logic goes for singles.. if i were random00 i wouldnt play a single tus until i wouldnt reach my skills when i left the game unless that 2000 points could disappear quickly -> we will never really see 80% of top 20 players playing tus again or only with alias
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 10:37 AM by Tomi »

Offline biscuits

« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2016, 02:19 PM »
Okay so this is my point exactly on why I wanted a rope league implemented into TUS.

I just played VoK 11 games in a row, mainly all Ropers, maybe 1 or 2 WxW's... I also use the TUS Analyzer before I play, but... still I think this point system is retarded.

I lost 6 games out of the 11, and I won 5.

VoK earns 337 points.
I earn 105 points (Not to mention all the points I lost and he barely lost).

How in the hell is that even fair? Makes absolutely no sense to me, it just baffles me. It's like your playing against someone who knows how to rope... but it's not their best scheme, but they are still capable of beating you... maybe thru luck or whatever it may be, some skill, still.... how is that close to being fair when you know that you can play someone and not lose many points but earn a shit load? While the other person has everything on the line knowing if they lose they are f*cked but if they win they get jack shit? Stupid. But it's whatever. Point systems so broken that I'm about to just resort to playing 2v2 or clanners only from now on.

I understand that my rank in roping is high... but it's still literally unfair in my eyes that somebody can look at your stats, play you with the knowledge of knowing if they lose they won't suffer from it, but if they win (cause they know they aren't the worst roper) they will get a good chunk of points. F*ck it.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 02:45 PM by biscuits »

Offline Senator

« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2016, 02:58 PM »

barman has actually quite weak stats in Hysteria. He is only 50th with 1560 points. Hysteria alone explains 700 points of the gap. In Roper, WxW and Shopper together he could easily get ~700 points more if he started playing now. For Elite and T17 he would need to work more and try to find players like daiNa and Almog...

Offline biscuits

« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2016, 03:32 PM »
Another example of why a rope league should be implemented or divide stuff up into ground/rope... can't even TUS someone because "i don't play ground" lol...

11:30:38 z0rk: tus ne1?
11:30:39 Dubas: joined the channel.
11:30:41 Dubas: has left WormNet (Joined Game).
11:30:49 biscuits: k z0rk

11:31:07 z0rk: you dont play ground
11:31:11 biscuits: if you play BnG i will
11:31:13 z0rk: I'm in a Game!
11:31:13 z0rk: is away: I'm in a Game!
11:31:25 z0rk: nah sorry ;)

Offline Ryan

« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2016, 06:19 PM »
The thing is biscuits, the all round league is exactly that, so punishes those who can only play specific schemes.

Vok being good at roper and being able to win high points off you is a sign of him being a good allrounder - he hasn't had to rely on picking/playing lots of ropers to be able to beat you and get the points.

Trust me, I suffer your pain as much as anyone!

It is fair from the point of view that in reality if you picked or even played a ground scheme you would get more points.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2016, 06:46 PM »
@Senator - Sorry when I said all schemes I meant combined, my bad, no one owns everything, not even Mablak or Random00.

I think this point system is retarded.I understand that my rank in roping is high...

The thing is biscuits, the all round league is exactly that, so punishes those who can only play specific schemes.

It is fair from the point of view that in reality if you picked or even played a ground scheme you would get more points.

No, it's not fair, in theory it could be, but because of how WA works, it never will be.

As i've said before, ELO Rating in theory is great, but it doesn't work for Worms Armageddon for 3 reasons:

1) Multiple schemes makes it unbalanced for various reasons, we can go into that if needed but for now i'll leave it.

2) Unbalanced # of games - Various contributing factors such as, WA has a handful of players, timezone differences, people avoiding, people who don't play anymore etc.

3) Unlevel playing field - In Chess, Football etc, all players compete with the same tools, with WA, technology differs from the rich to the poor, it's ridiculously unfair.

All this could be solved if MI/TuS staff would just reset TuS leagues every 3 years or something, it wouldn't be perfect but at least the statistics would be true to those eras of WA.

Offline xSniperx

« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2016, 07:10 PM »
It would increase activity on this site if a reset did happen i'd immagine.

Offline Senator

« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2016, 08:07 PM »
@Senator - Sorry when I said all schemes I meant combined, my bad, no one owns everything, not even Mablak or Random00.

Random00 is 4th in BnG, 1st in Elite, 2nd in Hysteria, 4th in Roper, 1st in Shopper, 2nd in Team17, 8th in TTRR, 1st in WxW. Unlike barman, he has reached a high rating in all schemes and that's why he has such a big lead.

Sorry about off topic xD

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2016, 08:15 PM »
Random00 is 4th in BnG, 1st in Elite, 2nd in Hysteria, 4th in Roper, 1st in Shopper, 2nd in Team17, 8th in TTRR, 1st in WxW. Unlike barman, he has reached a high rating in all schemes and that's why he has such a big lead.

I never said that no one has good statistics, I said no one owns all schemes.

Random00 is good enough to play the system, there are many players who would ruin his stats if he were to play them, but that never happened because Random00 picked his games carefully, and he was lucky enough to do this when TuS Singles were very active.

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2016, 07:42 AM »
If you really want a Ropers League Make your own here on TUS just like ive done with the battle race league https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/bfw-bfw-1v1v1v1v1v1-battlerace-league-season-2/

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2016, 10:07 AM »
hmmm @ pizzaspam
how cheap
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural