Forums
May 04, 2024, 06:17 AM

Author Topic: Tourneys/Cups - reported game canceled due to scheme problem noticed later?  (Read 4483 times)

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
If I am allowed, I just want to shed some light on 3 things.

1. You always put all your heart into the 1st match. Upon hearing that it's been all in vain, you will never play the 2nd round as good. Moreover, the person whose loss was spared instantly gains an immense boost in morale (just like Uruguay that won against Ghana in penalty shootout in 2010 after Ghana's goal was stopped by hands). So the argument that Adnan did "some great moves there" isn't fair in my opinion.

One example is drawing. I used to draw a lot. I would spend 10 hours of one bigger project. I would just be utterly demotivated to do the same as good again if it was destroyed. We all lost an essay that we spent a night on, you know this feeling.

2. One person said that Albus "agreed" to play rematch so he should be fine with it. Please show me a football player who was informed that his successful penalty was invalid, he must repeat is, and the footballer refused to do so... Nobody will refuse in a heat of a moment.

3. Komito, my friend, everybody knows you are a fantastic mod and that you have good intentions. No authority is needed here. You already earned everybody's respect. Winning is not accidental. The one who is better will win if you let them fight on a separate day, 4 days from now so that they can appear there both given 2nd chance for their morale to be the same. I think you know what's a right to do. I have damaged the good spirit of my own 2vs2 cup by my mistake, so I don't want the same to happen to this cup.

Heads up. We are all human beings. All good

Everyone is welcome to share their opinion and I appreciate you coming to do this. What happened to me can happen to anyone. Thank you for your considerations and I sign under everything you said.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 09:28 PM by Albus »

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
2. One person said that Albus "agreed" to play rematch so he should be fine with it. Please show me a football player who was informed that his successful penalty was invalid, he must repeat is, and the footballer refused to do so... Nobody will refuse in a heat of a moment.

In fact, I didn't agree at all. I just did what was "ordered". No one asked what was my opinion or my feeling about having to play again and have my victory canceled. And that was what upset me the most. I felt terrible because it was like my opinion or what I felt about it didn't matter.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 11:58 PM by Albus »

Offline TheKomodo

In fact, I didn't agree at all. I just did what was "ordered". No one asked what was my opinion or my feeling about having to play again and have my victory canceled. And that was what upset me the most. I felt terrible because it was like my opinion or what I felt about it didn't matter.

Now you are outright lying.

You did agree, you were not ordered to play that game there and then.

When you mentioned me in the ONL Discord channel I was still in a Clanner match against TdC with Korydex, Senator and VoK.

We were all very eager to play more, however I specifically left to cater to you and Mega`Adnan.

Here is evidence directly from the ONL Discord:

^^ That is literally the entire conversation from the moment the mistake was discovered to the moment we hosted again for the rematch.

This was the entire conversation before the rematch was hosted, you appeared perfectly happy and enthusiastic the entire time. You were even apparently amused by this situation as shown by your "xD" comments in the above picture.

I informed you that you guys can play again, though I did not say when, then you mentioned Mega`Adnan, I left my potential Clanner match so I could stream and host for you guys again.

You did not even complain about this situation, or show any negative emotions about it whatsoever until the next day.

How can you expect me to believe you are feeling terrible, that you are upset and that you feel your opinions do not matter when you appeared completely happy and enthusiastic at least up until the end of the match.

You played extremely well, that series with Adnan is literally one of the greatest strategic matches i've ever seen and at that point in time I felt incredibly grateful and appreciative that everyone was apparently at that moment treating the situation like absolute legends with no issues to replay the match with the official scheme because a mistake was made.

I know you are upset Albus, and cannot express how sorry I am for failing you as a host and as a moderator.

That is no reason to lie about what happened though.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
Now you are outright lying.
You did agree, you were not ordered to play that game there and then.

We have two options:

1) I'm a liar, dishonest and I created this whole debate imbued with bad faith.

2) it was a misunderstanding and I understood what you said as an order. By the way, If it wasn't an order, why you did not asked me if I wanted to play? At no point did you approach me to question my feeling/thinking about playing the game again.

If you look at my previous posts on the same history of private chat I had with you, you can conclude that it was really a misunderstanding. But I don't know why you are raising the hypothesis that I'm intentionally lying. Do I have a history of this for you?

You did not even complain about this situation, or show any negative emotions about it whatsoever until the next day.

The fact that I don't express frustration immediately doesn't mean I'm not frustrated komito. Does anyone need to cry for you to know that this person is sad? So much empathy from you. At that moment I wanted to do everything you wanted and only after reflect better about your decision. And if I got upset it would be worse for my performance and my psychological (which in itself was already affected by knowing the mistake you made) in the game. After the game, I talked to other people and came to conclusion that your decision wasn't fair. Let's be honest. Who likes having the own game voided by other person mistake? No smiley faces (as you mentioned that I used this one: xD), changes the fact that it will always be bad to have a victory cancelled.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 03:27 AM by Albus »

Offline TheKomodo

Must just means it needs to be played again, and this was in hindsight, at no point did I say you had to play it right there and then.

You guys both seemed eager to play so I quit my Clanner match and hosted for you.

I didn't tell you to play right then, we all just sort of, did it...

The fact that I don't express frustration immediately doesn't mean I'm not frustrated komito. Does anyone need to cry for you to know that this person is sad? When empathy. At that moment I wanted to do everything you wanted and then reflect on what happened.

My point is you said you didn't agree, you did, you never complained either until the day after. The point is also that I am not psychic. There is no evidence of you telling me specifically that you had a problem during the actual entire ordeal.

It's one thing we both feel awful for this entire situation in the first place, now you are making it look like I done something far worse than what actually happened. Whether this is an accident or not, please don't say things that aren't true.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
The point is also that I am not psychic. There is no evidence of you telling me specifically that you had a problem during the actual entire ordeal.

You need to be a psychic to imagine that I could be extremely frustrated in playing again a game for a mistake you made?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 03:12 AM by Albus »

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
I was reading some messages we exchanged and you said this:

Injustice for whom? Mega-Adnan said he didn't mind. I didn't bother. Why don't you explain, how, in a few seconds, without analyzing the game in detail, you came to the conclusion that it was unfair that I won the game only because we played with 7 worms instead of 8 worms?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 03:29 AM by Albus »

Offline TheKomodo

Albus, you keep asking questions i've already answered...

Why can't you just read the thread again?

This is exactly why I got angry with you in our private conversation, you keep asking the same questions i've already answered over and over again, you are not actually listening.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
Albus, you keep asking questions i've already answered...

Why can't you just read the thread again?

This is exactly why I got angry with you in our private conversation, you keep asking the same questions i've already answered over and over again, you are not actually listening.

It was a rhetorical question. Your decision whether it was fair or not, was already preformed. There would be no way for you to reach the conclusion if it was fair or not in few seconds. There was no conversation with me and Adnan. There was no analysis of the specific case. You just thought the following: the rule was not obeyed, the game will be repeated and the rest doesn't matter (this includes my feeling as a player, how this would affect my performance in the next game etc.).

« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 02:13 AM by Albus »

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
Dario said something today that I agree with. There is no absolute rule. Everything must be analyzed case by case. But I ask myself: how can you decide something so quickly (without listening to the players, without hearing the impact that your decision could have on my performance etc.) and expect your decision to be fair at the same time?

« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 03:07 AM by Albus »

Offline TheKomodo

Reached the conclusion in a few seconds? Do you think I was born yesterday? I've been hosting and moderating events in various video games throughout my life, this isn't a decision that happened in a few seconds. This has came from years of experience and success(and failure).

What else can I do? I've answered everything you've asked and explained the reasoning behind the choice for playing the match again.

You didn't like it, you quit the Cup.

The decision won't be changed, not now, and not in future Cups hosted with this specific scheme at least.

So what else can we do? I've said sorry, I feel bad too, my time was spent too, db & TdC had to stop doing something we really wanted to do so I could deal with the problem, i've spent literally the entire day discussing this and thinking about this.

You were not the only one who spent their personal time to address this issue.

You are only seeing things from the perspective that affects you personally and will not accept or even try to understand how it affects other people or the integrity of the event.

It makes me feel sadness that you feel the way you do Albus, though I will not change my position on this and will not be swayed by any attempt at a guilt trip either.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
Reached the conclusion in a few seconds? Do you think I was born yesterday? I've been hosting and moderating events in various video games throughout my life, this isn't a decision that happened in a few seconds. This has came from years of experience and success.

So, for example, a judge who's been a judge for decades doesn't need to substantiate his sentences since he's supposed to have a lot of experience and because of that we just need to trust that he will make a good judgment? Doesn't he need to hear the parts? A moderator is like a judge in the cup.
You didn't talk to me and Adnan to get our opinion before make your decision. You didn't asked what we thought about repeating the game. Are you so sure of yourself that nothing we said could change your mind? Or what we think would be so irrelevant that it was not necessary to ask our opinion? Or is it another reason?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 02:44 AM by Albus »

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
You didn't like it, you quit the Cup.

This is what I did. But I have a right to protest.

(...) and will not be swayed by any attempt at a guilt trip either.

My intention is just to criticize this culture of superimposing rules in relation to the well-being of players, considered individually. You are that way because you want to. If you change, I will gladly participate in the tournaments moderated by you. But where there is this culture of over prioritizing the rules, without listening and without worrying about the consequences that decisions can generate in the player, I prefer not to participate.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 02:59 AM by Albus »

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
What else can I do? I've answered everything you've asked and explained the reasoning behind the choice for playing the match again.

I think everything has already been said. I will only respond if you bring new information. You said few minutes ago that I lied and I came to defend myself, that's all.

Offline Rafka

Technicly it should be repeated, but in this case where Kimoto was the hoster and didn't see it through hole game, in my opinion first game should be valid. That's the consequences of oversight by the admin/moderator or whatever. If Komito wouldn't be the hoster or spectator, then it's a different story. Just saying, no further comments from me.