Forums
May 02, 2024, 06:12 PM

Author Topic: wkWormOrder v. 1.2.0 released  (Read 23921 times)

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
Re: wkWormOrder v. 1.0.1 released
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2021, 10:47 PM »
Again, I don't care about League of Legends, Dota, or any other game for that matter.

While I relate to the notion of game immersion, previous conversations i've had with you contradict a lot of the things you are saying here. To me you come across as someone who wants to achieve as much as possible with as little effort as possible. That seems to be the general consensus of this thread to be honest, which I would sympathize with more if it was directed towards casual games only, not competitive ones though.

I know you don't care. I just used it as an example that it's a common desire among people to immerse themselves more in any game they play. And the overwolf app I mentioned, compatible with many modern games, allows that. If WA were more famous, there would certainly be better alternatives out there than pen and paper.

I don't want to achieve as much as possible with little effort. There is almost zero effort in making notes on a paper. I and other people shared several easy ways to track weapon usage and enemy team order. Understand one thing: I just don't like to take notes outside of the game! I would like to be able to immerse more in the game! Only that.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 10:51 PM by Albus »

Offline cgar

« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2021, 11:34 PM »
I never said you said that I denied it.
I never said you said that I said that you denied it. You sure you aren't just here to troll?

I specifically asked if this was possible during a match and the conclusion was the replay file is locked during the match so you cannot access it. Or was that an inaccurate conclusion?
Whats this? All too happy to tell people to read the thread yet not doing it yourself? All too happy to call others ignorant yet not knowing that it is trivially easy despite the information being mentioned several times in this thread that you keep telling others to read???

My perspective, and my side of the argument is that instead of supporting unsavoury methods of getting an advantage by making something even simpler available to everyone, it would be wiser to prevent said unsavoury method in the first place.
My perspective is that I don't like paper or having to leave the game to record things or rely on my terrible memory. And we have the technology to do it inside the game to save time and tedium and allow for more immersive play. And that I consider any argument whining about it taking skill away or that it's like cheating is null and void due to the fact that anyone who actually does want to cheat already has trivial access to the information for both teams in secret in multiple ways.

Just because other people do something, doesn't mean everyone else should.
Just because other people don't want to do something, doesn't mean that nobody else should be able to.

Yes, you did.
Seriously? Luddite [1]: a person opposed to new technology or ways of working.
That's exactly what I was meaning, therefore I was not wrong in my use of it.
For a person so happy to tell others to look up words you sure do fail your own advice.

telling people on Discord I was "hiding behing emoji's"(or something very similar, I don't want to join again to check)
You don't want to login to check? That too much work for you? What happened to laziness is bad?
All I was told was that you wrote I was to f@#! off. I checked then mentioned there were also emojis.
Why would that even matter anyway? or indicate an inability to handle anything? or have anything to do with this issue?

So from now on regarding this issue, I will continue to write my messages in a serious tone.
I would appreciate this. When will you start?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2021, 11:46 PM »
cgar, you aren't even close to being right on a lot of those things.

We are about to embark on a digital roundabout of which I have no ambition to pursue.

The only important part of the previous dozen back and forth replies between you and I relative to the actual subject of this entire thread has already reached a conclusion, you didn't realize a conclusion had already been reached, so that isn't my problem, that's yours.

I have closure on that, so i'm all good.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2021, 12:05 AM »
I would sympathize with more if it was directed towards casual games only, not competitive ones though.

Okay, but we can't create obstacles for a module to exist and causal players to use it, because it can be bad for competitive scene, right? If the competitive scene is so important, those involved should be concerned with creating anti-cheats modules etc. There is a great possibility that private modules already exist out there and competitive players use them without telling anyone.

If the module comes out, I will certainly use it in funners. In leagues, I will ask my opponents if they are ok with it.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 12:37 AM by Albus »

Offline cgar

« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2021, 12:08 AM »
[...] you aren't even close to being right on a lot of those things [...]
[...] this entire thread has already reached a conclusion [...]
[...] I have closure on that, so i'm all good.[...]

Ah yes, your opinion differs, therefore I am just wrong.

And the thread has reached a conclusion because you have reached yours. Even though it was the wrong conclusion and you apparently just ignored evidence to the contrary.

But hey, you have your closure . Perhaps now you will let the thread be about discussing the module then. Instead of being the "Things Komo dislikes, so no one else should have them" thread.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 12:28 AM by cgar »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2021, 12:37 AM »
Ah yes, your opinion differs, therefore I am just wrong.

No, you were just wrong.

And the thread has reached a conclusion because you have reached yours. Even though it was the wrong conclusion and you apparently just ignored evidence to the contrary.

I didn't say the thread reached a conclusion, just one point that you and I were going back and forth on. My words were specific on that.

Though hey, feel free to continue chasing ghosts, I don't mind.

Offline cgar

« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2021, 12:51 AM »
No, you were just wrong.
I proved it with evidence how am I wrong about it? Others also proved it, and improved it.

I didn't say the thread reached a conclusion
Never said you said that

Though hey, feel free to continue chasing ghosts, I don't mind.
More irrelevant nonsense. When was it you said that you would be more serious again?
If you are just here to troll then you shouldn't engage at all.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2021, 01:00 AM »
You didn't prove anything regarding that specific point, you were wrong.

Offline cgar

« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2021, 01:25 AM »
You didn't prove anything regarding that specific point, you were wrong.

Erm, what? It was proven with evidence. From others as well. Do I have to make a video?!
Just stop trolling. Some of us would like to actually discuss the module.
Honestly, you're like a child.

Online FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2021, 01:49 AM »
I wonder if Komito save the phone numbers in the contacts list of the smartphone or if he memorizes all numbers of his contacts, because it is an important skill. I wonder if he pays attention to TUS birthdays reminders or he just memorizes the birthdays of his friends in WA, because it is an important skill.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2021, 01:59 AM »
cgar, you have lost track of what we were even talking about, you aren't bringing anything new to that conversation, we're done here until you say something relevant again.

FoxHound, yes, I do memorize phone numbers and birthdays of people close to me, as well as important numbers such as my local GP and some others, though it has nothing to do with this game. It is useful to know these things not having to rely on technology to do the job for us, especially if you find yourself in a situation where you can't use your phone and need that information.

That's just common sense though in my opinion.

Online FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2021, 02:44 AM »
FoxHound, yes, I do memorize phone numbers and birthdays of people close to me, as well as important numbers such as my local GP and some others, though it has nothing to do with this game. It is useful to know these things not having to rely on technology to do the job for us, especially if you find yourself in a situation where you can't use your phone and need that information.

That's just common sense though in my opinion.

Oh yes, I memorize some very close friends or family phone numbers and birthdays. The same way, I may memorize the teams of some players I play often, but having to constantly memorize different teams from all players I play with is something I would love to avoid if I could, like using a module.

Back to the comparison of the Facebook or the TUS Birthdays tool or a contact list to save numbers (something people used to do on a sheet of paper and then someone had the idea to make an app preinstalled on the phone): everybody uses them (are these people lazy and unskilled?). They are quality of life. I imagine the first time someone invented those things, were they discussed in threads like this one? Were people against contact lists or Birthday reminders?

The more people against the progress, the more difficulty we have to play with a better gameplay experience.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 02:57 AM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2021, 02:47 AM »
I don't see it as progress, I see it as degrading.

Calling it "a better gameplay experience" is completely subjective.

Offline cgar

« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2021, 03:34 AM »
Voila, proof that its stupid easy to get the order. Since Komito is too lazy to look up the evidence himself. Despite apparently being on the lazy police.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/885176762085023784/885729174336180294/ezpzWormOrder.mp4

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2021, 03:43 AM »
You clearly misunderstood the conversation cgar, we were already aware it's easy to get the order.

Thanks for confirming you weren't paying attention though.