Forums
May 02, 2024, 05:02 AM

Author Topic: ASAP: NEED A COMMENTATOR FOR TODAYS PLAYOFFS STREAM  (Read 7139 times)

Offline wza

Re: ASAP: NEED A COMMENTATOR FOR TODAYS PLAYOFFS STREAM
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2013, 11:39 AM »
Oh cool! That's a long video! 4 hours. I want to tune into a live event.

Offline Free

« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2013, 11:55 AM »
I wish I could've clicked the stream, 250 people is a great turnout, not sure how you attracted so many, but that's really cool. Ah bar, Balee was working on some WA tutorial videos, I think pretty soon some of those will be out on youtube, would be easy to just load one of those during waiting time.

Most of them were finnish viewers as I advertised on some big forums I'm part of that are interested in gaming, other people advertised too, and it was done only 1 hour prior to the start, would be lot higher if we advertised earlier.

@ Barman, heres the links: http://murobbs.plaza.fi/showthread.php?p=1710247403#post1710247403

http://www.pakkotoisto.com/pelit-ja-konsolit/113481-taenaeaen-seuraa-worms-armageddonin-pro-pelaajien-playoff-matsi-live-streaminae-klo-21-a/

« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2013, 12:04 PM »
I'm famous on Russian gaming forums, I can invite alto of ppl, just tell me when it will be needed xD

Offline Husk

« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2013, 12:20 PM »
that would be awesome impo

Offline barman

« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2013, 02:17 PM »
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming

It's up to luck whether reddit users accept a submission because of the huge number of links posted every hour. But if we post the information around 24 hours before the stream, we could get hundreds to thousands of viewers if it catches on.

WA is quite popular on a Polish link aggregator Wykop.pl, http://www.wykop.pl/tag/worms (it's not rare to see people on AG wearing a "wykop" tag or hosts named "wykop"), anyone from Poland who has an account there should post a notice a day before as well.

I'm sure there are gaming-based link aggregators in other languages, let's make a big spam action before the next stream :D
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline OrangE

« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2013, 02:17 PM »
Free, can you give a link to the Finnish forum where you advertised the stream? I'd like to read some of the comments (hoping that google translate works fairly well for Finnish).

If you are looking for a commentator, I'm up for the job, as long as I'm not playing. My spoken English is not perfect, but I can make up for that with my talkativity and worms experience.

Also, here are some of my ideas for the longish breaks between games:
- WormTube videos, obviously.
- Prepared replays which demonstrate the way schemes work, the possibilities of WA nowadays (rubberworm, PX), or just previous games between the current participants (though you would need to remind the audience all the time that it's not the actual live gameplay, just a saved game from the past)
- Browsing TUS, showing statistics of the participating clans/players, standings, playoff tables etc, also just features of the website in general.
- Tutorials on how to install and configure WA, where to find an update, maps, schemes, what are the social norms on wormnet, how to host with wormnat2 etc.

really GREAT ideas man. thank you so much :>

Offline OrangE

« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2013, 02:19 PM »
It was a very good job guys! Maybe for the next event I will try to post to some Hungarian gamer forums too, to watch the game :D

By the way I think I mentioned firstly that T17 is a lucky scheme, so I am sorry!

And I would mention an other suggestion (but this was maybe done, and I just didn't hear it):
- A more detailed presentment of the teams and the players. I mean, you should have said for example, that dt is a very old-school clan, they won 6 consecutive playoffs, etc. TaG is not maybe a Chilean clan (as I heard :D), but they are. And this is very respectful that Chile has so many good players that they can create a so strong clan. (And these things can be said couple of times, like "if anyone has joined just now the stream, then for them bla bla.." :D)
- I think at the start of the game you should present the players who are playing. Where are they from, How long do they play the game, Any trophies they won, Do they have maybe a good history, How good are they in the actual scheme (maybe they are the masters of the scheme, who haven't lost any game for a long time, or they have more than 90% winning ratio (maybe both team, so this will be a good match :D)) etc. So I mean you should see about the clans/players who will play and notice some curiosity (ofc if you will have time to do that)

By answering these questions I guess there would be less break :D

But we know this was a very quickly streaming and commentating and how good it succeed :D Truly a nice job ;)

good points here too mate. gj and thanks! will think about this things too, definitely.

Offline OrangE

« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2013, 02:38 PM »
annnd yes, we definitely want to share the stream links on reddit too. with a bit of luck we could make a huuuuge viral.

for the future: if we manage to get some good average views for every tournament (300+) i could ask twitch.tv to have a partnership. this means they would put my stream on the main page when its going, randomly switching between all other partnership accounts. basically more views can catch even more views. they encourage people to ask partnerships for games that aren't already streamed often (wa is not streamed by anyone so far, so this could be a HUGE advantage for us).

so yeah guys, im really happy about this positive wave going on here, lets try to share our stuff as much as we can, ill put all the effort i'm capable to give, according with my exams coming. this simply means i won't play funners but only focus on events and promotion from now.

last thing that came in my mind: i've watched a lot of followed streamers. there are 2 types, basically:
1. the attention whore: usually alone, playing interesting adventure games and chatting all the time with the spectators. very informal, jokes, long silences. spectators chat with each other hoping for a feedback from the streamer, which gladly do that. followed by fans.
2. the professional: usually not alone and not playing, commenting in a professional way what's going on only for big events, talking all the time with NO BREAKS, relatively not caring about spectactors. spectators chat with each other about what's going on. followed by random people.

i think we should go for an hybrid. acting professional regarding the game, explaining everything to the spectators, but never forget to interact and give some good show. WE DEFINITELY WANT TO GET FANS. we might wanna be chatty, never stop talking. we should have at least 1 commentator that interacts and 1 that is more professional and focused on the game.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2013, 03:46 PM »
Ok I am going up town today to buy new jeans and replace my iBeats in ears, so i'll try pick up a microphone while i'm at it.

I honestly think if we wanna branch out, we need to seriously SERIOUSLY as a community cut out the immature language and swearing etc, it's ok how we are now cuz we are used to it, but this forum as it is now would push people away not bring them in I think...

Offline taner

« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2013, 04:43 PM »
ME AND MINK WOULD LIKE TO BE COMMENTATORS!!!

Offline Husk

« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2013, 04:50 PM »
+1 for mink and taner

Online Peja

« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2013, 05:01 PM »
+1 FOR MINK & TANER
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline Anubis

« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2013, 05:15 PM »
I wanna commentate a game with Peja. Hartz4 TV. :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2013, 07:10 PM »
What the f**k, HMV went into administration, luckily the headphones I bought the warranty is with Monster not HMV - PHEW !

There were no electrical shops open so I couldn't buy a microphone but I think my work sells them so i'll pick one till tomorrow, no rush as I won't be able to commentate till next PO anyway.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2013, 07:53 PM »
Yep, HMV are the latest to suffer, my local one has big sales but is closing in a couple of weeks no doubt.
You mention electrical, Jessops (camera shop) has also gone down.

I, too, may look to get some form of microphone to help with commentary if needed.

This whole streaming thing is really good, *shameless advertising* Dulek and I may be playing our RR Cup final at 7pm GMT Sunday.