Forums
April 29, 2024, 03:44 PM

Author Topic: Feeling nostalgic - it's been a while  (Read 3987 times)

Offline BConly

Feeling nostalgic - it's been a while
« on: August 14, 2013, 12:56 AM »
Can't say why, but I got the urge to youtube some roping videos to try to remember what I was doing 10-15 years ago, and I ended up stumbling on this site.  I'm shocked at how many others seem to have done something similar and ended up here!

Just breezing through some posts I see lots of familiar 'faces,' so I figured I'd register and give a shout out.  Hope you all are doing well!

I don't remember exactly when my Worms career started to die down, but it was probably about 8-10 years ago, so I'm way out of the loop.  Is there any way to hop on wormnet with a mac? 

Re: Feeling nostalgic - it's been a while
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 02:22 AM »

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 04:38 AM »
Oh wow, hey BC.  A long, long, long, time ago indeed.  I want to say the last time I played with you was 2002.  Welcome back, I have a mac as well but not the time to play worms really.  Look into this program though, its pretty awesome, I use it to run tuning software for my DSM's ECU:

http://www.vmware.com/products/fusion/overview.html

Offline Anubis

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 05:55 AM »
Hi there BConly. :D

Offline BConly

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 06:46 AM »
Heya fellas -- long time no see!  How's everything going?? Just went through the steps to play on a mac (thanks twy) and played my first warmer and rr in a while... very fun to do after so long but quite frustrating too. 

Offline Crazy

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 08:20 AM »
A wave of oldschoolers popping by to say hello lately, lol... Seems a bit odd :o Nice to see your name again BConly, you can still find Flowingwater on this site for a nice chat of old times sake if you'd like

Offline SPW

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 08:28 AM »
yea, a lot of u.s. guys coming back recently. Wonder when some germans coming back as well. Guys like nakra, bolf, jip, spalding, medal etc.

woulda been nice.

anyway, welcome back sir  :)

Offline Crazy

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 08:51 AM »
Coming back and coming back.. They're just saying hi and then dissapearing for another ten years :P Only Walrus stayed for a long period of time of the ones who "came back". I've seen BadAss active again, maybe he could get some BkM's back in freez, Rebell, killor, mama. Far more likely anyhow then the names you mentioned xd

Offline SPW

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 08:56 AM »
Yea, thats true, sadly. But at least they say hello. Guess the chances are bigger that their kids playing worms in the future.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 01:01 PM by SPW »

Offline avirex

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 12:46 PM »
wow!! BConly!!

yeah, cant remember exactly when you stopped playing..  many many years ago for sure

cant wait to catch a game with you, hope you stick around!!

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2013, 10:27 PM »
Pardon, BC, but are you a woman?  I was thinking you were on the short list of female wormers.

Offline BConly

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2013, 11:01 PM »
Nope, I'm a dude.  I've yet to see anybody i know on wnet!

Offline varialheelflip

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2013, 11:28 PM »
Hey BC! Good to see you man, I think it's been about 10 years to be honest hah! It is strange that a lot of people are coming back though..

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 01:36 AM »
WA is in the air...

Hey BC, hey Var.

:-*

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2013, 01:40 AM »
You aren't a female then?  Prove it. :o Attach pics