Forums
April 29, 2024, 12:13 PM

Author Topic: MapGEN v0.8.7.2  (Read 55818 times)

Offline XanKriegor

Re: MapGEN v0.8.0
« Reply #150 on: April 22, 2016, 09:33 PM »
As expected.

How this gradient fill thing works? I mean how it is implemented.

Offline Plutonic

« Reply #151 on: April 22, 2016, 09:39 PM »
How this gradient fill thing works? I mean how it is implemented.

Pretty much as you suggested, but with it using the expected sky colour gradient for the filler, rather than just random grey shades. (and only writing out the pixels where there is already land)

Offline Plutonic

« Reply #152 on: April 22, 2016, 09:44 PM »
Ah, damnit, looks like Ive messed up the chunk CRC's again...

[Edit]
Ok, I have re-uploaded with a CRC fix to get rid of the errors when loading maps into WA.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 09:51 PM by Plutonic »

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #153 on: April 23, 2016, 08:23 AM »
Are you finding some objects are placed where you wouldn't want them? If so, which ones?

What I would like to get is an object that will block a path with specific height on it, just like the thing that is made of a stalagmite and a stalactite in irl caves, forgot it's name tho.

Red is the object, transparent purple is the terrain.

Also, just in case you haven't saw it, for some weird reason I installed MapGEN, I do not see any themes loaded. Any solutions that I can use?

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #154 on: April 23, 2016, 08:59 AM »
Are you finding some objects are placed where you wouldn't want them? If so, which ones?

What I would like to get is an object that will block a path with specific height on it, just like the thing that is made of a stalagmite and a stalactite in irl caves, forgot it's name tho.

[attachment=1]

dude WHAT

cup?

Offline Plutonic

« Reply #155 on: April 23, 2016, 09:04 AM »

[attachment=1]

Hmmm, it wouldn't be difficult to allow, there is a lot of effort made to stop that from happening at the moment! I guess the main issue is, is that something people generally want? Its not done by the in game generator, and so there are no object designed for it.

Also, just in case you haven't saw it, for some weird reason I installed MapGEN, I do not see any themes loaded. Any solutions that I can use?

[attachment=2]

I would make sure that you are definitely running the latest version with it's own data, any stuff from old instals can do stuff like that. Check your data/generic/themes folder, it should have 31 named folders in it.
I would delete everything in your mapgen folder and run the installer again.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #156 on: April 23, 2016, 04:50 PM »
I would make sure that you are definitely running the latest version with it's own data, any stuff from old instals can do stuff like that. Check your data/generic/themes folder, it should have 31 named folders in it.
I would delete everything in your mapgen folder and run the installer again.

Just to clearify, I have 2 versions of it, v0.8.0 and 0.7.1, the screenshot was from the latest version. Should I remove both of the versions and reinstall the new one?

Offline Plutonic

« Reply #157 on: April 23, 2016, 06:34 PM »
You can have both, as long as they are in dfferent locations, but it will play havoc with the wormkit module.
 I would zip up the old one as a backup and put it somewhere safe, then delete/uninstall both and run the 0.8 installer again and see it works.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #158 on: April 23, 2016, 07:53 PM »
You can have both, as long as they are in dfferent locations, but it will play havoc with the wormkit module.
 I would zip up the old one as a backup and put it somewhere safe, then delete/uninstall both and run the 0.8 installer again and see it works.

That would be a no. What to do now?

Offline Plutonic

« Reply #159 on: April 23, 2016, 08:18 PM »
Hard to say, did you look in your data/generic/themes folder to see if you actually have the themes in there? What OS are you running?

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #160 on: April 23, 2016, 08:33 PM »
Hard to say, did you look in your data/generic/themes folder to see if you actually have the themes in there? What OS are you running?

There are themes with names, not numbers. I am using Windows 10.

Offline Plutonic

« Reply #161 on: April 23, 2016, 09:07 PM »
Hmm, ok, this isn't something I have seen happen. Where did you install it too?

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #162 on: April 24, 2016, 09:07 AM »
Hmm, ok, this isn't something I have seen happen. Where did you install it too?

"E:\Program Files\WormsArmageddon3.7.2.1\MapGEN" That's my directory, but it's NOT interfering with W:A, cuz it's in a diffrent directory.

Offline Plutonic

« Reply #163 on: April 24, 2016, 12:48 PM »
I guess E: is not you main windows drive? I will try using same one and see what happens.

I have found some issues in the theme code, but they dont look like thety would cause this problem.

Is anyone else getting the same problem?

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #164 on: April 24, 2016, 05:33 PM »
I guess E: is not you main windows drive?

Yes, it's not, C: is. Any workovers that I can do before a hotfix?