Forums
May 05, 2024, 11:06 AM

Author Topic: reminiscing-  (Read 6949 times)

Offline Anubis

Re: reminiscing-
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2011, 07:15 PM »
At start it was SupremE aka Makaveli (german one). I even called him on phone lol, his name is Gregor.
Later on SfX/NBR/NsK/DWI guys influenced me, in one game Amazed told me the fastest tapper is oijogja. So then I started to learn how to tap faster.

People I wanna mention for credit that helped me rope better/think out of the box: Supreme, erod, ropa (all the aliasing), Tjerp, shady, volrin, Kiyari, spalding (competitive roping), oijogja... the list goes on and on.

And like ropa says: In alias clans you (me at least) play better, you focus on new styles. I would of not won the style contest if I roped as Anubis but instead roped as DeathInFire which unlocked a whole new way of thinking in Warmers. In WWP I started in vP or something, it was a clan from Chicken23 and my name was Highlander and I only did BnG on a very high level, WWP actually had a good pool of bngers, I wonder what happened to them and if they made the change to W:A when WWP died. Would be quite a challenge for Komo. :)

However! Aliasing is good, count me in. :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2011, 10:44 AM »
Lol Kai, thought you said it was me who influenced you to become the fastest?

Alot of BnG players on WWP were WA BnG players also, like Plutonic for example.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2011, 11:40 AM »
Well my fastest taps are two handed taps which I learned because of yours, but they became rather useless for control. So yeah they might be the fastest but I sticked to FR. It's still nice to show them off, even on unmodded space they are incredible fast. :)

Offline Y2JID

« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2011, 06:25 PM »
At start it was SupremE aka Makaveli (german one). I even called him on phone lol, his name is Gregor.
Later on SfX/NBR/NsK/DWI guys influenced me, in one game Amazed told me the fastest tapper is oijogja. So then I started to learn how to tap faster.

People I wanna mention for credit that helped me rope better/think out of the box: Supreme, erod, ropa (all the aliasing), Tjerp, shady, volrin, Kiyari, spalding (competitive roping), oijogja... the list goes on and on.

And like ropa says: In alias clans you (me at least) play better, you focus on new styles. I would of not won the style contest if I roped as Anubis but instead roped as DeathInFire which unlocked a whole new way of thinking in Warmers. In WWP I started in vP or something, it was a clan from Chicken23 and my name was Highlander and I only did BnG on a very high level, WWP actually had a good pool of bngers, I wonder what happened to them and if they made the change to W:A when WWP died. Would be quite a challenge for Komo. :)

However! Aliasing is good, count me in. :)

omg i miss supreme and tjeip        o man i miss vP    one of the best  / fun clans ive been in   

Jackass showed me of to rope with Ironduck showed me of to shopper with ThexDUDEx and voodoochild
Uh, yo, it just so happen this how Y2JID thing started
Flip two aces and get two face cards
It happens, chip stackin'
I turn around, see a bunch of chicks clappin'
But a girl walked by, caught my eye
So I said, 'What the f@#!, stand here and give me luck'
And she whispered in my ear
A purple one on there and put a pink one on there

Offline Y2JID

« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2011, 06:27 PM »
sup was on aim like 2 months ago
Uh, yo, it just so happen this how Y2JID thing started
Flip two aces and get two face cards
It happens, chip stackin'
I turn around, see a bunch of chicks clappin'
But a girl walked by, caught my eye
So I said, 'What the f@#!, stand here and give me luck'
And she whispered in my ear
A purple one on there and put a pink one on there

Offline Anubis

« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2011, 09:51 PM »
Tell him to come back, he did awesome kicks.

But we need the Elite Force Map then. :P

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2011, 10:39 PM »
I saw jackass in #AG, hes back, we played a few games.

Online Free

« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2011, 08:40 AM »
IBB's roping tutorial!

Offline barman

« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2011, 10:41 PM »
Even though I've been playing worms since 1999 (online in WWP since early 2002), I was pretty much a shoppa guy until 2004. When I switched back to WA, Bonhert (vel zEr0) was the first "serious" player I became friends with. I remember playing lots of RRs as a total noob with him, he was probably losing patience sometimes. :D Then I started learning by watching replays of good players and trying to mimic the roping techniques.

I managed to develop my own "tappy-go-lucky" roping style later in 2005, which I use to this day. :P
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2011, 06:16 AM »
Wrong post sprry
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 06:33 AM by Dub-c »
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline m0nk

« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2011, 01:22 PM »
hmmmm, don't really remember... when I was completly noob there was some friendly guy from Poland, who explained me how the rope works and played some shoppers with me on wxw maps :P but don't remember his nick... this was maybe like 3 games only, but I remember it :o
then I remember I used to play rope races often with filon from pb (anybody's remember him?) and some ropers with m0nk when wwp was dying...
well, I have never had the real teacher like the ninja fighters who have their masters :P
I'm still learning in every game played

and who has I been taught? Everyone who joined my host and was going to learn! :) because usually only newbies join my ttrrs :-X but I like them :)

b00m

Offline Crazy

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2011, 03:14 PM »
The question is why was monk still playing wwp when it was dying?

Offline Ramone

« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2011, 10:31 PM »
hmmmm, don't really remember... when I was completly noob there was some friendly guy from Poland, who explained me how the rope works and played some shoppers with me on wxw maps :P but don't remember his nick... this was maybe like 3 games only, but I remember it :o
Maybe Broadsmile? He was the most friendly guy from Poland ever..  anyone remember him?

Offline Husk

« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2011, 11:23 PM »
Yea, wasn't he around like 3 years ago?

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2011, 01:25 AM »
The question is why was monk still playing wwp when it was dying?

lol @ dying. I played w2 until its death and wish I would have fully came to w:a earlier.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper