Forums
May 09, 2024, 08:42 AM

Author Topic: What do you hate the most?  (Read 13990 times)

Offline Sbaffo

Re: What do you hate the most?
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2016, 06:33 AM »
Lmao skunk3.

I don't know if you're being serious, but most of people here play for the competition, not for their ranking (it defines your skillz actually), if you don't mind playing ranked games don't say that there's no competition around the wormnet if your opponents are actually some russian shopper players. And who the heck warm under an alias? Have you got any names/proofs?

Also, you're criticizing warmer and its players when actually it's the only scheme you're supposed to play for fun!?! You're getting contradictory post by post. On the other hand i agree that most of rope player can't rope straight.

Again warmer is not only roping fast,  you gotta have also flow and control

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2016, 07:38 AM »
I hate noobmax and tobi spamming nonsense then Hosting mega nooby scheme vs noobs and then thinking they not noob because they just beat some noobs at their own scheme and map.

noobmaxobi if you read this TUS 1v1 Hysteria !

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2016, 08:53 AM »
I hate when pizzasheeti spamming nonsense then Hosting mega nooby scheme vs noobs and then thinking he not noob because he just beat some noobs at his own scheme and map. I also hate that he gain more moneys for doing shit and jobless than me working whole days and nights. He also dont pay for disturb other car being drunk, but this one I dont hate, I just dont like, coz what if he destroy my car then he run and dont pay, and then he even gain moneys for doing shit??? I also hate Australian football coz they costed me a lot of moneys, like melbourne city and brisbane shit, but it is okay, karma is karma.

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2016, 09:14 AM »
I hate kinslayer and his metale.... fu and your metale. I wipe my bum with Manowar tshirts

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline skunk3

« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2016, 03:02 PM »
Lmao skunk3.

I don't know if you're being serious, but most of people here play for the competition, not for their ranking (it defines your skillz actually), if you don't mind playing ranked games don't say that there's no competition around the wormnet if your opponents are actually some russian shopper players. And who the heck warm under an alias? Have you got any names/proofs?

Also, you're criticizing warmer and its players when actually it's the only scheme you're supposed to play for fun!?! You're getting contradictory post by post. On the other hand i agree that most of rope player can't rope straight.

Again warmer is not only roping fast,  you gotta have also flow and control

I was being 100% serious. Most people who play TUS a lot care about ranks deeply, so much so that they barely play funners at all. They are pretty much completely silent in #AG and only chime in to ask "TUS NE1???" then fade back into snooping. I don't play random Russian noobs; I try to find the best opponents that I can. Depending on the time of day, I can usually find good players on. My point, because I think you missed it, is that most of the people who actively play W:A and who actively post to this forum basically never play anything unless it's ranked singles or clanner. It's not like there isn't competition out there if the game isn't ranked, you know? THAT is my complaint. The TUS community is so incestuous. (No offense to anyone in particular.)

And yes, a lot of people warm under aliases, but I won't call out any names. Aliasing is so common on WormNET that it is actually kinda unbelievable.

As far as warmer goes, yes I do criticize the scheme because I find it utterly boring, not fun. I don't see what is 'fun' about pointlessly roping around. There's no objective. I am not hating on people who like to play warmers... I'm just saying that I PERSONALLY do not play warmers.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2016, 03:05 PM »
I know it will not happen, but I'd like to see what WormNET would look like if ranked leagues/cups/etc were completely gone for 6 months. I'd love to see these TUS lurkers actually host games for fun, for a change. Maybe then they would be surprised that they can get a challenge without playing for rank.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2016, 06:04 PM »
I hate it when people double posts instead of editing their original post.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2016, 06:24 PM »
Funners game being challenging? Hahahaha, nice one.

Offline Tomtysti

« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2016, 06:46 PM »
@skunk3:

I too think it would be great if there were more people playing unranked games for fun but blaming the people playing ranked for doing what they enjoy is ridiculous. Most active WA players play mostly competitively, it's just the way it is, the game is old and the most competitive players tend to stick around the longest.

I also don't see what's wrong about snooping, would it be so much better if those people were offline, it would not bring any more players, so complaining about them is pointless IMHO. Some people like to have #ag open in the background since it's so easy to do with 3rd party snooper software. To occasionally chat with old buddies and play a game or two. You can also set the snooper to notify you when a certain scheme is hosted or a friend has come online etc., that is real handy if you ask me.

I've never really played much rope schemes, but I understand the appeal of warmers for example, I find it similar to jamming with your band mates in the garage. A lot of people consider roping as a type of an art form, they just love doing it and even watching it and I guess it's a fun way to practice too and get feedback from more experienced players. The large variety of custom maps and randomly generated maps keep it fresh too. Warmer might not be the most suitable name, but a lot of schemes have strange names that have just stuck over the years, like Team17 for example. I personally don't mind it, but for new players it might be confusing.

And finally, the thing I dislike the most is how small the player base is and that a lot of the players are rude haters or salty quitters. Also the sad fact that my favourite game ever is now like 17 years old and no matter how great it has become over the years, it is still lacking in a lot of areas, inevitably getting dated, it's player base getting smaller every year and that there's no sign of a new, improved successor to WA ever coming, even though that should be the main f@#!ing focus of the whole gaming world  :( ;D  :'(
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 06:50 PM by Tomtysti »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2016, 08:55 PM »
I know it will not happen, but I'd like to see what WormNET would look like if ranked leagues/cups/etc were completely gone for 6 months. I'd love to see these TUS lurkers actually host games for fun, for a change. Maybe then they would be surprised that they can get a challenge without playing for rank.

So you enjoy games where people play serious but don't like the aspect of imaginable points being attached to it? How is it different to you when, after the match, you lose/win some points as opposed to nothing? I can't really get behind your dislike for competition when, at the same time, you embrace serious games anyway. Also, not liking a scheme doesn't make it pointless, it's just your personal taste not a scheme that is wrong. I don't like Hysteria and would love to see it go away, but it's not a wrong scheme when people enjoy and play it. It can be a wrong schemes for league games maybe. *cough*

It really feels like you simply follow a mindset of: I don't like it, it must be bad. That should generally not be the case once you reach mental adulthood.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2016, 09:21 PM »
@skunk3:

I too think it would be great if there were more people playing unranked games for fun but blaming the people playing ranked for doing what they enjoy is ridiculous. Most active WA players play mostly competitively, it's just the way it is, the game is old and the most competitive players tend to stick around the longest.

I also don't see what's wrong about snooping, would it be so much better if those people were offline, it would not bring any more players, so complaining about them is pointless IMHO. Some people like to have #ag open in the background since it's so easy to do with 3rd party snooper software. To occasionally chat with old buddies and play a game or two. You can also set the snooper to notify you when a certain scheme is hosted or a friend has come online etc., that is real handy if you ask me.

I've never really played much rope schemes, but I understand the appeal of warmers for example, I find it similar to jamming with your band mates in the garage. A lot of people consider roping as a type of an art form, they just love doing it and even watching it and I guess it's a fun way to practice too and get feedback from more experienced players. The large variety of custom maps and randomly generated maps keep it fresh too. Warmer might not be the most suitable name, but a lot of schemes have strange names that have just stuck over the years, like Team17 for example. I personally don't mind it, but for new players it might be confusing.

And finally, the thing I dislike the most is how small the player base is and that a lot of the players are rude haters or salty quitters. Also the sad fact that my favourite game ever is now like 17 years old and no matter how great it has become over the years, it is still lacking in a lot of areas, inevitably getting dated, it's player base getting smaller every year and that there's no sign of a new, improved successor to WA ever coming, even though that should be the main f@#!ing focus of the whole gaming world  :( ;D  :'(

I'm not blaming anyone per se, I'm just complaining about the state of things. What people choose to do or not do is out of my hands, and I guess I just can't help but think of the "good ol' days" when W:A was full of people having fun, talking shit, and playing games just for the sake of playing a game. I also know that I am in the minority when it comes to personal feelings about snooper programs. I 'get' why people use them and consider them convenient. I do. I just hate the fact that I can hop on WormNET and it will show 50+ people in #AG, yet in all actuality, it's more like 10 people, if that. The snooper programs make the game look far more active than it actually is, and that is essentially the basis of my complaint. As I said, I know that I am in the minority here, and that is fine. Just expressing my personal opinion! As far as warmers go, I can totally see why some people would love playing them. Once again, I *personally* don't enjoy them, and consider them to be pointless. *shrug*

As far as your last statement goes, I totally agree. I am hoping that WMD ends up being a satisfying Worms experience, but we will have to wait and see!

@ Anubis - My complaint stems from the fact that a lot of players simply WON'T play a funner. Period. I don't play ranked games anymore because of a few reasons:

1. I don't care about ranks
2. I am too lazy to report games
3. Playing for rank somehow ruins the fun for me, win or lose
4. As stated before, many players rarely if ever play for fun anymore

To more directly address your statement - You are correct in that I like competition, but for the reasons listed above, I do not enjoy playing ranked matches. As far as warmer being pointless, this is just a matter of opinion. If you don't agree with me, that is fine, but I still contend that warmer is about as pointless as it gets unless you're just trying to show off tricks/combos. Some people might consider that a blast, but I don't. There is no concrete objective, and that's where warmer fails as a scheme in my eyes. If people wanted to actually warm up, they could warm up by playing any rope-based scheme. Also, as I said before, people who play warmers a lot tend to be (on the whole) much less consistent ropers than those who aren't trying to get their NLF on.

Ignoring your jab directed at me regarding the status of my mental adulthood, let me just say that I never said that warmer is 'bad,' or that those who enjoy warming/freestyling are 'bad.' I merely expressed my personal opinion about the scheme. If you took some sort of personal offense, that's not really my problem, is it? All I said is that I personally think that warmers are pretty much a pointless waste of time UNLESS you just so happen to enjoy that sort of thing. I don't. Clear enough? :)

Offline Sensei

« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2016, 09:58 PM »
I don't play ranked games anymore because of a few reasons:

1. I don't care about ranks
2. I am too lazy to report games
3. Playing for rank somehow ruins the fun for me, win or lose
4. As stated before, many players rarely if ever play for fun anymore

:D

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2016, 10:17 PM »
skunk3, most of people here enjoy the game playing competitively, game is old, actually I think the opposite of you, for me it's just pointless to still play this game for the sake of nothing if It's not for become good and known, I'm still around only because of leagues, playing for fun doesnt bring the same adrenaline.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 10:23 PM by Kaleu »
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2016, 11:42 PM »
skunk, you keep saying you don't play for ranks and you keep saying how much better you are than everyone, which is it???

Offline Hurz

« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2016, 01:12 AM »
my mustard:

fun is always #1 for me, i dont really care if lose or win. playing league games just adds some spice/thrill cuz ppl can download/watch that shit if report.

i only play schemes i like tho, and if some of them fit leagues and the mates im playing with (just to have good times) agree i like to do it for league, just for the added "thrill" or however you may call it, tho.

i dont give a shit bout positions/standings/ranks/earned medals etc, its just like, if its reported somewhere you can check again and remember the fun you had, and share it with ppl who enjoy good turns etc.
or so.
i mean, seriously... what life you got if you get your self esteem from some online game :D