Forums
April 29, 2024, 12:47 PM

Author Topic: Why is WA so popular in certain continents/nations?  (Read 6220 times)

Re: Why is WA so popular in certain continents/nations?
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2013, 12:36 AM »
The community is very little to make any conclusions. There can be 100 russians vs 5 norwegians, but I guess the % will be the same for many other games. Also in different countires people prefer different games. Koreans don't play NFS in WCG tourneys, they love StarCraft. Same with Brazil, they choose racing games, football, etc. I guess USA people prefer to play modern games if we talk about serious competitions. Many people just play old games for fun with friends. I remember I brought WA in uni and every1 said "wow, worms, I wanna play!!!", but I doubt they would like to spend ages learning tactics and notching :D TaG clan looks like a group of friends, they have fun together. If a little percent will stop playing WA, there can be a chain reaction... Maybe it's WA destiny to stay out of professional gaming and always be a funny old game :)

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2013, 12:45 AM »
We are Pirates!
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Husk

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2013, 11:36 AM »

Offline StepS

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2013, 12:39 PM »
Russians just didn't exist on the servers.

hey man, indeed, and there's an easy explanation:

most of Russians never played W:A before because a publisher, Russobit-M released both W:A and WWP at the same time in 2002! which is why they are all for WWP at start

some publishers didn't really care about bringing such games to us :(
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2013, 01:23 PM »

Offline Rogi

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2013, 07:14 AM »
Interesting discussion here.

One russian site, vk.com have many browser games, and one of their is clone worms - "Wormix".

it's just f@#!ing clone, where physics sucks, graphics and special vidio effects for children etc... you can buy some weapons and customize for real $$$

But so interesting that this game have 13 000 000 russian players, and maybe 1/16 part playing it. I dont wanna compare tWA and this shit, but i know that many ppls play it coz they played WA before.  But i really dont f@#!ing understand why they cant just download WA xD

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Calm the hell down.|

Offline StepS

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2013, 08:25 AM »
they recently removed worms from it. but still the name, as well as the game, sucks and is becoming an illness (probably been years since it has already become, lol)
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2013, 02:27 PM »
Ive always said I woul imagine russia and brazil to have Giant billboards on the side of road saying PLAY WA!!!!

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline Hussar

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2013, 02:37 PM »
dunno how it works then that many polish ppl still join WormNet   :o

Offline Triad

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2013, 04:17 PM »
most of Turkish people has played a worms game in their life once and most of them played worms around 2004-2007 mostly. I remember i was playing wwp offline when i was 7 years old or something xD but unfortunately most of them wont play it now. I was playing wa in 2009, there was lots of good Turkish people like tenxone, cevval, steak, fume. But then i took a long break So after my long break from 2009, i returned in 2012. i saw that theres very few people in wormnet. So i decided to create a Turkish Worms site. And i created ultimateworms.tk

After creation of UC, i advertised this site to Turkish people in wormnet and some gaming sites. And i have 37 members on UC site now :) Most of people in UC started to play WA online seriously after they met me or registered UC site. I teached everything i know to them and also explained everything i know on UC site. And now they all are good wormers and i proud all of them :-* people of countries who has low number of players should do something like this if they want to increase that number. Its really works.

Instead of this, sometimes in school i offer "if you beat me once in 4 schemes i selected at WA, i ll give you 25 Lira (~14$ , ~10 €)" or something like this to my friends xDD actually this one works too ;D one of my friend thinking to start playing WA now xD

Offline Hussar

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2013, 05:44 PM »
thats rly cool, good work Triad.

Offline rU`

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2013, 06:07 PM »
Spain dominated wormnet around 2004-2006, unfortunately they all moved on to other games, life stuff, etc. I still talk to some of them.
You can count on the fingers of one hand the number of Spanish wormers nowadays, and if you see a Spanish flag they're most likely south-americans that have it set by default.

dunno how it works then that many polish ppl still join WormNet   :o

WWP was full of Polish players, they were like the russians of todays. I heard you could get the game for free in Poland, not sure how tbh, through a magazine or something.
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2013, 07:33 PM »
I heard you could get the game for free in Poland, not sure how tbh, through a magazine or something.

I have WA through Polish game magazine called 'CD Action'. Not sure about WWP, I don't think so.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2013, 08:11 PM »
most of Turkish people has played a worms game in their life once and most of them played worms around 2004-2007 mostly. I remember i was playing wwp offline when i was 7 years old or something xD but unfortunately most of them wont play it now. I was playing wa in 2009, there was lots of good Turkish people like tenxone, cevval, steak, fume. But then i took a long break So after my long break from 2009, i returned in 2012. i saw that theres very few people in wormnet. So i decided to create a Turkish Worms site. And i created ultimateworms.tk

After creation of UC, i advertised this site to Turkish people in wormnet and some gaming sites. And i have 37 members on UC site now :) Most of people in UC started to play WA online seriously after they met me or registered UC site. I teached everything i know to them and also explained everything i know on UC site. And now they all are good wormers and i proud all of them :-* people of countries who has low number of players should do something like this if they want to increase that number. Its really works.

Instead of this, sometimes in school i offer "if you beat me once in 4 schemes i selected at WA, i ll give you 25 Lira (~14$ , ~10 €)" or something like this to my friends xDD actually this one works too ;D one of my friend thinking to start playing WA now xD
  Sounds like you have done more for promoting worms than our very own worms promotion project team.  Great story man, especially having so many turkish members from a country with traditionally less people on wormnet.  I'm not sure I could get 37 americans for a worms group, lol.   Congratulations on your success.

Offline SPW

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2013, 12:16 AM »

Thats a good way. JohnMcClane was about the same. He and Medal were in the same class and they just ask some others to join, so Oley came. Circle goes bigger and whoops, you have a bunch of newcomers at one slap.

Keep that way! :)