May 27, 2024, 03:18 AM

Poll

are you telling me W:A isn't dead !?!?

yes
33 (91.7%)
no
3 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Worms Reloaded--Does W:A still have server?  (Read 5601 times)

Offline Shifty

Worms Reloaded--Does W:A still have server?
« on: January 11, 2011, 10:47 AM »
Lookin on steam cause i got some money to burn and feel like getting new game and i see...Worms. I hesitate because i had to eventually break W:A and even WWP into peices because i was too addicted to roping(cough* being the best is addicting, tho at the time of retirement,marco was said by some to be better). Was probably 8 years since i have played my beloved...my precious..So i do it. I buy worms reloaded. A little peice of me died. This was the biggest dissapointment i have felt in my gaming career. I have never actually seen a game go so far backwards then from W:A to Worms reloaded. First of all..wtf Steam? really? just gonna go ahead and put on a dead server instead of neglecting a server and letting it slowly die? 2nd. muffed all the options and menus, not huge...but still moving backwards. IM GONNA GO AHEAD AND SKIP TO THE PART WHERE THE ROPES MAKE ME WANNA CRY AND YOU CANT PUT FKIN WATER LEVEL WHERE MINES DROP AND WORMS DONT DROWNED. Cough* anyway..im really done complaining about reloaded, cause ive caught a glimmer of hope. Is wormnet not dead on W:A? im down to comeback i just heard that all of the servers were closed. Someone please let me know asap.
[Slacker`l3x] dude
[MIGHTY`tanerR] they are retarded
[MIGHTY`tanerR] dont worry
[MIGHTY`tanerR] f@#! u
[Devilagel3x`ea] f@#! u two n@#!!!
[Devilagel3x`ea] and f@#! ur 2 worm
[MIGHTY`tanerR] my left nut hurts for some reason
[MIGHTY`tanerR] these two are noobs
[MIGHTY`tanerR] feel the powa of my nutsack
[Slacker`l3x] gird me
[Slacker`l3x] wtf
[l3x`HusH`rOd] taner never helps
[MIGHTY`tanerR] slacker
[MIGHTY`tanerR] find me a better opponent

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Worms Reloaded--Does W:A still have server?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 11:07 AM »
W:A is more alive now than it ever was, yes WR and Steam sucks, welcome back :)

I used to go by the name TheKomodo, if you remember me, what was your name back then?

Offline HHC

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 11:22 AM »
Lookin on steam cause i got some money to burn and feel like getting new game and i see...Worms. I hesitate because i had to eventually break W:A and even WWP into peices because i was too addicted to roping(cough* being the best is addicting, tho at the time of retirement,marco was said by some to be better). Was probably 8 years since i have played my beloved...my precious..So i do it. I buy worms reloaded. A little peice of me died. This was the biggest dissapointment i have felt in my gaming career. I have never actually seen a game go so far backwards then from W:A to Worms reloaded. First of all..wtf Steam? really? just gonna go ahead and put on a dead server instead of neglecting a server and letting it slowly die? 2nd. muffed all the options and menus, not huge...but still moving backwards. IM GONNA GO AHEAD AND SKIP TO THE PART WHERE THE ROPES MAKE ME WANNA CRY AND YOU CANT PUT FKIN WATER LEVEL WHERE MINES DROP AND WORMS DONT DROWNED. Cough* anyway..im really done complaining about reloaded, cause ive caught a glimmer of hope. Is wormnet not dead on W:A? im down to comeback i just heard that all of the servers were closed. Someone please let me know asap.

I actually liked W:R, especially the mines acting like a ball in a pinball machine. I quit on it when the servers kept crapping out and didn't get any improvement at all.

But to answer your question. Yes, WA is still alive and kickin'. Some 100 players on at peaktimes (9pm CET), mostly noobs.. but there's a die-hard core of veterans and elite players. WA is still being updated by freelance coders with very nice features. If you once liked WA, I don't see a return being a disappointment.

Only neg is the lack of American/English players. With mostly zillians and russians around it's sometimes hard to get a decent conversation..

Offline Shifty

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 11:30 AM »
I was Slacker, quit prob 6 months into wwp. I use to play with Ptheat, Krazler, Marco, Fierydeath, IllBeBack, DeadPool and infinate others that i wont rem. till i see their names. I rem ure HHC tho. Was a BnG'er if i rem correctly. but such a long time ago i cant trust memory. and komodo i do rem. you briefly in wwp.
[Slacker`l3x] dude
[MIGHTY`tanerR] f@#! u
[Slacker`l3x] gird me
[Slacker`l3x] wtf
[MIGHTY`tanerR] slacker

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 11:33 AM »
Yeah I was under the name KomoduS on WWP xD

And with a name like Slacker, no wonder you didn't stay active ;)

Offline Rok

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 11:35 AM »
Only neg is the lack of American/English players. With mostly zillians and russians around it's sometimes hard to get a decent conversation..

Sometimes. But there's decent number of us who can speak english well enough ;)
Bold statement perhaps, but I dare to say W:a is in it's 2nd golden era. :)
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 11:38 AM »
Definately Rok, i'd go as far to say WA is in it's prime right now, in my opinion, right now it's better than it's ever been, most players are mature and respectful, act professional, ain't like 90% of other games out there ridiculously full of hackers and outright offensive people, we got more features than we could ever dream of say 8 years ago, I am glad and proud to be part of imo the most successful small gaming community in the world :)

Long live Wa :)

Offline Shifty

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 11:46 AM »
news sounds good gonna have to get a copy, tho if you were there for its prime you would remember whenwormnet ranks actually worked, and when u got elite u had 3 shiny stars =p  .Good memories, but 100 people on isn too bad, sounds like good community is still goin on there. not bad for a game thats ancient and could be run on dial up  :P

o..is there patch for newer windows versions? or i have to go rummage thru old computers? think that was problem i had last time i wanted to comeback
[Slacker`l3x] dude
[MIGHTY`tanerR] f@#! u
[Slacker`l3x] gird me
[Slacker`l3x] wtf
[MIGHTY`tanerR] slacker

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 11:58 AM »
Oops I voted no, I've read the question too fast :) I meant to vote YES, of course :)

Take a look at this :
http://wormtube.worms2d.info/

That's what made me come back to WA after a 5 or 6 years break, and I felt into the rope addiction again  :P

About the patchs and updates you still can find them on the t17 site @ http://wa.team17.com/main.html?page=home&area=welc The lastest patch will allow you to play under windows7

Offline flex

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 12:01 PM »
Definately Rok, i'd go as far to say WA is in it's prime right now

auhauhaua

Offline Shifty

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 12:02 PM »
last thing i will comment tonight, speaking of small community with a good game. get on steam and get altitude. if u like worms u will like it. its planes yes...but its as if they copied worms and put in planes. amazing game.(its what got me thinking of roping again) give it a 10/10. $5 or 10$ game, and i guarentee if u like worms you will like or i give you permission to hack me  :P
[Slacker`l3x] dude
[MIGHTY`tanerR] f@#! u
[Slacker`l3x] gird me
[Slacker`l3x] wtf
[MIGHTY`tanerR] slacker

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 01:15 PM »
slacker, I was there when WA had ranks, I had my Elite rank, I had the fiery bar too, i've been playing this game since the start of June 1999 lol, i've seen it all, played it all, loved it all :)

Tbh, ranks sucked, yeah, i'll say it, when you think about it, it wasn't the 3 shiny starts that made me love this game, it was the people I played with, and I still play with people i've known for so many years, they aren't just people I bump into on the net, they are real friends, one of my best mates I think I will ever have I met on this game, I almost died with him in a car crash, that ain't just a game, thats some serious sht...

Some people might laugh at that, but when you spend like 11 years with the same people, you get kinda close to some of them, you share memories and events in your life, it's not just a game for me anymore, it is really part of my life lol.

This game has evolved into something I never thought possible, and anyone who laughs at my opinion I think this game is in it's prime, well you already know I don givva fk what you say ;)

The game is great Slacker, it's always challenging, we have a great number of people working on Leagues and websites and Tournaments, programs to make things easier cooler or better, anyone who doesn't play this game, is losing out, seriously.

*** No I am not drunk lol, this guy jus got me remembering why I play this game, nothing wrong with showing a lil appreciation :) ***

Offline Crazy

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 02:21 PM »
+1 Komo

Offline flex

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 03:02 PM »
For me era = league successful (and ranks) And as far as I know there hasn't been only tus. So people get a clue, ty.
And Komo it's not a personnal attack, if you're happy with the game/community good for you. But in all objectivity there have been better times on all levels.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 08:08 AM »
*** LONG POST WARNING ***

But in all objectivity there have been better times on all levels.

If you feel this way that is fine obviously, and I respect that, we have our own opinions, but this is interesting to me, can you explain to me why you think the "old days" were better?

Let's make a list of pros and cons, i'll make my list for the present time, and you can make yours for the past:

WA in 2011:

Pros:

Replays
Less bugs
Less hacking
Less cheating
More mature players
More competitive because of the top players who have been playing since the beginning consistently
A vast variety of leagues
You can't get into a clan just because you can do a "shadow" these days, the best clans these days would whoop the clans back then, even TEA and HoS (imo)
Wormtube - For movies for WA
Stronger global community
Better server
Snoopers
Colour maps
Vast variety of competitive and fun schemes
Worm Olympics, even though I personally don't partake, I do see how much fun it brings to so many different cultures and players, and thats great
Deadcode/Cybershadow, without these guys the game wouldn't be what it is today, I would be honoured if I could shake their hands
Modern internet connections provide us with more stable gameplay, people still have bad connections, but the majority never really lag or d/c anywhere near what they used to, and you don't hear "lag" 100 times every roper game anymore.
More players - Sure, it's frustrating at times when the only games going are Shopper and Hysteria, but, at least they are playing WA and not some other crappy game :)

I am sure there are more I haven't thought of yet, but I will eventually lol

Cons:

No official Ranking system, although, nobody really cares anymore because we have other things that are better :)
Missing old friends/players who don't play anymore

I honestly can't think of anymore...

Yeah there were other leagues, extremely good ones, almost every "main" league has been great, but I think and feel TuS have provided us with something that bonds us together more than any other has, TuS have set records no other league could ever imagine doing, over 8,000 games a month, that's simply incredible :)

I will never forget any other league or any other great moment in WA, I hope I am not alone and I honestly think a massive amount of players will agree with me when I say this game HAS turned out better than we could have ever hoped, I remember playing this game for only 1 year in 2000 and when WWP came out soon after alot of people were saying stuff like "I hope WA never dies, feels like in 10 years no one will play anymore" I mean honestly, 11 years of consistent hardcore loyal players and leagues, i'd go as far to say WA holds records in the entire Gaming Industry that we don't even realise...

I am actually gonna make a vote on this, see what people think.