Forums
April 27, 2024, 12:55 AM

Author Topic: impi's weeny opinion about tus league  (Read 9215 times)

Offline TheWalrus

Re: impi's weeny opinion about tus league
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2013, 10:47 PM »
In for a prepared statement from a member of the Worms Armageddon Regeneration Project

Offline Husk

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2013, 10:51 PM »
noob bashing?
against noob bashing we would have match making

no chance to win against the biggest players?
other players need 15 years to catch the pros?
top players would compete in pro leagues/tournaments that have bigger prizepool, and beginners could compete in beginner leagues/tournaments that would also have prizepool but not as big, and prevent player from competing in both pro and beginner, someone could only either participate in the beginner or pro stuff

obviously there would need to be more than 2 tiers...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 10:55 PM by Husk »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2013, 10:53 PM »
noob bashing?
against noob bashing we would have match making

no chance to win against the biggest players?
other players need 15 years to catch the pros?
top players would compete in pro leagues/tournaments that have bigger prizepool, and beginners could compete in beginner leagues/tournaments that would also have prizepool but not as big, and prevent player from competing in both pro and beginner, someone could only either participate in the beginner or pro stuff

Oh and what stops me from making a new account and pretend to be newb? You know it's not that hard to actually alias and suck a bit here and there. Money would attract such behavior, trust me.

Offline Husk

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2013, 10:57 PM »
u r right, it is a major flaw

Offline Anubis

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2013, 10:59 PM »
I am just pointing out the massive work that would be ahead when money is involved for the TUS staff. There are things currently not seen in our community because it's chilled and relaxed without money. And even now we had these crazy amounts of drama occurring, just need to check old threads. xD

Offline avirex

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2013, 05:05 AM »
first off HHC-

"Five schemes that have proven to be well-balanced and... well, schemes that are just good for online competition."

your list of schemes suits your likes, and needs... i cant believe you say wxw is more of a map whore scheme then shoppa... i dont rly see anyone abusing wxw's maps too much (im not saying it doesnt happen) but shoppa! holy shit!! you have the most notorious shoppa map whore in your clan... its actually sick how much he abuses maps.. do i need to mention names???

and are you really putting hysteria in your list of well balanced and good online competition?? i wont even go there...

but, those are your opinions... if you asked me to make a list of 5, it would be different, if you ask statik to make a list it would be different, if you asked monkeyisland to make  list it would be different, and so on...

on topic: you guys are missing the point, your acting as if Impossible wants to introduce money, so he can quit his job, and start a happy life with a beautiful wife, 3 kids, a dog, and a picket fence.. lol.. i hardly think thats the case, the value is no the motivation in any way

currently there is NOTHING bringing people to worms, even if they see if available for purchase, who the hell really wants to buy it? but if we had nice cash prizes, maybe it would bring people to the game, being that they see we have an organized community.... because atm we just seem like a community of oldschoolers that refuse to give up on an old game...  and sure, that is exactly what we are... which is exactly why we need to take a step in this direction, if we are not going to give up on the game, then lets take steps to improve it...

the money will not motivate people to stay, the game itself will!! the money will just motivate people to try it (and hopefully many oldschoolers to come back)

i know when i first started playing years ago, i was intrigued by roping, i knew i was months and months, behind in roping, and i played every second i could to catch up... and i believe all newbs are like that, once they see the skill level, they will wanna learn.... the money will motivate them to do it quicker.. but we need something to draw them here.. and not just a sale on steam.

ofc we can all sit here and think of negative things that will come along with money in the league, but thats a given... with any positive situation, there will be some negative outcomes... but does the negative out weigh the positive?? i dont think so...

not to mention... what exactly do we have to lose?? if MI puts banners on the site, as i mentioned in another thread he can keep a percentage of the money, after all he has more then earned it...  and a percentage can go to clan league, and a percentage to singles...  what is there to lose?? lets say less then 10 oldschoolers come back, and less then 10 new unique players join tus... whats the problem?? we have more competition, and more skilled games....

my winnings would be divided between MonkeyIsland, DeadCode, and Cybershadow... maybe sending them a nice chunky donation would motivate quicker updates.. that would also benefit the game...

oh yah, and dt would all be getting new KB's season 1 :p

so yeah... money will own... the pros > cons

sorry for long post. 

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2013, 12:13 PM »
+1 avi
you just wrote what am I too lazy to write

Offline SpideR

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2013, 12:15 PM »
Just one thing about the money. Will we agree on clicking the damn ads as a whole to make up money for ourselves?
It's almost a cooperative agreement hehehe
Is that it? Because if there are no seriously clicks and important info related, and also clicks inside the sites that openned, there won't be a party with a few pennys.

I did a quick research: how many clicks is needed in adsense to check in $100

"That's a question that a majority of people would not get right.
Put it this way if you get $0.03 per click on average it would take 3,3333333... clicks to earn $100
But if you earned $1 per click it would take 100 clicks. Notice the big difference in the amounts. In other woulds it varies depending on your niche, how much you earn per click, if you also have cpm ads on your website, etc."

I think it could work hehe...

Now i need to go back to work before I get caught.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2013, 12:47 PM »
I would say W:A is really niche, so if it takes thousands of clicks to generate 100$ I am not sure that we have so many unique visitors.

Offline Peja

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2013, 02:14 PM »
the 2 people with most knowledge of pro gaming imo are darkz and anubis. if they see conern they should be listened. all i know is:

if you analyze tus-wa.com on some analyzers who try to find out the value of your homepage:

- great technique, gj MI there
- in all other categories (like clicks, visitors etc) this page is ranked very low

dunno if it means something.anyway im sure MonkeyIsland, DeadCode, and Cybershadow will be happy when they can share 2$ earings from avirex between each other. i guess this price is rather realistic than 100$

Offline barman

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2013, 02:23 PM »
It doesn't take a pro gamer to conclude that even if TUS was littered with ads, it is too unpopular to generate any serious profit. You are not going to attract thousands of new wormers by promising a couple of work days worth of money for winning a season ;)
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline Anubis

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2013, 03:57 PM »
We are not pro-gamer, but we somewhat follow pro gaming scene. :P

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2013, 04:01 PM »
Who is going to advertise all these huge cash prizes?  We are just going to pass it along with word of mouth?  Or hope that someone that googles "play games for a living" ends up on www.tus-wa.com?  I've said it once and I will say it again.  There isn't any money for league prizes, the only money that is generated is MI's, it's not up to you to spend it by committee.  Has anyone even asked him, "Hey, by the way, want to go ahead and f@#! up your website that you have put so much work into with adverts?  Just so you can make a few dollars which you are then responsible to find a way to pay to the winner of the league every month?"  If he really wanted to do it, he would have done it a long time ago when he mentioned it might be an option.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 04:03 PM by TheWalrus »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2013, 04:11 PM »
Nice post Walrus, I wholeheartedly agree with that!

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2013, 04:25 PM »
lmao guys do you understand what you are saying? how many years of experience you have with advertising on websites and blogs? judging by your words - zero.
there won't be a party with a few pennys.
didnt read your post after these words, but do you realize that most of the money doesnt come from clicks but from views?

you can smite me all day long but last posts on this topic doesnt make any sense at all, its just set of words about unknown subject.
100$ sounds unreal? you gotta be kidding me lmfao, tus got 10k hits per day and you think it cant gain 100$ in two f@#!ing months? Jesus I dont even want to respond to this nonsense on this thread you all just wrote, and I never will anymore because you are just trying to prove that it will not work without any solid reason