Forums
April 26, 2024, 10:09 PM

Author Topic: Just got a Wii U  (Read 7543 times)

Offline Ytrojan

Just got a Wii U
« on: July 12, 2016, 11:04 PM »
I just got a Wii U. It has Mario and Nintendoland pre-installed. As of the time of this posting, it's updating. Any thoughts?
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline Ytrojan

Re: Just got a Wii U
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 11:05 PM »
Oops. Move to gaming central.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 08:55 AM »
Pretty good machine. The system menus are kinda slow, but very clean. The GamePad could've had a little better build quality, but I suspect they had good reasons for this (weight/bulk/adding cost to an already expensive part).

There's little western third-party support, but Nintendo's games are excellent. Gotta love stuff that works right out of the box.

Some cool features too. Full Wii backwards compatibility. A pretty good web browser, especially for YouTube. GamePad doubles as a TV remote.

I bought it at launch for Pikmin 3, and boy did it deliver. Almost as good as Pikmin 1, with simply ravishing graphics. Will probably get NX for Pikmin 4. ^_^

Offline Husk

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 12:25 PM »
sm4sh, smm and the new zelda

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 02:52 PM »
congratulations you just bought the second worst console ever after the sega saturn
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Triad

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 07:20 PM »
congratulations you just bought the second worst console ever after the sega saturn
*cough* Virtual Boy, Panasonic CD-I etc. *cough*

It is best console to choose from this generation considering it has more exclusives. Xbox gonna release some exclusive games on PC and PS 4.5 will be shit. Pretty much a PC and a Wii U is the best choice. Not to mention full backwards compatiblity with wii games.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 08:18 PM by Triad »

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 07:21 PM »

*rage*

u mad?

Quote from: Triad
It is best console to choose from this generation

u serious?

edit by HHC: removed redi's quote.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 10:31 PM by HHC »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2016, 07:39 PM »

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 08:47 PM »
bahahaha turkish people are that out of touch with the pulse of the world?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2016, 09:49 PM »

Damn right!

Nintendo always has been up until now, and probably always will be a truly epic company for consoles.

I've played every console since the Master System / Nintendo Entertainment System, and Nintendo has been by far the best imo, I have the Wii U, and i'll be getting the NX, Sony/Xbox can go suck a d**k, they suck, and I am actually grateful they keep all the fanboys and CODpussys away from Nintendos online servers :)

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate online for Wii U was one of the greatest gaming experiences i've ever had and Zelda - Breath Of The Wild is hopefully gonna be the best thing since Ocarina of Time :D

Offline lalo

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2016, 11:12 PM »
We have the 3 consoles and we enjoy a lot the WiiU. Daina struggles a bit with the PS4 and X1 but playing Mario Kart and DK ain't difficult :D.
The PS4 is my choice tho. I have loved their exclusives such as Bloodborne. TLOU and Until Dawn, and games like Metal Gear, Wolfestein, Battlefront and few others are addictive. Psn Plus gives away shit games every month with the sole exception of Rocket League and The Walking Dead Season 2 so far, unlike Xbox Live Gold.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2016, 08:58 AM »

I have the Wii U, and i'll be getting the NX, Sony/Xbox can go suck a d**k, they suck

Quote from: TheKomodo
fanboys

That Wii U is the console of choice for the TUS vocal regulars is not surprising in the slightest. Don't we have a f@#!ing korean freemium farming shitty grinder stickied at the top of gaming central? XD

Trying to argue that the Wii U is the best console of this generation is ridiculous. It's even worse than calling the N64 the best of its. The thing has like 5 actual good games and then a bunch of remakes. The Xbox beats the f@#! out of it in anything online, not that the PS4 doesn't, they're also machines of more power and more features, and most importantly, a much richer catalog of high ranking games. And yes, some come out for the PC, that's just the future of gaming, exclusivity doesn't make sense anymore. The only reason Wii U doesn't have games like The Witcher 3 or The Division is because its because it can't run them, and if it could, its market is too gimmicky.

I'm dying to play the new Zelda myself but Nintendo has f@#!ed up majorly in recent times and are only alive (as a console manufacturer) because of their gameboys, otherwise they would have long become another SEGA.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 09:06 AM by Aerox »
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline theredi

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2016, 11:19 AM »
damn, i didint get muted but my post just vanished? Tus is transforming into chinese shit censorship or what  :P He still managed to quote it so what was the point?

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2016, 11:55 AM »
You got a warn theredi. Your "comebacks" are unnecessary. This is a simple console thread.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline theredi

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2016, 01:36 PM »
yea i know but why erase post? it wasnt that bad :D

back to thread, i have ps2 & ps3 but didint buy ps4 coz i almost dont play on them, no idea why, just get bored with games i guess, i only play 90s games nowadays, good old dos (norton commander) and win 98 times but i would like to try Wii U