Forums
May 08, 2024, 05:12 PM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] is avoiding ok?  (Read 9808 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: is avoiding ok?
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2010, 11:13 AM »
(This is generaly speaking, not picking on komo, altough it may look like: )

And what have you learned from that? To turn away and ignore his ungrateful sorry ass from then on?
NO, you obviously figured that it would be good to post another wall of text and hand him another ego injection a pathological attention seeker like him get his kicks from. Again, to all of you, read MonkeyIsland's post AGAIN and read it CAREFULLY.

No, I realised I won't offer him my help anymore, he doesn't deserve it, you can only help someone if they want to be helped, you can only force law if you are willing to take action, while I think you guys do an amazing job of this league, you are too soft, just like the modern justice system in almost every country in the world now, the reason WHY he gets his kicks out of it is because he gets away with it, NOT because we do the things we do, trust me when I say this, if someone does something wrong, and enjoy it, and gets away with it, they will continue to do it, if they do something wrong, and are severely punished for it, the chances are they will not do it again, they might try it again later, then you come down on them EVEN HARDER, and it will soon get stuck in their brain that this is wrong.

For example, the best thing my own father EVER done for me, was physically knock crap out of me, and sense into me when growing up, everytime I done something bad and got away with it, I would do more of it, whenever I done something bad and got caught, and my father found out, and knocked the crap out of me, guess what, I never done it again, because of this I stayed away from drugs like heroin, people that are just plain evil and a waste of time, and I grew up with a sense of morals and respect for other people, and I thank my father for that constantly, when he said "I am doing this for your own good" I now see what he meant.

I know this is slightly off-topic, but it's the same in UK with crime and punishement, human rights etc, and the proof is in the past:

Today, 95% of the time,  a man murders someone, gets imprisoned, with luxury, possibly better living conditions inside jail, than outside, mental help from a doctor (which doesn't work), gets out of jail 10 years later, murders someone else, gets jail for 20 years, gets back out, murders someone.

50 years ago, a man murders someone, man gets locked up for "life" lives under pathetic conditions, endures years of boredum, hard work, punishment, and harsh living conditions, gets out of jail 30-40 years later (maybe, after years of meetings and mental help) 80% of all these cases the person never commited a crime again.

100+ years ago, a man murders someone - that man gets sentenced to death, in most cases.

The further back we go, the more justice there was.

The point is: If you let someone away with something, they will keep doing it, this is fact, with proof to back it up.

I know for a fact, if zippo in real life was face to face with you, or MI, or ANY other MOD, and was acting like this to lets say, your family, or other beloved, you would NOT put up with it, I know you guys can put up with zippo's attitude, but just because you don't really care, or choose to ignore him, doesn't mean WE, have to put up with it.

And it is NOT the same few people complaining about Zippo, look at the records, I can bet at least 30 different people have made complaints about him, it's actually possibly close to 50-70, in terms of abuse they have received in-game, or some stupid comment Zippo has made about them in the games comments section.

Trust me, if WE didn't complain, someone else would, it is inevitable.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2010, 11:50 AM »
I believe the problem is that people constantly complain about one (or two) person and that is simply name calling. Name calling is really a bad manner too. People get easily banned for such things in other communities. Mostly there are Stickies called: No Name Calling. On the other side there are ALWAYS rules that forbid harsh language or flames. These guys get also banned very quickly.

But you can't just ban the one person that is causing the mess when the masses are heavily involved with accusations and name calling. You draw a bad picture on Zippo when new people read this forum. Not everyone follows the threads as deeply as some of us do so they simply think: Ok Zippo is bad.
That MIGHT be right but everyone should make his own judgment if someone is bad or not. Hence name calling is forbidden and punished in other forums.

Use the little report button, don't create flame threads and, yeah, ignore him. I do too and it works. ;)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2010, 11:58 AM »
I believe the problem is that people constantly complain about one (or two) person and that is simply name calling. Name calling is really a bad manner too. People get easily banned for such things in other communities. Mostly there are Stickies called: No Name Calling. On the other side there are ALWAYS rules that forbid harsh language or flames. These guys get also banned very quickly.

But you can't just ban the one person that is causing the mess when the masses are heavily involved with accusations and name calling. You draw a bad picture on Zippo when new people read this forum. Not everyone follows the threads as deeply as some of us do so they simply think: Ok Zippo is bad.
That MIGHT be right but everyone should make his own judgment if someone is bad or not. Hence name calling is forbidden and punished in other forums.

Use the little report button, don't create flame threads and, yeah, ignore him. I do too and it works. ;)

Kai, you haven't been around, you haven't even noticed whats been going on...

We are not drawing a picture of Zippo, he drew up his own self-portrait, he brought it on himself.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2010, 12:30 PM »
I don't like to steer shit up (i love it), but I got banned for much less. What changed?
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Uber

• Sexmachine

• Norway Norway
  • ps ps clan

• You'll never walk alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2010, 01:46 PM »
I totally see the points of MI, Rok and Darkone in this thread. They say alot of wise and senseful things which every1 should listen to. i ALSO get all the frustration from the "rest" of the people here. And MI,Rok and Darkone, are u really active enough in this league 2 "feel" the person f.ex Zippo is vs the players and clans in here? I think not, u rarely play this league, and i rarely see any1 of u in ag.. So just keep in mind, that looking from "afar" on this matter is much easier than for the guys who really plays alot of tus and feel it on their body.. :)

And btw Nino, i can understand u get mad when guys just show their penis 2 ur gf, ill have a talk with Camper....

:D
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 01:49 PM by Uber »

-You think you are pretty smart, but is was not me, and you became dumb.   Phanton.    <3

Offline Anubis

« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2010, 02:24 PM »

Kai, you haven't been around, you haven't even noticed whats been going on...

We are not drawing a picture of Zippo, he drew up his own self-portrait, he brought it on himself.

That's not completely true at all! I have always read the more interesting threads on Tus, even before actively posting here. :)
And still in my opinion name calling isn't really the solution to this problem you have here with zippo. MI has clearly statet that creating threads and complaining about him isn't going to get him banned. Why still bother then? -.-

I even think that the more you moan about him the less it gets him banned. xD

Offline nino

« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2010, 02:30 PM »
ye uber, that really piss me of..cos she always comments things like...this one was bigger than yours!!!  >:( huahuahua
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Uber

• Sexmachine

• Norway Norway
  • ps ps clan

• You'll never walk alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2010, 02:32 PM »
Oh, it wasnt Camper then.....  :D

haha xD

-You think you are pretty smart, but is was not me, and you became dumb.   Phanton.    <3

Offline avirex

« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2010, 03:51 PM »
uber brings up a very good point..  :-*

Offline chakkman

« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2010, 04:42 PM »
MI, i just read your post and must say that i don't really get your point on how you advice to solve the obvious problems on this site.

You know you blame people to give too much attention to certain people who are only into destroying this, saying that they are responsible for all this to happen... why did you put up rules on this site then anyway if noone gets punished when breaking them? Punishment by ignoring?? Come on... you know, the person that should be first to blame for you is yourself then. By putting a site like this on the internet you actually performed the 1st step to give the attention-seekers a platform to post their rubbish. That is why in every society/community or anything there are responsible people taking care of cleaning up the rubbish to protect the people that enjoy the benefits of this society or community. I don't see that on TUS, and i'm delighted to see other people get fed up with the shit here slowly too now.

Sorry dude but it's your job to do something when things go wrong, and to tell people to ignore notorious attention seeking no-lifes and people that break the rules every day is not a clever thing to do, no it isn't.

Edit: Note that i don't write this because i hate Zipp0, Doulbetime or anyone else, the names don't matter. I hate when people think they can do everything they like not caring about others and destroying what they built up and they get a "Oooh he's not such a bad guy, he just needs a bit of ignoring, in fact the people that don't ignore him are the bad guys becasue they give him what he wants. :D" instead of a well deserved pedagogic kick in the ass.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 04:47 PM by chakkman »

« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2010, 05:47 PM »
I don't like to steer shit up (i love it), but I got banned for much less. What changed?

BAN HIM!
*cough*
never mind :)

Uber, no I don't play TUS actively, but this does not mean that I don't play W:A actively. I've actually played W:A for quite a long time too. It saddens me that you're assuming I don't know what it's like to play with people like Zippo. Even more so that you seem to assume the Zippo complaints don't frustrate us as moderators.
And you can stop pretending that Zippo and Doubletime are the first and only annoying people ever to be on WN.
I know someone with chess like Zippo too. The last time we played, I escaped with a draw and he called it the worst game by far that he had played. (A far better comparison than nino's exhibitionist example, if you ask me.) I just told him it was by far the worst game I had played today too. I can tell you he didn't like that :)

Of course people are frustrated. You guys are being annoyed constantly by the same 2 guys.
Now read this thread and pretend you're crash/Zippo. Would you be motivated to be nice to these guys?
We're not asking you to be nice to him/them, you can read it back. We're not defending his/their behaviour, we're really not.
But there are people here (in this very thread no less) who've had their moments that are far worse than anything Zippo has ever done, yet no one has asked us to ban them.
How would you react if a thread like this was started about one of your mates?

If you recall, there actually was a period when Zippo was actually acting quite normally. This was after Komo had a little chat with him (kudos for that btw, Komo). If you hadn't noticed that, then you're only paying attention to Zippo when he's annoying.

Chakk, I fully sympathise with what you're saying there. But I also recall a certain bungeerace cup where you were reluctant to kick someone out who was misbehaving  ;) (you could chalk that experience for the first paragraph, Uber). You might also note that I never asked you to kick him out either, but rather to address the multiple complaints of just one game.
I'm not reminding you to criticise your decisions in that cup in any way btw. At the time, I was really pissed at how things were going, but in retrospect, I think what you did was the best way to handle the situation.

Offline Camper

« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2010, 06:47 PM »
Oh, it wasnt Camper then.....  :D

haha xD

piiiif, you like to see it on webcam whore!

Offline chakkman

« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2010, 06:50 PM »
Chakk, I fully sympathise with what you're saying there. But I also recall a certain bungeerace cup where you were reluctant to kick someone out who was misbehaving  ;) (you could chalk that experience for the first paragraph, Uber). You might also note that I never asked you to kick him out either, but rather to address the multiple complaints of just one game.
I'm not reminding you to criticise your decisions in that cup in any way btw. At the time, I was really pissed at how things were going, but in retrospect, I think what you did was the best way to handle the situation.

Well you got a point there i guess^^. The difference imo is though that FaD was given a 2nd chance and i told him he's out if there's anymore trouble concerning him while the notorious cheaters, attention seekers or whatever here get their 1000th chance and still get away with it without having to face any consequences.

Offline nino

« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2010, 07:10 PM »
cool d1, i remember when u used to defend the point of TSR banning peoples like crazy in FB, now i undestand you point why we have to stand a guy as zippo, thanks m8.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 07:15 PM by nino »
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2010, 07:23 PM »
I remember when everybody was outraged at the banning of people in FB :)

Oh, how the world changes! But to be honest, if we're going to ban people for being annoying, you should definitely be banned for what you posted earlier in this thread...