Forums
May 08, 2024, 09:49 PM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] is avoiding ok?  (Read 9809 times)

Offline Chicken23

Re: is avoiding ok?
« Reply #135 on: September 02, 2010, 06:54 PM »

And even though it is a computer game, it STILL IS real life, played by real people, in a real world, we are not dreaming or having nightmares here, and so it affects people even more because they can't take control as they could face to face.

Why do they need to take control tho? And why do you let it bother you when someone insults you? Thier behaviour doesn't bother me to the degree it bothers you i think.

My point here was a counter on something you said, which was about not being immature as to go to another pub, the reference was we cannot just easily decide to go to another league, because there are none, I think you picked me up wrong on this?

Fair enough. There is no where else for you to go. But my point is that if someone was bugging me in my favourite pub. I would not be immature enough to let that get in the way of things. I would not go looking for a different pub to drink in because this one is my favourite. And i wouldn't badger the landlord into bar'ing people from that pub. So maybe you did not get my point. It was saying going off to a different alternative is not the right answer either. I think it was saying hypothecial that you just find different people to drink and talk with.. Hypothecial in our silly little pub scenerio, if zippo and crash are blind drunk getting into fights every night they would be banned right? But are they doing that here? Or are the acting like idiots but then getting a reaction off others which makes the situation worse?! I think the latter occurs more than them doing stuff which is a bannable offense.

You are totally wrong with associating the way FB banned people with what would happen if TuS banned Zippo for his persistant actions and attitude, you cannot say it will end up the same especially since you can't see the future for starters, we all know FB took banning people WAY out of proportion, and I know for a fact TuS would never do this.

Yes, i know that and it was on purpose because i wanted to dramatise the point. But once you go down that road its easy to say well that guy got banned for that. Why should that person not be banned from this? If we ban zippo and crash i think yourself, avirex, free, beer and probably me for some of my comments over the past year on this site could easly face bans aswell with the provoking too. Just look at those examples of what random00 posted about the comments in zippo's replays. People went there to provoke him on purpose. How is that behaviour any different from zippo and crash?

Like you, I am just defending what I believe is right, now I like you Tom, I really do, we go way back, so please DO NOT take this next statement to heart, it's just what I feel would really happen, I respect the fact you wish everyone could just get along, and that you think more justice harder rules and controlling the freedom of speech are bad things, I really respect your opinion, the only reason we get away with this is because we are spoiled in our countrys, in some countrys acting the way Zippo does could literally gets people killed, and by this I don't mean whining a bit because he loses a game, I am talking about the way he totally disrespects people and some comments he specifically makes.

Now this is just redicilously and boarderline dellusional. Saying zippo's behaviour could get people killed? What are you smoking bro? And yea in the united kingdom we have different laws and less corruption but are you suggestion because zippo comes from a different country we should treat him differently? Thats prejudicism because your saying zippo is from a different country so he must act that way... and saying how he acts in his country gets people killed. What evidence do you have to say that? Because he does not have the social conditions of UK we should treat him differently? I think you need to explain that one to me because im interested to know whats going through your head here.

I know you wish we could all get along, most people think that, but you need to have some backbone and make tough choices to benefit things sometime, I know you are saying this, but i've seen you saying stuff worse than "they should get banned" over the years I have known you, but with those things you said, you have mostly had good reason to say them, just like we have good reason to think Zippo and Crash should be banned for a while, especially Zippo, so for that part you are somewhat a Hypocrit.

If you could come and pull out me saying that stuff then please go ahead because accusing me of being a hypocrit is funny when i don't believe i am. Is your point that ive said shit about zippo and crash? Of course i have, their idiots. I can say whatever crap i want about them. The difference is the people feeding the trolls do it publicly. This provokes them and makes matters worse. Also i haven't said they should be banned. Thats different to insulting them. Maybe im insulting them behind their backs too. But i don't care. Thats my opinion of them and its not constructive to start a fight with them publicly. I can do it over msn and in games if i want to and have done in the past. So im not talking behind their backs for long because i do have the balls to tell them when they are being dicks. That is fine as its not bringing it to the tus website and the community. Ive never said they should be banned from this league. I may of said they should be banned for cheating in leagues. Like the zippo and the uncle situation. If they got caught using programes to cheat and have their been situations when they pull the plug on games. Behaviour like that is not acceptable and thats the kind of stuff they should be punished for. We should be arguing and pulling facts and evidence about those incidients if you want to ban and punish them..

It's not our fault some people have been raised up and grown to be able to take this amount of crap from people and live with it, right now, and no offence, you are making it come across to me as you one of those people that would witness someone at school or a workplace being bullied or continously harassed and do nothing about it because it doesn't bother you personally, or walking one day and seeing some poor helpless person being mugged or raped and either be too scared to help them, or just don't care.

Now that is personal and just from reading my posts and arguing with me you've decided to make assumptions about who am i when all you know about me is from our interactions over the internet. People act very differently from how they act on here to how they act in the real world. You've just effectly called me a coward, pussy and selfish. How can you base your opinions of me on topics about a bloody game and if someone should be banned or not? That is very different to someone being bullied, someone being mugged or raped. Saying i would not care if something like that was happening to someone? Get real dave. Just because i have a liberal point of view on this topic does not mean i would act that way in a different situation. Do you want me to come and make assumptions about your personalilty and behaviour? Im sure you wouldn't like it because i easly could and may just be as easly wrong about you as you were about me and that would insult you.

Now I know you are thinking, what's this got to do with someone on a game being banned for being a twat?!? However it is somehow the same train of thought, just because it doesn't directly affect you, or bother you that Zippo/Crash are 2 extremely annoying persistant cheap "anything-for-the-win" insultive ignorant arrogant immature pests, doesn't mean what they are doing isn't bad enough to deserve a ban or at least some sort of punishment for their actions, if we didn't have rules and laws to follow, it would be chaotic.

So yea, now that saying it doesnt directly effect me after calling me a coward your trying to show how its relative.
somehow the same train of thought
Well its not because i am thinking what the hell has someone being raped got to do with someone acting like they do on this site. Because i can ignore people acting immaturely on this website therefore means im going to irgnore someone being mugged? You can't compare these acts because they are so different so i think your argument is void. There is no comparison between the situations you have presented because they are totally diverse. Saying someone will ignore stuff in life so they will ignore things on a worms community is not really a solid base of argument. Bescause someone steals stationary at work does not mean they will steal a car or rob a bank right? I don't think you can apply a relative theory to social behaviour. There are too many different varibles which influence us. I think its more to do with physics... like gravity.

Im still here saying they don't deserved to be banned. Im still saying i can ignore them and that does not mean those of us who are able to ignore them are the type of people that don't stand up for others. I can say what they are doing is petty but it does not bother me. But yea. Maybe a punishment is in order. They could have a forum ban. Some warnings. But still untill there is enough cases to do this where zippo and crash have not been provoked then i don't think they should be banned based on the arguments you just presented.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 07:02 PM by Chicken23 »

Offline Albino

« Reply #136 on: September 02, 2010, 07:18 PM »
well said tom, i totally agree.

« Reply #137 on: September 02, 2010, 08:07 PM »
OK, bottom line here.

Zippo can be annoying, there's no doubt about it. However, as Chicken23 pointed out, he has not cheated in the league. Zippo will therefore not be banned from the leagues and will be able to play league games, both singles and clanners. This includes playoffs.
We are, however, giving him a temporary forum ban. About 2 weeks should be enough. Regarding the playoff arrangement thread in the case of DoH, crash will have to post.

That said, Zippo is not the only one at fault. Numerous people have provoked zippo. Notable examples are Free and nino. Both players get a warning. We do not want to see this from you guys anymore, nor from anyone else.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #138 on: September 02, 2010, 08:18 PM »
And so it begins...   :[

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #139 on: September 02, 2010, 08:31 PM »
I can't be bothered with this pointless and endless debate of opinions.

We are both entitled to our opinions, and cannot come to an agreement Tom, I will answer each of your quotes as quick as I can:

I am the type of person that does not let people insult me, if you are ok with people insulting you, or you can handle it differently, that is your choice, I don't like people disrespecting me, and I will always do something about it.

I honestly think if someone was REALLY REALLY annoying you, to the point it is affecting the fun you are having in a pub, you WOULD change pubs or try and get something done about it, the point is, you would not leave it alone, I know you Tom, you wouldn't let it continue the way it is, something would happen, whether you get into a fight with the guy, whether he leaves, you leave doesn't matter, the point is there would be a reaction and I honestly think you would be lying if you said otherwise.

And yes, I think I should have had a forum ban for some of the things I said, as should you, avi, jeff, nino etc, we all should have, I can accept this because I am man enough to admit when I am wrong, if they are not, and they complain moan and cause MORE trouble through being banned, it just goes to show they can't handle the fact they are acting wrong according to the rules that got them the punishment in the 1st place.

What I said about this is perfectly natural and correct, there are alot of places in the world where if you disrespect and insult someone the way zippo does, it will get you stabbed shot or possibly worse, this is a fact, your opinion to ignore this is your choice, it's life, it's the world, get used to it.

Who cares if it provokes them and makes matter worse? Matters wouldn't get worse if it was done in the 1st place which I believe it should, I play ALOT of other games online actively and I am in guilds and leagues etc with forums like this, and NONE of them put up with anything even close to this much crap, WA is a small and soft community, my point here is, why the hell should we STILL have to put up with people like this after 11 years?

I used my words very carefully with this statement and you haven't even took that into consideration, if you can't be bothered to read my words specifically then I won't bother with yours, but now come to think of it, I personally DO think you are a bit of a coward the way you are acting saying things like let them act like that, ignore them, lets all get alone, I also think you are being ignorant to the way other people think about this situation, i've already said I respect your opinion, I will not look down on you, you will still be my mate, I just think you care too much about how people look at you, if you were to look at yourself, you are having a go at me, because I feel they should be banned, and I am stating my opinion, trying to defend justice here, zippo/crash are the ones who have done most of the bad stuff and the worst of it, yet you stick up for them? And don't say you are not because you are, even if you are not intending to...

You obviously have not read what I have said properly and PLEASE don't try and say you have cuz you have just proved it with this: "So yea, now that saying it doesnt directly effect me after calling me a coward your trying to show how its relative." Even if you read it you obviously do not understand it, because I was referring the way they behave not directly affecting you, not the things I said as an example, to me this is a case of you seeing what you want to see.

Again, you are not fully understanding what it is that I am saying, it IS the same train of thought, not for the actions being made, ie, Raping someone, Mugging someone, Bullying someone or harassing them, acting like a complete and utter evil person, it is the person who witnesses this who shares the same train of thought, for whatever reason, they are too scared, they don't have the guts, they are too simple minded, they don't care, they are not willing to take action for something that is obviously a bad thing and that is what you are doing, you would rather just let Zippo and crash continue to harass people and keep causing trouble, than actually do something about it and try to sort it out, this is what I refer to as being cowardly and selfish, and I totally think you are acting like this right now, I didn't say this is what you are all the time, and I didn't say "pussy" but right now you are showing signs of it, it doesn't mean I don't respect you or anything, so stop thinking things that I haven't directly and specifically or even technically said.

Also on a side note, if you steal something, whether it be stationary from work, or a car, it is STILL STEALING, you can get sacked for stealing at work, grazing also, it is STILL WRONG, and you should STILL BE PUNISHED for it if you get caught, I have stole stuff before from jobs, I fully understand it is wrong and if I had been caught I would fully accept the consequences for my actions, Zippo/Crash have been caught red handed on multiple occasions and yet they go unpunished, it just isn't fair, no matter what your opinion is.

Tom, let's just agree to disagree, there is NOTHING we can both say to come to an agreement on this issue, you have your opinion, and I have my opinion, which I honestly think neither of us are wrong, or right, because the issues we talk about all depends on personal feelings and opinions, and nothing can be proven, however if you continue to post, so will I, because I am persistent enough in the things I believe in.

Lol @ "as quick as I can" <--- That was a pointless statement if I ever made one haha...

Offline nino

« Reply #140 on: September 02, 2010, 08:35 PM »
iam with u too komo, nice post. <3

edit: jeff and avi xD ae komo.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 08:47 PM by nino »
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #141 on: September 02, 2010, 08:36 PM »
You must have posted while I was posting D1 - I think the action you took is appropriate and spot on, well done and thank you :)

Hopefully they learn from this.

Also, at no point did I say they deserved to be banned from playing altogether lol, that's impossible anyway, a forum ban is perfect.

« Reply #142 on: September 02, 2010, 08:38 PM »
I am man enough to admit when I am wrong

Then how about doing it once in a while?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #143 on: September 02, 2010, 08:40 PM »
I have done on many occasions where 100% proved wrong.

There is a difference between being proved wrong, and someone having a different opinion, unless facts are shoved in my face, it doesn't mean I am wrong.

The same could be said for you, by the way.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #144 on: September 02, 2010, 09:02 PM »
edit: jeff and avi xD ae komo.

Oops lol, my bad, I meant avi, didn't even notice I had typed Jeff at all :O

My apologies haha.

Offline avirex

« Reply #145 on: September 02, 2010, 09:41 PM »
i dont really think its fair that nino and free were awarded a warning, and i was not... but ok.. whatever, i will accept this, and move on.

Offline Uber

• Sexmachine

• Norway Norway
  • ps ps clan

• You'll never walk alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 02, 2010, 09:49 PM »
I'll make a "warn Avi" thread.. xD

-You think you are pretty smart, but is was not me, and you became dumb.   Phanton.    <3

Offline avirex

« Reply #147 on: September 02, 2010, 09:57 PM »
start a poll please. :-*

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #148 on: September 02, 2010, 10:13 PM »
Jeff, you didn't get a warning because we all know you will apologise to the mods in a very "Special" way ;)

Offline nino

« Reply #149 on: September 02, 2010, 10:51 PM »
i doubt the mods will accept his bum tho, but u r right komo.
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.