Forums
April 29, 2024, 01:45 PM

Author Topic: Do you like your country?  (Read 5304 times)

Do you like your country?
« on: May 17, 2014, 02:59 AM »
Do you like your country? and why.

Take the question as you want, whatever point of view is ok. The question could be kinda ambiguous but that's ok, answer as you want.

Offline ANO

Re: Do you like your country?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 07:39 AM »
I miss my country, I left 4 years ago.
The things I miss most are the reasons why I like it, I think :)

- Food and COFFEE. It seems rhetorical, and it is. THe first three years, I was trying to force my self to not complain about coffee, because I hate every italian abroad who complain about coffee... but... now, I miss that f@#!ing BAR, with that f@#!ing STAND UP Coffee, so tasty and strong. And every time I go home and I take the highway, where there is the best coffee ever, I am about to cry when I take those 3 sips.
Btw, I will buy soon a professional Espresso Machine, I cannot have a life without a good coffee.

- I come from Tuscany, it has different kind of landscapes every some kilometers, so wild, it remembers me that I am a beast and where I belong.

- Cities. Cities in Italy have old histories, arts, you can smell this, you can see this, you can touch this, you can live this.
 This is a thing that I have not found everywhere out of my country. Well, I don't like living in the city, but when I go there (every morning ehehe), I wish I could breath those smells.

- Politic... auhuah Joking, I will neither come back to vote :)

Offline SPW

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 09:00 AM »
Ano, did you ever try the nespresso coffee? I love the ristretto ones, all black. I dont like every coffee either but nespresso never dissapointed me.

Worst coffee I had in the states and in asia. Australian one wasnt good too. Best I had in Italy and... Switzerland  :)

On topic, I love my country and its a big privilege to live here. But this might be obvious when speaking about switzerland. Here everything is just perfect and people need to go off-border to realize this from time to time.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 10:07 AM »

Here everything is just perfect

It is for the middle and upper class isn't it?. It's still one of the biggest "cosmopolite" countries with  big discrimination issues even as far as xenophobia in some cases supported by political instances.

as for spain, we're f@#!ed... a divided country since the civil war, bunch of racists, language ignorants and an economy on the level of Greece.
As for the positive things... we still have one of the best public transports in the world... we have the best restaurants in the world... and our 4 star hotels are 5 stars in other countries at the cost of 3 stars, but this is to the benefit of tourists... . The weather and the people are also pretty good for Europe.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 11:58 AM by Aerox »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 11:29 AM »
ummm, sure!!! working for 1 euro per hour and listen shit about sick politics everyday really make me loving my country :) Ppl here sux,(not all of course) but country is beautiful. And today I like my country, coz first time MANOWAR playing in poland katowice  xdddddd so lets go f@#!ing rox

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 02:11 PM »
I love my country, Because:

I get $250 a week while I dont have a job.
We have free Healthcare.
We have Beaches,Mountains,Bush,Desert,Rainforest,Snow... every climate.
Its too big to explore to whole thing.
Amazing wildlife
We are multicultural

Australia = lucker country.

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline HHC

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 03:32 PM »
There's stuff to like, and stuff not to like. It's kinda like asking whether you like food.. or games hosted in anythinggoes :O

If I had to choose any country to live in... it would be Norway, Iceland or Switzerland.

Those countries seem to have the largest % of civilized people  ;D

Offline Prankster

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 03:59 PM »
Hahah, pizzasheet, I'm in OZ now and you are right, life here is kinda easy! but I just love my country even more since I'm here, because internet SUCKS in Australia, big time! even compared to Hungary :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 04:01 PM by Prankster »

Offline TOMT

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2014, 04:02 PM »
Oh I love Norway!   :-[

I think the biggest reason is that money doesn't talk here! :)

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2014, 06:21 PM »
I love my country, Because:

I get $250 a week while I dont have a job.
We have free Healthcare.
We have Beaches,Mountains,Bush,Desert,Rainforest,Snow... every climate.
Its too big to explore to whole thing.
Amazing wildlife
We are multicultural

Australia = lucker country.

AND YOU HAVE KANGAROOS! :D

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline ANO

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2014, 06:42 PM »
Ano, did you ever try the nespresso coffee? I love the ristretto ones, all black. I dont like every coffee either but nespresso never dissapointed me.

Worst coffee I had in the states and in asia. Australian one wasnt good too. Best I had in Italy and... Switzerland  :)

On topic, I love my country and its a big privilege to live here. But this might be obvious when speaking about switzerland. Here everything is just perfect and people need to go off-border to realize this from time to time.

I work in Switzerland actually, I have the Nespresso machine at work auhauha But... it's a machine, it has not a warm heart. The secret of the espresso is in the beans and how they are ground and then the proper machine that gives you the right water pressure and temperature... It's a mix of 4 things.
Nespresso,and similar, is not bad.. but... nothing compare to a proper machine.

By the way, I live between France and Switzerland and I have to say that coffee in Switzerland is much much better than in France (where there is the best bread of the world). And when I am there I always take long coffee, I mean, your coffee.

PS: And I like my region, Tuscany, because tonight has given me this as gift... and ... f@#!... that was really awesome... nothing else to add about this wine. :

« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 08:29 PM by ANO »

Offline ArsGoetia

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2014, 08:48 PM »
I totally hate my hole Costa Rica ... cuz fenice is from Costa Rica ... soon i will destroy this country wich made me get alot of traumas
[GrW`AnGsT-tgH] hey, have you noticed that Komo always makes the maps a little smaller on one side?
[``GrW-ROp3Rz`] yes, I think that is cross-eyed

Offline Prince_Egypt

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2014, 09:00 PM »
I Love Egypt ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Because : 1-The first and greatest civilization in history
       2- 1/3 Monuments found in Egypt
    3-We have the greatest pyramids of Wonders
  4- We did revolution Where the world by surprise
 5- We did 2 revolution in 2 years  Just  We belive in good Future
6-We speak Language Where 21 Country Speak like a us
7-Army Egypt make Miracles Throughout the ages

I Love you Egypt   ♥

Offline MeTonaTOR

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2014, 09:08 PM »
OFC I HATE MY f@#!IN NATION CAUSE OF TUSK... only
<Asbest> alright im too sleepy, i seen too many idiots today. i hope no one will get what i got. have a good night
* Asbest (~Asbest@5b606b87.bfe48da6.6c2d5d00.IP4) Quit (Quit)
<StepS> party
<OutofOrder> ♫♪♫♪ \o/ _o/ \o\  /o/ ♫♪♪♫
<Bamboy> ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
<StepS> (≧▽≦)
<Bamboy> ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
<WTF-8> ( . )   ( . )

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2014, 09:26 PM »
I love the USA, maybe for a different reason than most people do.  I love the athletics, we have the biggest and most accessible pro sports leagues in the world, and the best athletes.  Can't imagine living in a place where I can't catch a wide variety of sports played at the highest levels. 

The only possible exception being UK/Euro football, I know I would get into it if I lived over there.