Forums
May 09, 2024, 10:25 AM

Author Topic: EURO 2012 POLAND UKRAINE  (Read 10483 times)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
Re: EURO 2012 POLAND UKRAINE
« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2012, 11:36 AM »
Netherland-Portugal: Bookies give an average odds of 5.00 for Netherland to win with atleast two goals = 20% probability.

In reality, much overestimated.

Most of the dutch key players are either depressed or through a really bad patch. Sneijder, Robben, both of them have had terrible seasons in places they didn't want to be so it was expected they'd do this bad, at least, from my end. Before the Eurocup Holland was a red spot for me, meaning I wouldn't bet any of my cash on matches involving them.

I've made some money with Russia and Portugal, both of them had incredibly bad odds (most likely influenced by the last international tournaments), and they have both incredible teams.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2012, 11:45 AM »
I think Portugal is playing really pathetic to be honest. Against Denmark they were trying to lower the tempo of the game and defend their 2-1 lead throughout the entire 2nd half. Why do this against an opponent you're superiour to? Why not go agressive and kill the game early on instead? It's like Random should wait for SD in an elite where he is playing vs a semi-pro who's got all his worms skunked. You're basically asking for trouble... Portugal were lucky to get away with it this time, but I think they'll go out early of the tournament if this is their strategy in the next game(s).
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 11:47 AM by Crazy »

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2012, 12:21 PM »
I think Portugal is playing really pathetic to be honest. Against Denmark they were trying to lower the tempo of the game and defend their 2-1 lead throughout the entire 2nd half. Why do this against an opponent you're superiour to? Why not go agressive and kill the game early on instead? It's like Random should wait for SD in an elite where he is playing vs a semi-pro who's got all his worms skunked. You're basically asking for trouble... Portugal were lucky to get away with it this time, but I think they'll go out early of the tournament if this is their strategy in the next game(s).

Because they have one of the best defenses in the European cup. What they don't understand though, is that having the ball is the best defense.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Peja

« Reply #108 on: June 14, 2012, 12:26 PM »
i dont think it was that bad from portugal. they were really save in the defense, and had great counters. usually cr7 makes 2 goals and its a save win. so i wouldnt call it pathetic, especially against a team which has problems to make the game.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

« Reply #109 on: June 14, 2012, 10:22 PM »
http://www.bluesq.com/bet?action=go_event&ev_id=2884001&AFF_ID=2
rofl its 5000:1 if Nazarenko score 1st goal in match and Ukraine win 6-1
actually I should put 2$ for that, maybe ill win 10.000$ xD

Offline Hussar

« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2012, 06:00 PM »

Offline darKz

« Reply #111 on: June 16, 2012, 06:18 PM »
Czech 1-2 Poland
Greece 1-3 Russia

Hoping for great matches. :)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Hussar

« Reply #112 on: June 16, 2012, 08:51 PM »
Poland 0 - 1 Cech Rep
Greece 1 - 0 Russia

First time am not mad on Poland Team when we lost.
Was great match,in first half whole game was under our control,we had many situations to score a goal.
Well, maybe we had some less luck, or maybe our oponents had good defense, but all of our players was fighting for win totaly!!!!!!!!!

Am very happy then Greece won this match, they needed this qualify most of other.
They needed to be happy after all of this things with their country !!!!!!!!!!

Well Done Greece, am happy with u !!!!!!!! and i am happy for my National Team for his behavior !!!!!!!!!!!

and well done Cech Repoublik, was Great Match !!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline CJ

« Reply #113 on: June 16, 2012, 09:42 PM »
england have shocked me so far, 4 points without our best player and welbecks goal was a peach, anoyone who says different is a fool. the way he hit the ball, that was the only possible way he could have scored, so to do that is impressive, however on set pieces, we look vulnerable, but on the counter attack, we look good with oxlade-chamberlain and walcott.

I still fear for us when we play a Germany or Spain, as we'll get our arse handed to us, but until then, im happy they have exceeded my expectations.

Can only se potential winners as Spain or Germany, the Germans just have it programmed in their mindsets to at least reach the 1/4 finals each Euros or world cup, and they're a better side now than world cup 2010 so i expect them to be there or there abouts.

Dont discount Croatia though. potential dark horses, 4 points already and Slaven Bilic will want to go out on a high...
My hometown rugby team Warrington Wolves won the 2009 Carnegie Challenge Cup At Wembley and successfully defended the trophy by beating Leeds Rhinos 30-6 at Wembley on 28/08/10 and got the trophy back beating Leeds Rhinos 35-18 on 25/08/12... 3rd time in 4 years

« Reply #114 on: June 17, 2012, 02:50 PM »
Greece FTW! hehe

Offline darKz

« Reply #115 on: June 17, 2012, 10:00 PM »
So Germany is the only team which scores 9 points in the group stage, even being in the toughest group while Netherlands go home with a big fat 0. Thoughts?
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Anubis

« Reply #116 on: June 17, 2012, 10:13 PM »
Sad day for Netherlands, happy day for Germany. :D

Offline theredi

« Reply #117 on: June 17, 2012, 11:30 PM »
Thoughts?

i have totally no idea, i would say mega luck but they cant be lucky in every match i quess but i hate to look them playing, their football is so static and slow, and the balls the forwards get always look so lucky, 1-2 nice actions in match and still always win wtf?

maybe Holland scored 0 points but still i like to watch them more coz they play beatifull even if no luck to score when 100 actions on opponents gate

Offline HHC

« Reply #118 on: June 17, 2012, 11:47 PM »
So Germany is the only team which scores 9 points in the group stage, even being in the toughest group while Netherlands go home with a big fat 0. Thoughts?

I still would have liked to see them go through, but when I knew they were out I'm glad they lost this final match too. At least that can change shit. If we won today and still went out people would still accept this team's performance and move on.. but it's unacceptable.

Even with a horrible defence (it was really really horrible), the midfield and attack didn't do any better.

I'd like to see the Dutch coach kick out Robben. The guy is a total fail on the position he plays. He ALWAYS moves in and tries to shoot from 30m, rather than stay on the outside, drive for the line and give a good pass on the center.
Huntelaar is a great forward in the penalty area, but he never gets the chance to make a header or finish an assist, cause both Robben and Persie don't give him any from the sides... they only try to push through the center.. which hardly ever works.

And Robben seriously... the guy has an EGO the size of Paris. And apparently he shouted multiple times to the coach 'SHUT THE f@#! UP' when he was told to help in defence..
Beats me why he kept him on the pitch, GTFO.

And yeah there were 'troubles in the group', 'too many ego's' and all that.

Dunno where we go from here. Apart from the ego's we only have noobs.  :-X

I wish our players were more like the Germans. They play sooo disciplined and everybody knows his place and is commited to it.
What a difference with the characters that represent our country  :(

Guess it's a matter of mentality.. Germans always have had this. That's why they always get far in tourneys, even with teams that many consider mediocre (and the current one is far from!!).

Offline darKz

« Reply #119 on: June 18, 2012, 12:59 AM »
Agreed Bart, all of the Elftal wanted to shine so bad that they ignored the team aspect of football. Robben has always been a one trick pony, we make fun of him because he really can't do anything but go left with the ball and shoot (not even kick penalties). He may be a great player but his play is very one sided and egoistical. I can't count how many chances he wasted because he prefered to shoot rather than to pass the ball to Persie or Huntelaar. As you said, Netherlands have a great team on paper but they just don't work together.. Time for a coach change? But I guess no matter what coach, the ego personalities won't change. :P

And redi, it's not coincidence. You may not like the style (there's much worse though, Italy *cough*) but it's effective. They didn't play great for an entire game yet though, mostly 30-40 strong minutes scoring a goal or two, then pick up a slower pace.. I don't like that either. Spain totally dominated Ireland, we only won the 3 games by 1 goal difference each. Not the greatest presentation of power, but then again Spain didn't win vs Italy and they're still not through yet. Don't underestimate Croatia. :D
~ Dubc 2010