Forums
May 02, 2024, 03:59 AM

Author Topic: Team17 has announced Worms WMD  (Read 64185 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Team17 has announced Worms WMD
« Reply #270 on: June 01, 2016, 12:09 AM »
Nah skunk, I agree with you on some things but ropa is right when he says the physics of WA do indeed have more depth than other Worms titles.

I am not saying the other titles are wrong, they just seem too random at times, i've played most of them and I did enjoy them, but they are only enjoyable for a few weeks then they get boring because they lack the depth WA has.

This is what I am afraid will happen to WMD because it seems they aren't interested in the things we know for sure make the game better.

Offline sock

« Reply #271 on: June 01, 2016, 12:13 AM »
Nah skunk, I agree with you on some things but ropa is right when he says the physics of WA do indeed have more depth than other Worms titles.

I am not saying the other titles are wrong, they just seem too random at times, i've played most of them and I did enjoy them, but they are only enjoyable for a few weeks then they get boring because they lack the depth WA has.

This is what I am afraid will happen to WMD because it seems they aren't interested in the things we know for sure make the game better.

I like the idea of a new worms game, but is WMD the best title name?

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #272 on: June 01, 2016, 09:50 AM »
Komito, Aerox, you do realize that the most of W:A's depth come from countless glitches and physics weirdness? "add more depth into next Worms games" sounds much like "add more glitches" in this context
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 01, 2016, 10:51 AM »
I refuse to debate with anyone on this subject unless they are incredibly good at roping AND incredibly good at intermediate.

it's a big waste of time for all of us involved unless you meet those requirements

any shot in WA has many more outcomes than in any posterior Worms games not called WWP; depth. Learning curve. Gaming 101. If you wanna get a reply, get a gripe first.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline MrTPenguin

« Reply #274 on: June 01, 2016, 10:54 AM »
(I've been following this thread but never posted in it before.)

They said it would come out in "early 2016", but alas it hasn't, so now I'm Waiting for Mankind Divided instead.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #275 on: June 01, 2016, 11:26 AM »
They have probably payed attention to the community. Ergo WMD has been pushed back.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 01, 2016, 11:28 AM »
They have probably payed attention to the community. Ergo WMD has been pushed back.

why would you ever believe this, or what's worse, why would you ever say it?
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #277 on: June 01, 2016, 11:32 AM »

why would you ever believe this, or what's worse, why would you ever say it?

I try to keep an optimistic point of view :)
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #278 on: June 01, 2016, 11:35 AM »
I refuse to debate with anyone on this subject unless they are incredibly good at roping AND incredibly good at intermediate.
Aerox, proof us that you are incredibly good at roping AND incredibly good at intermediate/standart in both W:A and newer games, then we may listen to you.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 01, 2016, 12:09 PM »
who is we
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline philie

« Reply #280 on: June 01, 2016, 03:18 PM »
Aerox, proof us that you are incredibly good at roping AND incredibly good at intermediate/standart in both W:A and newer games, then we may listen to you.

http://worms2d.info/X-Worms/Contest_Chronology

roping-proof: done

Offline Anubis

« Reply #281 on: June 01, 2016, 03:58 PM »
Thanks for making me see my 2008 performance again, now I feel so bad. I wish I could time travel back. I am basically back at 2004 and getting worse. I hate getting older.

Offline sock

« Reply #282 on: June 01, 2016, 04:11 PM »
Thanks for making me see my 2008 performance again, now I feel so bad. I wish I could time travel back. I am basically back at 2004 and getting worse. I hate getting older.

I don't know if it is possible for me to watch your replays, you WARM GOD you.

Offline Jonno_Team17

« Reply #283 on: June 01, 2016, 04:41 PM »
I agree with Lex completely. Teasers are fine and all, but they are wasted on this group of players. Teasers are more for casuals and newbies to the series. What veterans want is solid information. No tricks, no marketing, no surprises. Team17 has a wealth of veteran players who they could recruit to beta test and provide critical feedback to ensure that any new Worms game is as good as it can possibly be... has ANYONE been selected to beta test? I haven't. I signed up on the Team17 website and I've also been essentially spamming the Steam forums for ages, and nothing. Jonno, I want you to post info, but I just want you to keep in mind what kind of crowd you're dealing with. Many of us are in our late twenties to mid thirties, if not older...

I understand that there are things that you simply aren't allowed to talk about. I get that. However, all I'm sayin' is that we already have a Worms game that we love, so in order for us to rally behind a new title, we need more transparency from Team17. I am excited for WMD, but I can totally understand why many others couldn't care less. The last few Worms titles have been kinda crap.. (compared to W:A)

If it's full transparency you want, you'll get that pretty soon. (Vague I know but when the floodgates open...)

Then i'll be able to answer the vast majority of your questions fully and collate informed feedback from yourselves.

Fun fact - you're the only people the Ninja Rope information was given too, by seeing if any of you made predictions on what you thought the expanded arsenal could be it'd give me a good idea on how you'd receive them. There's method to the madness - I also genuinely wanted to share it with you, as a nod to the Rope Pro community.
Community Manager at Team17

Offline Tomi

« Reply #284 on: June 01, 2016, 07:10 PM »
Just make sure rope working properly (fast enough ;)) and then you will have a strong base. I think it's 50% success already.. the other half of the success depends on you guys who try to promote the game. The most players who cant stop playing this game were addicted to rope, i would never play this game for years if i wouldn't find a host where some nlf guys were warming, playing trick race.. it was just awesome for a beginner to see that (find some movies on wormtube if you are interested and bored at workplace xd)