Forums
May 02, 2024, 05:51 PM

Author Topic: Team17 has announced Worms WMD  (Read 64303 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Team17 has announced Worms WMD
« Reply #225 on: May 23, 2016, 08:57 AM »
@Jonno - Question.

Will WMD be able to change resolutions during gameplay? Something i've always felt Worms lacks.

(Sorry if it's already been answered, this thread is HUGE now :D )

Offline Tomtysti

« Reply #226 on: May 23, 2016, 02:35 PM »
There's more than 1 type of Ninja Rope in Worms W.M.D.
Lemme guess, a rope and a bungee?
Or rather, a W:A rope and a W:Rel rope

We're talking Ninja Rope, not duping you with a bungee reference :)
Please bring the bungee pack! :) Everyone loves the bungee, it is a really cool alternative to rope/parachute and is easy to use but hard to master.

Two types of ninja rope sounds interesting, but I hope they differn enough from each other.

Offline StepS

« Reply #227 on: May 23, 2016, 05:55 PM »
Probably the sheep-on-a-rope, like when they mentioned on the stream that it'd have slightly increased weight.

Edit: according to responses from the latest stream, the landing animations are fixed!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 06:21 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline skunk3

« Reply #228 on: May 24, 2016, 10:21 PM »
My guess is that we will have a standard 'rope' and a 'ninja rope.' The standard rope will be like the rope from the 2.5D Worms titles... and the ninja rope will be the W:A-style rope that we all love.

Offline Jonno_Team17

« Reply #229 on: May 25, 2016, 08:28 AM »
My guess is that we will have a standard 'rope' and a 'ninja rope.' The standard rope will be like the rope from the 2.5D Worms titles... and the ninja rope will be the W:A-style rope that we all love.

Keep guessing ;)
Community Manager at Team17

Offline Lex

« Reply #230 on: May 25, 2016, 08:46 AM »
Please either release information or don't.  In my opinion, teasers are not helpful for the community.  I believe they are cheap marketing ploys.

A healthier alternative would be to explain the new rope system and ask for feedback from the community so Team17 can learn what is desirable.  Furthermore, a closed alpha or beta could be useful to gather information from skilled players surrounding what they like or don't.  I think there are several successful game companies which do this before releasing new games nowadays.  This also allows them to generate more interest via streaming.  Overwatch by Blizzard is a good example of a game which employed such a healthy strategy.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 09:49 AM by Lex »

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #231 on: May 26, 2016, 10:36 AM »
I think there are several successful game companies which do this before releasing new games nowadays.  This also allows them to generate more interest via streaming.  Overwatch by Blizzard is a good example of a game which employed such a healthy strategy.

SUPERHOT is another one that counts in this category.

2 rope types? 1 of them might be the "Ninja Rope", the other one you can't throw a weapon on it. OR it's the Batty Rope, but I doubt it.

Offline Jonno_Team17

« Reply #232 on: May 26, 2016, 12:45 PM »
Please either release information or don't.  In my opinion, teasers are not helpful for the community.  I believe they are cheap marketing ploys.

A healthier alternative would be to explain the new rope system and ask for feedback from the community so Team17 can learn what is desirable.  Furthermore, a closed alpha or beta could be useful to gather information from skilled players surrounding what they like or don't.  I think there are several successful game companies which do this before releasing new games nowadays.  This also allows them to generate more interest via streaming.  Overwatch by Blizzard is a good example of a game which employed such a healthy strategy.

Yes, a marketing ploy in a forum of existing Worms players who have been playing for over a decade  ;)

Well, if you feel that way about me sharing information with you that isn't anywhere else, like the Ninja Rope, I will revert to watching this forum from afar so as not to disturb the peace.

You know where to find me -> @WormsTeam17 :)
Community Manager at Team17

Offline nino

« Reply #233 on: May 26, 2016, 12:55 PM »

Yes, a marketing ploy in a forum of existing Worms players who have been playing for over a decade  ;)

Well, if you feel that way about me sharing information with you that isn't anywhere else, like the Ninja Rope, I will revert to watching this forum from afar so as not to disturb the peace.

You should just stay among us ae!

You are welcome porra!!!

Thanks for the infos and keep letting us know about the news!!!
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline philie

« Reply #234 on: May 26, 2016, 02:34 PM »

your irony does not make sense. those worms players you're talking about play a game that is all community driven for over a decade. a brand new game just can't keep up with that.
and that's also the reason why all recent worms titles did nothing else but disappoint the most of us.
i strongly doubt wmd will make any difference.
just my two cents.

I guess they finished visiting here then lol? Guess it's a new record at least.

pff haha

Offline Lex

« Reply #235 on: May 26, 2016, 05:37 PM »

Alright.  That's pretty immature and it's a gross misinterpretation of what I said, but it's your franchise to squander once again.

For the record, what "Ninja Rope" information?  I hope you didn't mean the teaser.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #236 on: May 27, 2016, 12:43 PM »
Lex scared him away.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #237 on: May 27, 2016, 03:02 PM »
I agree with Lex completely. Teasers are fine and all, but they are wasted on this group of players. Teasers are more for casuals and newbies to the series. What veterans want is solid information. No tricks, no marketing, no surprises. Team17 has a wealth of veteran players who they could recruit to beta test and provide critical feedback to ensure that any new Worms game is as good as it can possibly be... has ANYONE been selected to beta test? I haven't. I signed up on the Team17 website and I've also been essentially spamming the Steam forums for ages, and nothing. Jonno, I want you to post info, but I just want you to keep in mind what kind of crowd you're dealing with. Many of us are in our late twenties to mid thirties, if not older...

I understand that there are things that you simply aren't allowed to talk about. I get that. However, all I'm sayin' is that we already have a Worms game that we love, so in order for us to rally behind a new title, we need more transparency from Team17. I am excited for WMD, but I can totally understand why many others couldn't care less. The last few Worms titles have been kinda crap.. (compared to W:A)

Offline Lex

« Reply #238 on: May 27, 2016, 08:01 PM »
Lex scared him away.

Not really.  His response is quite disproportionate to what I said.  I'm pretty sure he just finds it funny to tease people and enjoys the power of being someone with secret information that people may want, so he made an immature dramatic gesture when he noticed that power wasn't working because there were people who weren't interested in playing his teaser game.  Team17 has a history of acting this way, though, so I'm not sure it's just Jonno.  I'm speculating here, but it may be part of the culture there at the office.

I know I'm sounding entitled, but I just mean to sound productive by pointing out what seem to have been proven to be better strategies.  Being a diverse gamer has given me the perspective to see many different strategies companies use to interact with their communities, and I believe this one is not very productive.  Jonno had no response to my suggestions.  I've had great experiences with other game company community managers in the past who have deliberated marketing and release strategy suggestions with community members.  These were great communicators such as Ghostcrawler from Blizzard and Bex from Grinding Gear Games.  Even Spadge from Team17 himself had his great moments.  His enthusiasm about letting Deadcode and CyberShadow work on Worms Armageddon improved the Worms community greatly.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 08:15 PM by Lex »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #239 on: May 27, 2016, 08:10 PM »
I don't think Mr Jonno meant any harm. We should be grateful that Team17 decided to come here and share and answer some of our questions.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB