Forums
April 28, 2024, 03:27 PM

Author Topic: Team17 has announced Worms WMD  (Read 63663 times)

Offline TheWalrus

Re: Team17 has announced Worms WMD
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2015, 09:26 PM »
Oh no!  worms WMD looks so good everyone going abandon WA :'(

Offline HHC

« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2015, 09:38 PM »
Well at least it ain't as shit as Walrus Armageddon

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2015, 09:45 PM »
Well at least it ain't as shit as Walrus Armageddon

At least the f@#!in walrusses can swim unlike the useless worms.

Also, there is no goofy ass fruit being thrown around, this is da real polar armageddon.

Walrus Armageddon:Worms with balls.

Offline theredi

« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2015, 09:49 PM »
For me these new worms games look like a cheap copy of w:a.. it's like t17 had a good team who made w:a, but they left the company and the new guys are bunch of noobs and trying to do something that the old ones did.. they have a better graphics engine but can't even make a close enough good game like w:a.. this one looks like hedgewars... but that game has logic, coz it is worms for linux.. but wtf... t17 releases every half year a worms which is the same as before... like let's release it and hope it will be better than before.. wtf man, don't you test these games before releasing? to see that it is still the same shit..

IMHO they just make this games for people who never played wa or dont play wa anymore. There are never more than 90 ppl on wnet. How big is our community with really active players? 500? Thats almost nothing for the economics. They dont care what we think because i think we will just never abandon wa, because how u want to make better game really? If we still play after 16 years then it means it is just perfect already. They aim for milions of other people. Its just how it is that newer doesnt mean better. Just like for me 3 first parts of Heroes are epic and the best and new are shitty. Even Diablo 3 sux ass for me. Its too much different than Diablo 2 which i loved and used to. Thats why im afraid that Warcraft 4 will sux, i love 3rd part and still play it. These are games i spend most time of my gaming life: wa and wc3. Tx to the online gaming obviously.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2015, 10:18 PM »
What Red said, it makes a lot of sense. Time changes and everything needs to appeal to a new set of audience. A lot of us doesn't appreciate the work Team17 have made over the years but we can't really blame them though. We should commend them for acknowledging Wormers for all the Worms games out there, they have Implemented our feedback, the things we love in their previous Worms games to latest addition. Sure it isn't perfection but it is good enough.

I don't think the faithful players of Worms Armageddon will abandon their beloved sanctum for a new Worms game, but I believe some may actually acquire the game and try it.- Without a doubt I am one of those that will try this WMD.

What makes WA special is our nostalgic ties to it, and we make it bigger than a video game that has millions of active users.  Although, as stated by Redi, it is all about the numbers, and we aren't big enough to make any significant change- All we can do is appreciate the coming update for WA, it will surely add to the longevity of Worms Armageddon.

Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Husk

« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2015, 10:47 PM »
k but that allison road looks good.... it's pretty much a second try on the alrdy cancelled Silent Hill (P.T.) for PS4

Offline HHC

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2016, 01:46 AM »
I must say the level design is really stunning  8)

Only few weapons in the weap box tho :( Don't think it's gonna satisfy WA, it's more pick up and play concept again.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2016, 07:40 AM »
The worms looks... odd.

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2016, 12:35 AM »
The worms looks... odd.
Well, just be glad it's not just Worms World Party Remastered again!
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline Tomtysti

« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2016, 03:12 PM »
WMD's Steam community page is now finally open: http://steamcommunity.com/app/327030/discussions/

A new clip:

Offline Tomtysti

« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2016, 07:43 PM »
They just streamed WMD for an hour, here's the footage:

https://www.twitch.tv/team17ltd/v/55798319

Seems to be easily the best thing they've done since WWP.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2016, 11:56 PM »
At around 28 and 47 minutes you can see some roping, it seems a LOT better than usual and reminiscent to WA/WWP/W2 style. You can see momentum and "logical" movement of the rope. I guess I will pick it up and play if you can create roper/warmer maps and hopefully RR as well.

Offline Tomtysti

« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2016, 05:28 PM »
Another new clip:

Offline skunk3

« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2016, 03:10 PM »
I have been in direct communication with Team17 staff for quite some time now. Allow me to drop some facts about W.M.D. that might change some peoples' minds about the game:

1. The are seriously listening to the community this time around in terms of features and gameplay ideas. I know this to be 100% true from personal experience.

2. The WMD ninja rope is supposed to be identical to the W:A rope. I've seen plenty of gameplay footage, and based upon what I've seen, it looks the same to my eyes. (Keep in mind that most videos showing gameplay footage feature players using a controller.

3. For the first time since WWP, worms will be able to occupy the same space as another worm. Rope knocking is also confirmed to work properly.

4. The game is going to be cross-play compatible with basically every system. PC, Mac, Xbox One, PS4. Of course the PC players are going to have a huge advantage over the
console players, but this is great news because unlike with the past few Worms titles, the community will not be divided.

5. They are back to 6 teams with a max of 8 worms per, per match. Every game since Reloaded has had a max of 4 teams.

6. The item and weapon count for the game is supposed to be over 80, which is the biggest number yet. The weapons screens we have seen thus far are incomplete.

7. A lot of features and new weapons haven't even been announced yet.

8. The game will feature official Team17 events and whatnot.

9. The game will only launch with 6 themes, but each of the themes is hand-drawn and feature modular 'pieces' of map, and when the map generator generates a map, it is capable of making beautiful random maps that look like they're hand-made. Also, the game *will* be supporting custom map importing. :) No word yet on maximum map dimensions, but they have listened to us and are providing that feature.

10. It is a possibility that they will allow players to add bot teams for online multiplayer.

11. F-keys will be fully customizable.

12. Teams are no longer tied to profiles.

13. Only one player per computer/system for online matches... which I don't see as a huge issue anyway since most people who add 2 teams are lying anyway.

14. 60 FPS animations.

15. Vehicles, of course. In addition to the tank and helicopter there are others that haven't been revealed yet. Vehicles can be hijacked, and if you get caught in one when it takes enough damage to blow up, it does massive damage.

16. Buildings. You can only see inside of a building if your active worm is inside of the building. This will allow for some sneaky new game play.

17. Mounted weapons. On the terrain there will be mounted weapons that you can use like machine guns, sniper rifles, etc.

I don't want to get overly excited, but this could be the Worms game we've been waiting for. All of the gameplay footage thus far is beta and Team17 is actively listening to the community. They have stated that they made WMD specifically because most worms players say that W:A is the best of the series. I'm going to buy it regardless of whether the rope is 100% identical. All of the Worms games are good in their own way, and I've found that if you don't like one at first, it WILL grow on you.

I personally hope that WMD is the bomb and that lots of W:A players migrate over. We need more old schoolers to play the newer games because I f@#!ing dominate and I need competition. :)

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2016, 03:38 PM »
I have been in direct communication with Team17 staff for quite some time now. Allow me to drop some facts about W.M.D. that might change some peoples' minds about the game:

1. The are seriously listening to the community this time around in terms of features and gameplay ideas. I know this to be 100% true from personal experience.

2. The WMD ninja rope is supposed to be identical to the W:A rope. I've seen plenty of gameplay footage, and based upon what I've seen, it looks the same to my eyes. (Keep in mind that most videos showing gameplay footage feature players using a controller.

3. For the first time since WWP, worms will be able to occupy the same space as another worm. Rope knocking is also confirmed to work properly.

4. The game is going to be cross-play compatible with basically every system. PC, Mac, Xbox One, PS4. Of course the PC players are going to have a huge advantage over the
console players, but this is great news because unlike with the past few Worms titles, the community will not be divided.

5. They are back to 6 teams with a max of 8 worms per, per match. Every game since Reloaded has had a max of 4 teams.

6. The item and weapon count for the game is supposed to be over 80, which is the biggest number yet. The weapons screens we have seen thus far are incomplete.

7. A lot of features and new weapons haven't even been announced yet.

8. The game will feature official Team17 events and whatnot.

9. The game will only launch with 6 themes, but each of the themes is hand-drawn and feature modular 'pieces' of map, and when the map generator generates a map, it is capable of making beautiful random maps that look like they're hand-made. Also, the game *will* be supporting custom map importing. :) No word yet on maximum map dimensions, but they have listened to us and are providing that feature.

10. It is a possibility that they will allow players to add bot teams for online multiplayer.

11. F-keys will be fully customizable.

12. Teams are no longer tied to profiles.

13. Only one player per computer/system for online matches... which I don't see as a huge issue anyway since most people who add 2 teams are lying anyway.

14. 60 FPS animations.

15. Vehicles, of course. In addition to the tank and helicopter there are others that haven't been revealed yet. Vehicles can be hijacked, and if you get caught in one when it takes enough damage to blow up, it does massive damage.

16. Buildings. You can only see inside of a building if your active worm is inside of the building. This will allow for some sneaky new game play.

17. Mounted weapons. On the terrain there will be mounted weapons that you can use like machine guns, sniper rifles, etc.

I don't want to get overly excited, but this could be the Worms game we've been waiting for. All of the gameplay footage thus far is beta and Team17 is actively listening to the community. They have stated that they made WMD specifically because most worms players say that W:A is the best of the series. I'm going to buy it regardless of whether the rope is 100% identical. All of the Worms games are good in their own way, and I've found that if you don't like one at first, it WILL grow on you.

I personally hope that WMD is the bomb and that lots of W:A players migrate over. We need more old schoolers to play the newer games because I f@#!ing dominate and I need competition. :)
All the new bullshit is stupid gimmicks like vehicles, they looked terrible during stream, building look okay i guess, mounted guns are nay as well.  Other than that looks good.  Oh and:

I have been in direct communication with Team17 staff for quite some time now.
Sorry about that