Forums
May 02, 2024, 09:07 PM

Author Topic: Team17 has announced Worms WMD  (Read 64365 times)

Offline WTF-8

Re: Team17 has announced Worms WMD
« Reply #300 on: June 03, 2016, 08:16 AM »
How about an optional switch between newer titles' realistic bounces and W:A's illogical bounces, if so many people got used to them? Like the MIN/MAX bounce thing on grenades.

@Lex
Spoiler! View
It's extremely immature to comment on something you didn't even bother to look at. Nobody is complaining about post lenght; it's about a person making 2-3 (or even more) posts in a row while he could just edit his previous post.
Imagine this: I look at number of posts in a topic and see it increased by 4 since last time I checked it. I expect those posts to be a part of a discussion, and decide to look at them. Then I find out that all those posts are made by the same person, and each post is consistent of a large quote and a "plus 1" phrase. Do you get this feeling?
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 03, 2016, 08:50 AM »
so we're calling new worm titles physics realistic now?

You guys and your vocabulary. Realistic doesn't mean real life like, since when do grenades bounce like footballs or donkeys fall from the sky? Realistic clearly means consistent. There is no consitency in newer worm titles, because there is no physics simulation, just shortcuts. In WA, you can use an explosive weapon like a grenade to get an enemy worm to any place in the map depending how you use/drop the weapon, including onwards and slightly to a side. You could even make him fall on a pixel if you so desired to. There are more angles, there are many more possible outcomes for any given shot.

The shortcuts used in physics of WMD are crystal clear from all the videos. Worms do bounce off vertical walls, that's all, but their speed is irrelevant, the moment they touch the ground they slide for 1 second and stop, it doesn't matter the angle they come flying from or at what velocity they do, it's not consistent, it's not deep, there's no gravity, no weight, no friction. Movement of worms, tanks and such, it's Gunbound like, as if slopes didn't matter.

Compare a game of intermediate in WA to anything similar in newer worm games, it's like comparing chess to checkers, like f@#!ing literally.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 08:53 AM by Aerox »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Jonno_Team17

« Reply #302 on: June 03, 2016, 09:10 AM »

You guys and your vocabulary. Realistic doesn't mean real life like, since when do grenades bounce like footballs or donkeys fall from the sky? Realistic clearly means consistent. There is no consitency in newer worm titles, because there is no physics simulation, just shortcuts. In WA, you can use an explosive weapon like a grenade to get an enemy worm to any place in the map depending how you use/drop the weapon, including onwards and slightly to a side. You could even make him fall on a pixel if you so desired to. There are more angles, there are many more possible outcomes for any given shot.

The shortcuts used in physics of WMD are crystal clear from all the videos. Worms do bounce off vertical walls, that's all, but their speed is irrelevant, the moment they touch the ground they slide for 1 second and stop, it doesn't matter the angle they come flying from or at what velocity they do, it's not consistent, it's not deep, there's no gravity, no weight, no friction. Movement of worms, tanks and such, it's Gunbound like, as if slopes didn't matter.

Compare a game of intermediate in WA to anything similar in newer worm games, it's like comparing chess to checkers, like f@#!ing literally.

Re: "Physics shortcuts"

=2m8s

Force, motion & terrain angle all taken into effect.
Community Manager at Team17

Offline ANO

« Reply #303 on: June 03, 2016, 09:14 AM »
Jonno, do you have some video to see how rope is?

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 03, 2016, 09:26 AM »

=2m8s

I took a close look at that video, specially the girder slide from the first shot, and a later shot where one worm pushes (piles) another. Happy to announce things might be not like I think they are
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Jonno_Team17

« Reply #305 on: June 03, 2016, 09:31 AM »

=2m8s

I took a close look at that video, specially the girder slide from the first shot, and a later shot where one worm pushes (piles) another. Happy to announce things might be not like I think they are

Thanks for checking the video out and having a look. That video was from an actual match we had with the developers, unlike the 'staged' scenarios used when showing off new weapons etc.

Jonno, do you have some video to see how rope is?

There's snippets here and there, however I'll hold off a Rope Showcase video until all of the ropes have been revealed. Then you'll get to see them all in action :)
Community Manager at Team17

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #306 on: June 03, 2016, 09:50 AM »
Awesome, it looks like they took some of our advice so far  :-*

I saw the slide you were talking about down the girder, looks promising :D

Great stuff Jonno(And T17), keep it up!

I guess the finished product will be better but still looks a lot more fun than the previous new titles :)

Offline ANO

« Reply #307 on: June 03, 2016, 09:53 AM »
so there will be different types of rope... That's curious! Hope there is also something like what we have now. I guess for some schemes having a different kind of rope could be interesting. 

Online Peja

« Reply #308 on: June 03, 2016, 09:59 AM »

I guess the finished product will be better but still looks a lot more fun than the previous new titles :)

i am pretty sure reading this forum had 0 influence on the physics of the title  :D
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #309 on: June 03, 2016, 10:37 AM »

=2m8s

Anyone else notice the sheep on the rope at 1:50?

Offline Kradie

« Reply #310 on: June 03, 2016, 10:41 AM »
so there will be different types of rope... That's curious! Hope there is also something like what we have now. I guess for some schemes having a different kind of rope could be interesting.

Super Rope, from Worms World Party :P

i am pretty sure reading this forum had 0 influence on the physics of the title  :D

Don't be so sure of it yet.

My guess is that Team17 has reviewed what made WA so great and taken it into account.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline ANO

« Reply #311 on: June 03, 2016, 10:46 AM »
Honestly (until today) I hand't read this thread as I am sure we have only collected delusions after W:A.. Then when I saw the title I thought it was just another bullshit and I didn0t give any chance to it, not even for trolling auhuah

But I think these guys realized the failure of the last worms editions and how damn good W:A was and still is, and they are taking the time to talk with us, to understand what the community needs/wants, and this just because here there is the secret of an eternal game. The potential is very high.

Imagine in few years, t17 will start projecting and building keyboards auhauh hiring Anubis as engineer  :D

Offline Sensei

« Reply #312 on: June 03, 2016, 10:54 AM »
2:04, if rope physics are so good, do you really think they would cut it after 2 sec? This story reminds me of Swiss cheese. Good luck to those who'll purchase the game.

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #313 on: June 03, 2016, 11:00 AM »
2:04, if rope physics are so good, do you really think they would cut it after 2 sec? This story reminds me of Swiss cheese. Good luck to those who'll purchase the game.
It will be cheap so why not give it a go. Even if it sucks Ill just tell everyone to buy W:A and see if we can get some new players haha.

As long as the rope has potential ill try stick with it.

Offline ANO

« Reply #314 on: June 03, 2016, 11:00 AM »

Jonno said:
There's snippets here and there, however I'll hold off a Rope Showcase video until all of the ropes have been revealed. Then you'll get to see them all in action :)

and give them a shot.. maybe they are holding the release because they saw already our complaints auhuah