Forums
May 02, 2024, 07:45 PM

Author Topic: Team17 has announced Worms WMD  (Read 64335 times)

Offline Kradie

Re: Team17 has announced Worms WMD
« Reply #480 on: June 22, 2016, 07:52 AM »
WHY DOES THE TANK JUMP

For Time Trial Tank Race (TTTR)  (@) Kradie.

if u host a cup I'll join

Hah, deal XD
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Jonno_Team17

« Reply #481 on: June 22, 2016, 08:29 AM »
WHY DOES THE TANK JUMP

Because it's just a re-skinned bazooka that protects your worm from damage or whatever

Yeah, I remember the bazooka shooting 6 times a turn with adjusting aim too. Good times! ;)

To the tank racing crew, you've got my attention! Combine that with the image importer and I think you're onto something.
Community Manager at Team17

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 22, 2016, 10:29 AM »

Yeah, I remember the bazooka shooting 6 times a turn with adjusting aim too. Good times! ;)

Me too, back in year 2000. One of the most popular Fiddler features.

edit: in fact, so popular, it made it to wormpot in Team17's very own DLC sold as a full priced stand alone game, WWPEP.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 11:46 AM by Aerox »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Husk

« Reply #483 on: June 23, 2016, 01:04 PM »
Jonno it's painful to see how lacking ur experience is about worms

remember, u r talking with players who have played w2, wa and wwp for thousands of hours online

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 23, 2016, 01:27 PM »
The biggest slap in the fact in these 20 years of worms is that we are yet to see a weapon editor

MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Jonno_Team17

« Reply #485 on: June 23, 2016, 02:01 PM »
Gentle reminder:

I'll be streaming 30 minutes of Worms W.M.D at 6:30pm BST tonight over at www.twitch.tv/team17ltd

This will be on the build I took to E3, but on the PC build instead of XB1. (I will still be playing on controller as that's my preferred method)

The first 5 minutes will be dedicated to the Ninja Rope - during which I'll be swinging about. If you want a 'rope video' this will be your chance, I may even take trick requests!

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #486 on: June 23, 2016, 02:03 PM »
Gentle reminder:

I'll be streaming 30 minutes of Worms W.M.D at 6:30pm BST tonight over at www.twitch.tv/team17ltd

This will be on the build I took to E3, but on the PC build instead of XB1. (I will still be playing on controller as that's my preferred method)

The first 5 minutes will be dedicated to the Ninja Rope - during which I'll be swinging about. If you want a 'rope video' this will be your chance, I may even take trick requests!
ninja rope fan service ftw, looking forward to seeing it in action

Offline Jonno_Team17

« Reply #487 on: June 23, 2016, 02:40 PM »
Gentle reminder:

ninja rope fan service ftw, looking forward to seeing it in action

Looking forward to showing the 3 ropes off. Just remember I'm not at the level of the Rope Racers - that is a whole new league lol!

Offline Anubis

« Reply #488 on: June 23, 2016, 03:15 PM »
You never will be if you don't start using the keyboard. ;D

Offline Jonno_Team17

« Reply #489 on: June 23, 2016, 04:10 PM »
You never will be if you don't start using the keyboard. ;D

Haha quite true.

I'll swap back over to it when the game launches. I'll be playing on console at home & PC at work so getting a good mix in.

Offline ANO

« Reply #490 on: June 23, 2016, 06:56 PM »
Many thanks Jonno for the streaming!!!

Regarding our shoutbox... well, you know, we like being polemic in w:a. uaahauh

It would be very interesting to see how the rope looks like in an appropriate map with an appropriate roper guy. It would be easier for us to give you more relevant feedbacks.
Is there any possibility you can invite some of our English ropers who might live close to you for a short streaming session? that would be funny.

Code: [Select]
[Today at 05:33 PM] Italy ANO: I think they are showing the rope now https://www.twitch.tv/team17ltd
[Today at 05:38 PM] Netherlands HHC: equally shitty as reloaded ones xD
[Today at 05:39 PM] Netherlands HHC: seems a delay in attach as well
[Today at 05:39 PM] Spain Aerox: yep
[Today at 05:39 PM] Spain Aerox: "we copied the code guys"
[Today at 05:40 PM] Spain Aerox: reminds me when they said they built WWP from scratch and it just turned out to be a WA clone
[Today at 05:41 PM] Netherlands HHC: WA is copied from W2, wasnt a prob then. It is now though cause prev code sucks :)
[Today at 05:43 PM] Spain Aerox: "this is armageddon"
[Today at 05:43 PM] Italy ANO: the rope he is using now looks like an elastic
[Today at 05:43 PM] Italy ANO: it s not what we wanted jooonno
[Today at 05:44 PM] Italy ANO: btw, it's hard to judge... Jon sucks as hell
[Today at 05:44 PM] Spain Aerox: yeah, if he doesn't even shadow, we don't know how the direction shooting works
[Today at 05:45 PM] Italy ANO: they should invite some English guy over there ... Komo would be delighted to go uahuah
[Today at 05:45 PM] Italy ANO: Sheep rope? oO uahuah
[Today at 05:46 PM] Spain Aerox: the maps are really shit
[Today at 05:46 PM] Spain Aerox: for anything other than look at them
[Today at 05:46 PM] Spain Aerox: and yeah the tank is just a reskinned worm
[Today at 05:47 PM] Italy ANO: when can we buy this game?
[Today at 05:47 PM] Italy ANO: ah ok.. he s saying it now... BOH
[Today at 05:47 PM] Italy ANO: when we stop complaining probably
[Today at 05:48 PM] Russian Federation WTF-8: most of W:A's default maps are shit as well, but I don't think anyone cares
[Today at 05:48 PM] Italy ANO: ye... we will probably import armageddon BIT map to pNG... xD
[Today at 05:50 PM] Spain Aerox: "we wanna make this the main worms game and support it for years kinda like we did with armageddon"
[Today at 05:50 PM] Spain Aerox: a game they stopped supporting the first year of release XD
[Today at 05:50 PM] Italy ANO: rofl
[Today at 05:51 PM] Russian Federation pr:
[Today at 05:51 PM] United States TheWalrus: rope looks good
[Today at 05:52 PM] United States TheWalrus: looks like a clean clone of WA rope
[Today at 05:52 PM] Italy ANO: not completely
[Today at 05:52 PM] United States TheWalrus: the worms roping animation looks ridiculous though
[Today at 05:52 PM] Italy ANO: one looks like an elastic
[Today at 05:52 PM] Italy ANO: and the other, the noob one, seems to have potential, but with Jonno roping we can t understand
[Today at 05:52 PM] Spain Aerox: thing is
[Today at 05:52 PM] United States TheWalrus: the vehicles are asinine though, looks like shit
[Today at 05:53 PM] Spain Aerox: you shouldn't expect anything from the guys that called the best rope the "newbie rope"
[Today at 05:53 PM] Italy ANO: auhauh
[Today at 05:53 PM] Spain Aerox: and now in retrospect they're saying they named the best rope that ironically
[Today at 05:54 PM] Spain Aerox: it basically means there's two rope weapons there no one is going to use
[Today at 05:55 PM] Italy ANO: torch and mine look the same than in wa
[Today at 05:55 PM] Italy ANO: I m not convinced about the zooka.. it seems shit
[Today at 05:58 PM] Spain Aerox: "what we really wanted to show you was the ninja rope"
[Today at 05:58 PM] Spain Aerox: spends 30 minutes throwing airstrikes to each other
[Today at 06:04 PM] United States TheWalrus: ahaha one of the noobs on the stream challenged me to a game of worms reloaded
[Today at 06:05 PM] United Kingdom spleen17: Dont know why everyone was so hyped about this game to be honest
[Today at 06:08 PM] United States TheWalrus: its the best worms game since WWP already, that much is clear
[Today at 06:08 PM] United States TheWalrus: hence the hype
[Today at 06:08 PM] Ukraine Xrayez: being able to import png maps and make unique schemes gives some hope
[Today at 06:20 PM] Italy ANO: I ll give a chance, maybe it will bring more people to play... lots of noobs uahuah Asbest will be 1st again
[Today at 06:57 PM]
 Aerox: it already happened
[Today at 06:55 PM]
 Y2JID: were
 Aerox: which surprisingly doesn't look like a total disaster... yet.
 Aerox: team17 was streaming worms wmd
xD
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 06:58 PM by ANO »

Offline philie

« Reply #491 on: June 24, 2016, 01:14 AM »

ok, n1
now it's worms armageddons turn

Offline Ryan

« Reply #492 on: June 24, 2016, 06:57 AM »
If you need any help with ninja rope testing I am literally 2 hours away.

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #493 on: June 24, 2016, 07:00 AM »
Anyone else found the way the worm was spinning a bit weird? Seemed to be spinning around the weapon
 as apposed to spinning around the centre of the worm.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #494 on: June 24, 2016, 07:00 AM »
Nice, I like the Rope!

Not sure if it's as good as WA Rope but looks good enough to build some schemes around and actually do basic moves like shadow/extend/spike, not bothered about precision moves like kicks/pumps as those are mainly glam anyway which was so 15 years ago...

@Jonno:

Sorry if this has already been answered but the thread is massive now don't want to spend all morning looking for this.

About roping in W.M.D, the maps look really 3D with bright backgrounds which personally speaking puts me off roping, will we be able to use 2D maps similar to WA? And will we be able to turn the background off so it's pure black like WA?

This is very important as I always play with no background.

Now if they could just add the drill, i'd be very happy :)