Forums
May 02, 2024, 08:43 PM

Author Topic: Team17 has announced Worms WMD  (Read 64352 times)

Offline Jonno_Team17

Re: Team17 has announced Worms WMD
« Reply #495 on: June 24, 2016, 08:32 AM »
Nice, I like the Rope!

Not sure if it's as good as WA Rope but looks good enough to build some schemes around and actually do basic moves like shadow/extend/spike, not bothered about precision moves like kicks/pumps as those are mainly glam anyway which was so 15 years ago...

@Jonno:

Sorry if this has already been answered but the thread is massive now don't want to spend all morning looking for this.

About roping in W.M.D, the maps look really 3D with bright backgrounds which personally speaking puts me off roping, will we be able to use 2D maps similar to WA? And will we be able to turn the background off so it's pure black like WA?

This is very important as I always play with no background.

Now if they could just add the drill, i'd be very happy :)

No worries.

We're planning on launching W.M.D on PC with an IMG importer ala W:A

I'll have to do some digging about the ability to turn the background on/off.
Community Manager at Team17

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #496 on: June 24, 2016, 08:51 AM »
Thanks for swift reply, I like the 3D terrain, just some things are better in 2D :)

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #497 on: June 24, 2016, 09:31 AM »
If you need any help with ninja rope testing I am literally 2 hours away.
How convenient, the world's best roperacer, just a few hours away from team17 HQ, willing to come in and fix any and all ninja rope issues. 

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #498 on: June 24, 2016, 09:49 AM »
How convenient, the world's best roperacer, just a few hours away from team17 HQ, willing to come in and fix any and all ninja rope issues.

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #499 on: June 24, 2016, 10:07 AM »
That would just be the best thing ever!!

Offline Jonno_Team17

« Reply #500 on: June 24, 2016, 11:01 AM »
That would just be the best thing ever!!

At this point in the game's development the weapons aren't in a position to be 'tested'. Particularly the Ninja Rope which, if changed, wouldn't just require a few tweaks to damage values like other weapons.

By the time I joined it was too late in the game's development cycle to invite in community veterans to "test things" based upon their personal preference. At this point it would just be the person saying "Yes I like it" or "No I don't". The W.M.D Ninja Ropes are full of utility, uses and tricks that the best players will learn and subsequently stand out from the crowd. Yet the weapon will still be highly accessible for the new/standard player.

Ultimately I remind you once again that we are not making Worms Armageddon remastered. We are making what we feel to be the spiritual successor to Worms Armageddon - that game is Worms W.M.D

We're going to be supporting Worms W.M.D post launch and showing it plenty of love. That means it's community too.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #501 on: June 24, 2016, 11:27 AM »
@Jonno:

A while back you said there would possibly be a chance drill would be added later, realistically, how much of a chance would that be?

Also, regarding weapons/utilities, apologies again if this has already been answered, will be be able to edit the power/turn delay/drop % for everything?

Cheers, and yeah when you find out about backgrounds on/off let me know(roping with background on really does hurt my eyes), these 3 things will more than likely be the difference between me playing a lot, and playing casually.

P.S. - Where is Team17 HQ? I'm going down to Leeds next week to visit M3ntal.

Offline Jonno_Team17

« Reply #502 on: June 24, 2016, 11:56 AM »
@Jonno:

A while back you said there would possibly be a chance drill would be added later, realistically, how much of a chance would that be?

Also, regarding weapons/utilities, apologies again if this has already been answered, will be be able to edit the power/turn delay/drop % for everything?

Cheers, and yeah when you find out about backgrounds on/off let me know(roping with background on really does hurt my eyes), these 3 things will more than likely be the difference between me playing a lot, and playing casually.

P.S. - Where is Team17 HQ? I'm going down to Leeds next week to visit M3ntal.

The chance on the Drill returning in dependent on whether it's absence from the game has a noticeable impact on the game. The Blowtorch has been improved to reflect the removal of the drill.

The current options in the game based upon what you've listed: Turn Delay & Weapon Crate drop chance.

The developers are based in Wakefield.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 24, 2016, 12:31 PM »
Hello Jonno, about the drill...
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #504 on: June 24, 2016, 01:17 PM »
The chance on the Drill returning in dependent on whether it's absence from the game has a noticeable impact on the game. The Blowtorch has been improved to reflect the removal of the drill.

The current options in the game based upon what you've listed: Turn Delay & Weapon Crate drop chance.

Hmm, guess that means pretty much no chance then, I guess people will miss it but won't let it bother them as much as it does me :/

So only turn delay and weapon crate, we can't change the power of the weapons/utilities, that's a massive letdown, it's one of the most interesting things in the game  :'(

Offline Kradie

« Reply #505 on: June 24, 2016, 01:23 PM »
Yes it pretty much sucks. I remember the advanced weapon / game option Worms 2 had. You could literally adjust the weapon power value.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #506 on: June 24, 2016, 04:15 PM »
Yes it pretty much sucks. I remember the advanced weapon / game option Worms 2 had. You could literally adjust the weapon power value.

Yea, that really sucks. Too bad I can't have a pistol that shoots 1 single round with 1-pixel radius, that would be so powerful for Map Making.

Also, you might check out Worms Unlimited, it's a hypothetical sequel to the 2nd generation. https://worms2d.info/Worms_Unlimited

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #507 on: June 24, 2016, 04:34 PM »
Worms Unlimited is just a wet dream of W:A remastered
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #508 on: June 24, 2016, 05:19 PM »
Worms Unlimited is just a wet dream of W:A remastered

It pretty much is, but it can be some sort of a reference for someone.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #509 on: June 24, 2016, 06:47 PM »

Yes, i made a "Sniper Rifle" with it, TINY crater but HUGE damage, one would have to really snipe to use it.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 03:54 AM by XanKriegor »