Forums
May 02, 2024, 08:43 PM

Author Topic: Team17 has announced Worms WMD  (Read 64351 times)

Offline Jonno_Team17

Re: Team17 has announced Worms WMD
« Reply #600 on: July 12, 2016, 09:49 AM »
I would have invited people from these boards to test the game, however I joined Team17 too late into the game's cycle to be able to do that and it have meaningful impact. What I will be doing is hanging about here post launch to get your feedback once you've played the game.

Question: Why did Team17 wait until the game was "locked in" to come and ask the hardcore community what was most important to them?

Online games do not survive long-term without hardcore players. This is plainly obvious. So to be blunt, unless your company is either constrained by legal agreements, desperate for innovation at the cost of depth, incompetent, or just out for a quick buck, I see no reason why they had to wait until the last minute to get in touch with such a key demographic.

Because I wasn't here until things were locked in for launch.

Post launch things gain a degree of flexibility again.

Remember, everyone has a different opinion on what is right/wrong - no one's opinion is absolute.
Community Manager at Team17

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #601 on: July 12, 2016, 10:04 AM »

I didn't ask why you didn't, I asked why your company didn't.

You've personally done a good job with the cards you've been dealt.

Offline Jonno_Team17

« Reply #602 on: July 12, 2016, 10:08 AM »

I didn't ask why you didn't, I asked why your company didn't.

You've personally done a good job with the cards you've been dealt.

Thanks, I appreciate the comment.

Honestly I don't know, but I imagine that it's why I'm now here haha. I know the senior developers wanted to bring you guys/gals in but they physically didn't have the availability too, they have been doing crazy hours for quite the crunch period.

What we can do though is work together and talk post launch to continue to craft and mold the game into something truly special.

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #603 on: July 12, 2016, 10:35 AM »
Thanks, I appreciate the comment.

Honestly I don't know, but I imagine that it's why I'm now here haha. I know the senior developers wanted to bring you guys/gals in but they physically didn't have the availability too, they have been doing crazy hours for quite the crunch period.

What we can do though is work together and talk post launch to continue to craft and mold the game into something truly special.

Good answer, IMO. ^_^

P.S. Yay, Full Member status! (Even though I've never played a single league match... :P)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 10:37 AM by The Extremist »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #604 on: July 12, 2016, 11:46 AM »
Yeah I like it, when you're ready we'd happily pop it on the Stream as like an intro before we start - with full credit to you of course!

Ok, i've sent you a pm with the link :)

Offline Jonno_Team17

« Reply #605 on: July 12, 2016, 03:36 PM »
Yeah I like it, when you're ready we'd happily pop it on the Stream as like an intro before we start - with full credit to you of course!

Ok, i've sent you a pm with the link :)

Cheers!

Offline Triad

« Reply #606 on: July 13, 2016, 01:40 PM »
Hey Jonno.

Could you ask developers why Turkish price for WMD is high? It's 64.99 Lira. For example Witcher 3 base price is 74.99, which is a 50$ game. I am not trying to sound cheap or something, but general salary is not high here when converted to dollar. Because of that Steam usually recommended pricing is 1$= ~1,5 Lira, which also the Turkish pricing used in every other Worms game before. Based on that, WMD Turkish pricing should be 49 Lira. Otherwise you might have some hard time selling it to Turkish audience, including me.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #607 on: July 13, 2016, 02:00 PM »

Wow, pretty gimmicky video, the cross merchandising is alive and well.  I was preordering regardless, the rocket league car looks quite crap imo.  Physics look a bit whacked, but im in for the payday masks, those look great.  Fun tie-ins, was hoping for a bit more meaty gameplay then a mask showcase, but ill live with it.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 02:01 PM by TheWalrus »

Offline nino

« Reply #608 on: July 13, 2016, 02:05 PM »
Hey Jonno.

Could you ask developers why Turkish price for WMD is high? It's 64.99 Lira. For example Witcher 3 base price is 74.99, which is a 50$ game. I am not trying to sound cheap or something, but general salary is not high here when converted to dollar. Because of that Steam usually recommended pricing is 1$= ~1,5 Lira, which also the Turkish pricing used in every other Worms game before. Based on that, WMD Turkish pricing should be 49 Lira. Otherwise you might have some hard time selling it to Turkish audience, including me.

This must be cos of the TAX puto.

Here in ShitBrazil happens the same.

You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Triad

Re: Team17 has annnounced Worms WMD
« Reply #609 on: July 13, 2016, 08:52 PM »
Nah, not tax. Here's some other famous titles I own which uses 30$=49Lira

Alan Wake: https://steamdb.info/app/108710/
Bioshock Infinite: https://steamdb.info/app/8870/
GRID 2: https://steamdb.info/app/44350/
NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM Revolution: https://steamdb.info/app/272510/
Sniper Elite V2: https://steamdb.info/app/63380/

Then there's WMD:
https://steamdb.info/app/327030/

Offline nino

« Reply #610 on: July 13, 2016, 09:06 PM »
I See.

So f@#! Worms WMD then! or make Jonno send ya a free copy :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #611 on: July 13, 2016, 11:36 PM »
Triad i'll gift you a copy on 29th July, only £20 for me.

Offline nino

« Reply #612 on: July 14, 2016, 12:03 AM »
It is $26.31 For u Komo and $19.77 here in Brazil.

Atleast this is fair, cheaper for the more poor country  :)

Offline Anubis

« Reply #613 on: July 14, 2016, 12:52 AM »
Funny how they milk European people, 30 Euro is too much imo. I would have guessed 25 Euro at most.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #614 on: July 14, 2016, 02:35 AM »
It is $26.31 For u Komo

No, it's £19.99 for me, I don't use dollars.