Forums
April 26, 2024, 11:18 PM

Poll

Are you ok with  having no parachute in rope based schemes like shopper, wxw, big rr, and roper?

Yes
7 (26.9%)
No
19 (73.1%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Parachute in Rope Based Schemes  (Read 7408 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Parachute in Rope Based Schemes
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2019, 01:59 PM »
Sorry for late reply I had a date last night.

I don't see the added discipline where the 2 end results of falling with and without parachute are:

Fail and lose, and fail and lose.

It is not a "tremendous advantage", it's just the way things are, because it's widely considered better to use parachute, the point of saying the past 20 years is because the vastly superior general consensus proves using parachute is favoured, and it has nothing to do with pretty much anything you are saying.

It has been documented and proven actually, we have replays, experience, and most of us, common sense.

YOUR opinion is "one sided as f**k" because you seem to be the only one on these forums who feels that way, I haven't saw a single person other than you say anything like you have, not just on these forums, but online, ever.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2019, 05:16 PM »
Sorry for late reply I had a date last night.

I don't see the added discipline where the 2 end results of falling with and without parachute are:

Fail and lose, and fail and lose.

It is not a "tremendous advantage", it's just the way things are, because it's widely considered better to use parachute, the point of saying the past 20 years is because the vastly superior general consensus proves using parachute is favoured, and it has nothing to do with pretty much anything you are saying.

It has been documented and proven actually, we have replays, experience, and most of us, common sense.

YOUR opinion is "one sided as f**k" because you seem to be the only one on these forums who feels that way, I haven't saw a single person other than you say anything like you have, not just on these forums, but online, ever.

If you are doing a pump from a wall in a roper or rope race, chances are you CAN hit the wall and causes a fall. If you have parachute, it will save you, if not, you FALL. Precision, accurate handling of rope is key to eliminate such accident. I am not claiming you have to be nonhuman to do 100% perfect turns, but no parachute will make it more interesting.. Because it is your fault if you fall or slide of an edge.

It is widely acknowledged and accepted because there haven't been anything to oppose it. So you are saying it have been proven, with parachute only. That is one sided. No one thought of having no parachute in schemes in the past. Perhaps some tried but gave up. Can you really prove anything without the other? Only proof that you have is that there are 20 years of only parachute, replays and a few zar games and arguments here.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2019, 10:35 PM »
If you are doing a pump from a wall in a roper or rope race, chances are you CAN hit the wall and causes a fall. If you have parachute, it will save you, if not, you FALL.

For starters, doing pumps in an actual game, is extremely risky, with or without parachute.

Even with parachute most fails,  do actually result in losing total control of worm and your turn ending, because they are so fast and hit against the walls at such tremendous speed,

Moves like pumps, are one of the harder moves to master in roping, and a parachute isn't going to be much help at all if you fail.

If you actually had as much experience as some of us, and played with as many other Ropers as some of us, you might realize this.

but no parachute will make it more interesting.. Because it is your fault if you fall or slide of an edge.

I really disagree with you here, I think the move itself makes it interesting, it has nothing to do with using parachute or not.

It is widely acknowledged and accepted because there haven't been anything to oppose it. So you are saying it have been proven, with parachute only. That is one sided.

You are wrong, the option of not using parachute has always existed, therefor there has always been an option to oppose using parachute.

So yes, it has been proven, that's a fact, not an opinion.

No one thought of having no parachute in schemes in the past.

Perhaps some tried but gave up.

Never saw someone contradict themselves so quickly before  :D :D :D

So what you are saying is, no one thought of having no parachute in schemes, but they did and gave up?

Roping without parachute has always existed, you are nowhere near the 1st to do it.

It's been discussed in the past, but obviously nobody was interested in it.

Why do you think using no parachute is a new idea? Even ZaR Roper isn't an original creation, it's a combination of things that have been done before, people have been doing ropers without parachute since Worms 2, let alone Worms Armageddon.

Can you really prove anything without the other? Only proof that you have is that there are 20 years of only parachute, replays and a few zar games and arguments here.

I am confident enough to bet my life on it, but on the other hand it's not important enough to spend my time because it would take a lot of time going through 15+ years of replays, websites and history, talking to other people and interviewing them about their experiences and going through their replays as well.

I would only do that sort of thing if I had a huge incentive to do it, not just to prove something to you, that to most other people, is already obvious.

Also, I would need something of an incentive for the other people I would question because more than likely they would say "I don't care" when I try to talk to them about it lol.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2019, 11:27 PM »
For starters, doing pumps in an actual game, is extremely risky, with or without parachute.

Even with parachute most fails,  do actually result in losing total control of worm and your turn ending, because they are so fast and hit against the walls at such tremendous speed,

Moves like pumps, are one of the harder moves to master in roping, and a parachute isn't going to be much help at all if you fail.

If you actually had as much experience as some of us, and played with as many other Ropers as some of us, you might realize this.

To do a fast kick/pump from the bottom wall in a roper, is very useful to bring yourself quickly up to the upper level of the map. There's not much reasons to do many executives firing of rope to go up. IF you can't trust your experience enough without falling, you aren't very experienced.

I really disagree with you here, I think the move itself makes it interesting, it has nothing to do with using parachute or not.
And the move itself makes it impressive and yet interesting with no parachute.

Why do you think using no parachute is a new idea? Even ZaR Roper isn't an original creation, it's a combination of things that have been done before, people have been doing ropers without parachute since Worms 2, let alone Worms Armageddon.
People have been doing ropers without parachute since W2 and WA? Well why haven't I heard anything about that? I've been roping since 2003 and back then there were no roping without parachute, only a few games with bazooka and that was considered pro.

These combination are things that makes ZaR popular and intuitive for many! Many people that plays ZaR schemes without parachute loves the idea having no parachute. But what do you know? You don't really play the game.

I am confident enough to bet my life on it, but on the other hand it's not important enough to spend my time because it would take a lot of time going through 15+ years of replays, websites and history, talking to other people and interviewing them about their experiences and going through their replays as well.

I would only do that sort of thing if I had a huge incentive to do it, not just to prove something to you, that to most other people, is already obvious.

Also, I would need something of an incentive for the other people I would question because more than likely they would say "I don't care" when I try to talk to them about it lol.
So there is no proof then. So don't present it as fact.

Offline Rogi

« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2019, 11:33 PM »
I prefer parachute. Coz some knocks are not possible without it, also it needs even more skill for pressing f8 in time. Interesting that you can take good advantage if you will do swoosh in big vertical tunnel and use chute in good moment in TTRR.

Parachute helps in 10% cases of fail, i just kick my worm by the roof or bottom.. so it even doesnt matter.. will be i more aware or not hah.

Kradie, i know you hate parachute IRL and scared try jump someday xD
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Calm the hell down.|

Offline Kradie

« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2019, 11:41 PM »
Kradie, i know you hate parachute IRL and scared try jump someday xD

Lmao! Yeah my home is a private jet that flies thousands of meters above sea level. Once in a while another jet comes with food supplies and fuel. So the only way down is to jump with NO parachute.  :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2019, 12:04 AM »
Kradie, who do you think you are talking to by the way?

Do you think you are talking to someone with zero experience of roping?

I hate to sound egotistical but i'm vastly more experienced and skilled in roping than you are, I have played with and against most of the best players that have ever existed in this game, so why are you attempting to educate me on things I knew about before you even started playing this game?

I know exactly how useful a pump is, I was doing them consistently before you even played this game.

Even with the best Ropers of all time, pumps are still a risk, with or without parachute, nobody is perfect.

I need to ask, why do you keep saying things, that everybody is already aware of?

You think you are saying these things to support your arguement, but anyone with any roping experience knows otherwise.

As for doing ropers without parachute since Worms 2, and longer than you've played WA for, you haven't heard about it, because you either didn't associate with the right people, you weren't paying attention, or you don't remember.

People did play games without parachute in the scheme, but it has never been a League scheme, and it most definitely has never been popular, but yes, people enjoy doing it from time to time.

What you and I consider popular are 2 very different things, it's like me saying Darts was a popular scheme, which in at it's peak, saw more activity than ZaR ever did, and I still wouldn't call Darts popular, not even remotely.

Kradie, there is proof, I already explained that, it's just too time consuming for me to collect the evidence for the sole purpose of proving it to you, it's not worth my time, and even if I did, you would probably still deny it even if the evidence slapped you in the face(which seems to be happening a lot in this thread already).

Collecting all that data would literally take months, i'm not going to do that to prove one person wrong, I already know i'm right, I don't even need to prove you wrong lol, I just enjoy debating and discussing things i'm passionate about, helping to educate others, and as I said before, I don't want other people feeling bad about using parachute because of your opinions.

And I don't play ZaR because I find it too gimmicky, it's not as good as other roping schemes in my opinion, but I did still support ZaR to be used in TRL, I did want to play, but life took an unexpected turn for me while the season was active.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2019, 12:39 AM »
Kradie, who do you think you are speaking to by the way?

Do you think you are speaking to someone with zero experience of roping?

I hate to sound egotistical but i'm vastly more experienced and skilled in roping than you are, I have played with and against most of the best players that have ever existed in this game, so why are you attempting to educate me on things I knew about before you even started playing this game?
Whom I be speaking to? To someone who is only talk and no play. Even if you did play, you would probably excuse your inferior roping because of absence of the game. You can tell me ''Well Kradie, I have replays and league statistics to back me up''. Sure I can get by that. But then you are proving something to a guy who only plays funners and rarely partake in serious and competitive games. Sure I don't try to lose, and I do Improve as time goes on. But then you can say ''Well, you Improve more in competitive play''.- Sure, but that's not how I role. I don't need yours and anyone else's blessing to validate my skills. I know enough when it comes to roping.

I need to ask, why do you keep saying things, that everybody is already aware of?

You think you are saying these things to support your arguement, but anyone with any roping experience knows otherwise.
Obviously not everybody is aware of it, that's why I am pointing things out in my posts.

As for doing ropers without parachute since Worms 2, and longer than you've played WA for, you haven't heard about it, because you either didn't associate with the right people, you weren't paying attention, or you don't remember.

People did play games without parachute in the scheme, but it has never been a League scheme, and it most definitely has never been popular, but yes, people enjoy doing it from time to time.
Oh I payed attention, and I did play with a broad range of ropers.  It should have been a league scheme tbh.

What you and I consider popular are 2 very different things, it's like me saying Darts was a popular scheme, which in at it's peak, saw more activity than ZaR ever did, and I still wouldn't call Darts popular, not even remotely.
ZaR was never part of the league system so you have the advantage of making your unfair claim. ZaR have the most members, all consisting of passionate ropers, and fan of ZaR scheme(s). So technically, ZaR is more popular than Darts and is still played today. With no parachute ;)

Collecting all that data would literally take months, i'm not going to do that to prove one person wrong, I already know i'm right, I don't even need to prove you wrong lol, I just enjoy debating and discussing things i'm passionate about, helping to educate others, and as I said before, I don't want other people feeling bad about using parachute because of your opinions.
Despite the overwhelming poll results, I still stand tall and firmly. I believe I am right, as much as you believe your opinions are right. We can throw punches at each other as much as we want, but the results are likely to be the same. People should be able to decide for themselves if they are OK with using no parachute in popular rope schemes. It is not about changing the league, and schemes. It is what you are comfortable roping without it or not, and are there benefits to either options etc.

And I don't play ZaR because I find it too gimmicky, it's not as good as other roping schemes in my opinion, but I did still support ZaR to be used in TRL, I did want to play, but life took an unexpected turn for me while the season was active.
Gimmicky doesn't necessary have to be a bad thing. Also new people wouldn't know or care unless if e.g you started to play and yell from the roof tops about how gimmicky and horrible ZaR is :P And I appreciate your support anyway.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2019, 03:19 AM »
All talk and no play? I still consider myself active in Worms Armageddon, i've said in a few other threads, right now i'm going through a rough patch in my life, my desk, my monitor, my keyboard, amongst all my other possessions are all in storage right now because I have nowhere to keep them, it's been like this since February for me.

So I can only play on my laptop, and it's not as often as I would if I had all my equipment.

Inferior roping lol, you're literally delusional ;D F**k man I almost choked on my Irn Bru laughing at that f**k me LOL!

But i'm glad you admit you only play funners and rarely partake in serious and competitive games, which everyone already knows.

It's pretty funny stuff, you going round trying to claim you are some big shot roper who is hardcore because you don't use parachute, and it's the true test of skill etc, and here is the kicker, you very rarely even play serious competitive games, so who gives a f**k if you fall without parachute in a ZaR funner cuz it doesn't mean sh*t anyway LOL!!!

Playing funners requires no risk whatsoever, so even without parachute it's still f**king meaningless lol, it's hilarious after all the talk about "mentally speaking, because you don't have parachute you have this extra awareness blah blah blah" and you don't even know what it's like to compete at the highest level of this game for the glory and respect of other players, and sometimes prizes, which takes more confidence than playing a funner without parachute lol.

I am not here to get into a debate about which scheme is more popular Darts or ZaR, the point is you claim ZaR is popular, it isn't, you could say it has a cult following, which is true.

You can believe you are right all you want, it's delusional, and you are wasting your time, but if that makes you happy then who cares lol. The fact stands there is a long history of websites, leagues, players, replays, tutorials, even plain logic, showing the overwhelming majority of players learn how to rope quicker using parachute rather than roping without using parachute at all.

I never said being gimmicky was a bad thing, I just said ZaR isn't as good as other roping schemes in my opinion(notice I said not as good, I didn't say it isn't good at all).

Offline Sensei

« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2019, 07:09 AM »
I am not here to get into a debate

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2019, 10:17 AM »
I am not here to get into a debate

Offline Kradie

« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2019, 10:19 AM »
But i'm glad you admit you only play funners and rarely partake in serious and competitive games, which everyone already knows.

It's pretty funny stuff, you going round trying to claim you are some big shot roper who is hardcore because you don't use parachute, and it's the true test of skill etc, and here is the kicker, you very rarely even play serious competitive games, so who gives a f**k if you fall without parachute in a ZaR funner cuz it doesn't mean sh*t anyway LOL!!!

Playing funners requires no risk whatsoever, so even without parachute it's still f**king meaningless lol, it's hilarious after all the talk about "mentally speaking, because you don't have parachute you have this extra awareness blah blah blah" and you don't even know what it's like to compete at the highest level of this game for the glory and respect of other players, and sometimes prizes, which takes more confidence than playing a funner without parachute lol.
Admit that I play funners? Everyone knows that I am not into the league. I wasn't in some denial but the point was you can still earn recognition and respect same as you would do by playing the league. Apparently it is you that is more irrelevant compared to me and here is why. Since 2014, I have barely witnessed any sort of activity from you, and if you were active, you were playing with your own secluded dart group which isn't really noteworthy these days. You have no foothold in todays WA, you don't know how ZaR does it there. I am confident that people are more aware of ZaR than Darts nowadays.

You have just insulted a lot of people on WA with your pride and your ego. People there don't care much for competitive games, it is more about having a good time together. I seriously doubt people wants to do their worst just because it isn't a serious game. Why have a PvP game then? Most people obviously wants to TRY to win, and TRY to get better. I have seen many people gotten better over time by just playing funners.

I don't need to compete for glory and respect from other players. Many of these ''other aristocrats'' aren't worth my time. A lot of their behavior like yours now, are to condescending and arrogant. It is very unbecoming, and embarrassing.

I can safely say I am more capable roper because of no parachute. I guess you rely on it too much to rope with confidence,

Offline Korydex

« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2019, 10:47 AM »
/thread
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 07:37 PM by Korydex »

Offline lalo

« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2019, 01:19 PM »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2019, 02:30 PM »
Ah, well done, you stalked this thread until you found an opportunity by taking an unfinished part of a sentence and made it look like something else.

Well done you!  Your nursery teacher would be proud :D

Anyway, moving on.

Since 2014, I have barely witnessed any sort of activity from you

You must be blind then.

You have no foothold in todays WA

Nobody does.

I am confident that people are more aware of ZaR than Darts nowadays.

Sure, even though there are less people around, ok.

You have just insulted a lot of people on WA with your pride and your ego.

Offence is taken not given, and you are the only one who said they feel insulted by that, you don't get to decide for other people.

I seriously doubt people wants to do their worst just because it isn't a serious game.

It's still riskless, it's "for fun" instead of for competition to prove who is best, you have nothing to lose.

I have seen many people gotten better over time by just playing funners.

Yep, but that isn't the point.

I don't need to compete for glory and respect from other players.

If that is true, shut up then.

I can safely say I am more capable roper because of no parachute. I guess you rely on it too much to rope with confidence,

You are quite an interesting subject that actually believes these things, I find your mental gymnastics fascinating! But alas! They still aren't true :)