Forums
April 28, 2024, 06:48 AM

Author Topic: Played my last game of BnG today  (Read 9721 times)

Offline zippeurfou

Re: Played my last game of BnG today
« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2012, 03:02 PM »
I'd like to have a nice (and deep in detail with replay and stuff :D) guide to notch. I've never been able to fully understand how it works.
Even if I do think you can compete against a notcher without notching it feels for me like all the xspeed thingy. The community is better knowing it :)

On the topic, hhc I might play tonight and don't worry I won't ask you to bng :p

Offline Anubis

« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2012, 04:53 PM »
Since I am noob in map making I just made a .jpg that you need to put in your import folder and load the map with the "disc" symbol in your W:A editor.

Place your worm like mine shown in the replay, each crosshair movement is counted as 1. This showcases 4sec fullpower notching. Like Mab already said, the weapon moves at 5,9,13 etc... this is important to memorize so you don't need to count the little tiny crosshair movements but rather the big steps (you memorize the angle for each notch with practice anyway)

Ok now for actual combat use you need to move your screen just so you can't see your worm anymore that's how you measure your distance to an opponent worm if he stands on 9 for example you can just notch to 9 (by single steps) or by going straight to the 2nd weapon movement which is 9 too.

The pixel values are roughly:

Step1: 116
Step2: 229
Step3: 351
Step4: 464
Step5: 594
Step6: 702
Step7: 814
Step8: 927
Step9: 1024 (see why 1024xxxx is such a good resolution? ;)
Step10: 1138
Step11: 1236
Step12: 1340
Step13: 1434
Step14: 1524
Step15: 1610

Since I work on 1680x I stopped there but it covers almost the entire map, you can switch to 1920 and make it cover the whole map if you want.

Also note: the further away your worm stands the least effective a 4sec FP gets, you can clearly see in the replay that the explode radius shifts higher and higher, that means if your opponent stands higher or lower than you, you have to keep that in mind, this will also be covered in the next part where I will explain 3sec nades.

P.S.: HOW THE f@#! DO I RECORD W:A? fraps doesn't work I would just comment the stuff I am doing on the fly rather then write down essays.

Keep in mind these values are not 100% accurate and the pixel values may differ approx 10 pixels around but you will definitely get the idea by watching and reading this.

I will do 3sec tomorrow or later this evening.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 04:58 PM by DeathInFire »

Offline Rok

« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2012, 05:21 PM »
P.S.: HOW THE f@#! DO I RECORD W:A? fraps doesn't work I would just comment the stuff I am doing on the fly rather then write down essays.

Press PgDn and chat with yourself :) What you write will be shown as yellow /anon messages.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Anubis

« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2012, 05:28 PM »

Press PgDn and chat with yourself :) What you write will be shown as yellow /anon messages.

Thanks!

Offline Casso

« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2012, 05:28 PM »
Doh, these are the only things that i already knew lol i discovered them about 2 weeks ago, but i'm curious to know how can a player notch without using the full power. I saw also players that notch with strong wind using zook.

Offline zippeurfou

« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2012, 05:34 PM »
How do you know the distance in pixel ? How do you do when there are cliff and hole ? How do you do in casso case  ?

Edit: Is there map where notch is impossible ?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 05:36 PM by zippeurfou »

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2012, 05:42 PM »

edit: nvm missed a post
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2012, 05:44 PM »
Playing WITH the wind:

Since I can comment in-game now I will just use that to explain it. :D
Keep in mind that I am VERY RUSTY! An experienced and active notcher can do accurate shots with any wind.
Yes, you can notch every zooka in the game, even lg ones.
Not using fullpower is to adjust your angle, if you opponent stands inbetween 7 and 8 you go to 8 and do 1 bit of less power, this also counts for zooks.
I opened the map in MS paint where I marked the #s where the impact will be, that also shows the pixel values there. :)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 06:14 PM by DeathInFire »

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2012, 05:49 PM »
Everybody notching in 3..2..1...
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2012, 05:54 PM »
RIP BnG :D

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline cOke

« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2012, 05:57 PM »
in this thread, TUS bNg becomes a 4s full power fest.

it works the same for other shots, you will just all have to go into an offline game and test it out for yourselves.

5s lg and so on is slightly more difficult in that you have to get the correct power but after that you can determine where about they land.
HNN4EVA

Offline Peja

« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2012, 05:58 PM »
barman says:

I don't really support giving away the all the notching distances to everyone, how about letting people put some effort to understand the game physics?

I can help a little with some of game engine specifics:
The gravitational acceleration equals 600 pixels per second squared without LG and 300 pixels per second squared with LG.
There are 75 power levels, each one adds 16 pixels per second to the initial velocity.
A full power shot (doesn't matter if it's bazooka/grenade/petrol/mortar etc.) has an initial velocity of 1200 pixels per second.
For bazooka, an n-bar wind adds a horizontal acceleration of 71.4n pixels per second squared.

Everyone a knowledge of newtonian physics should be able to determine the distances on their own.

add on from bar: there are 128 crosshair positions between vertical down and vertical up
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 06:09 PM by Peja »

Offline cOke

« Reply #102 on: June 25, 2012, 06:04 PM »
I don't really support giving away the all the notching distances to everyone, how about letting people put some effort to understand the game physics

this. I don't do Newtonian physics but you can also work it out with trial and error in an offline game (hint: sdet helps).
HNN4EVA

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #103 on: June 25, 2012, 06:04 PM »
Nerd must be  :D
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Anubis

« Reply #104 on: June 25, 2012, 06:15 PM »
Playing AGAINST the wind:

The stronger the wind gets, the more angle you need, that's all there is to - wind. ;)