Forums
May 03, 2024, 12:52 AM

Author Topic: Ropers Only League - Read please =)  (Read 5290 times)

Offline biscuits

Ropers Only League - Read please =)
« on: March 15, 2016, 10:15 PM »
This is intended for the TUS Community who enjoys the rope aspect of worms & nothing else.

I know this has probably been suggested before, but... I'll give it another shot. Here me out:

A lot of us, both old schoolers and new schoolers, like playing just rope schemes of this game and at the same time, staying competitive with it. Ground schemes aren't for everyone, even if you try learning them. Some people just simply like playing rope games, and I'm one of those guys. I understand that TUS Single & Clanner games you have to play other players/teams picks, which is 100% understandable and I know what I'm getting into when I choose to play somebody.

So what I'm wondering and maybe suggesting is that maybe we can start a Ropers only league, kinda like how it used to be when this game was first released when #RopersHeaven was what #AnythingGoes is now a days. I wouldn't even mind being in charge of the league. I could take care of everything if need be. What this league could consist of is pure fun (obviously worms and TUS is all about fun in general but players like being competitive) but at the same time, it could still have a rank system etc. There would be no game limit caps on players (depending on how many are involved), there would be no prize pool for winning a season (who cares about that anyways), and it would strictly be Roper/TTRR/WxW. No shoppers or anything. No ground schemes, just the roping aspect of the game. I feel like certain players would enjoy this and maybe some new people.

I understand TRL is something of TUS, but it's rotated out every other season or something, I could be wrong. But... it should just be there in general. Many players reach their game limit on TUS Singles and can't play each other for like 2 months sometimes... so maybe just having a rope only league, players could just keep playing each other with no game cap, nothing but pure fun and getting their rope on, girl.

Idk, just an idea... all I see is people advertising in #AG for "TEL ne1" when it could be "TRL ne1" - Only seems fair. But if it can't happen, it can't happen. Just thought I'd put it out there. Like I stated, I don't mind being in charge or moderating the league. I'm sure we could get at least a dozen of people who would be interested in it.

edit: It's almost pointless playing TUS Singles against certain people once you reach a game cap with people that like playing you in schemes (for this instance, rope ones) where you can earn the highest amount of points possible off a win.... now it's like... okay you play someone just for your "TUS FIX" of getting a game in of a scheme that you like but you win what, 10 points because they aren't ropers? Than you lose a scheme that you hate, cause your opponent picks a ground scheme, you lose 35-40 points, on a scheme you barely play? It just makes no sense, I don't mind it it's just that I feel a rope only league for people who like roping would be very cool. There's no reason to have TRL or whatever it was called on a rotation for every season, just have it there 24/7 so people can just play wxw/ttrr/roper for fun but at the same time keep it competitive and have a standings system/rank etc but just have it be all about the fun and glory.

Cheers,

biscuits
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 11:52 PM by biscuits »

good game W:A Steam reviews

courtesy of "gloom" for allowing me to use this signature, it's the best ;)

Re: Ropers Only League - Read please =)
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 10:36 PM »
Read.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 11:47 PM »
We had TRL as TUS Roper League only but it was ruined when Rotated league take over it..
I support a roper only league (rope schemes in general) and a ground only league too, or even a league for every scheme seems a lot reasonable.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 11:49 PM by Kaleu »
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline AduN

• Chile Chile
  • hai2u!!1!:)
    • View Profile
    • my page
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 12:17 AM »
ROPER/TTRR league

WxW sucks.

:P

Offline biscuits

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 12:20 AM »
ROPER/TTRR league

WxW sucks.

:P

I hear you on that AduN. I enjoy WxW, so I can't really comment on that and I'm sure some people who do know/like roping would prefer WxW over a TTRR as they find TTRR a little on the difficult side of things, lol. But I think having all 3 schemes that are rope related would be very good. So one person picks a TTRR, the other picks WxW and vice versa :P

Offline vesuvio

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 12:44 AM »
after reading this i wished hitler came back xD ( u wont understand this joke but its none and i dont mind ) ^^

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 12:45 AM »
>  No shoppers
hmm @ a new league not hunting for activity

idk, gl
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 12:45 AM »
Who are you biscuits? What was your previous names? You just appeared here like 1-2 months ago?

The problem with your idea is availability and activity.

You complain about the point system/games limit in TuS Singles, in a way that might suggest it's too unfair/amateur for you.

However, even with a Roper League you are gonna be in the exact same situation, it's not the League you have to blame, it's the fact there aren't enough good players on at all hours of the day.

To this day the ONLY event I would consider professional is the EA Championship thing, because they are forced to play every other player an equal amount of times.

Unless you can make this happen, it's a waste of time and you will only end up more frustrated because it failed.

Offline biscuits

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2016, 12:45 AM »
theChipmunk - You would have noticed that if you looked at my TUS Profile m8  :P lol

And it's more-so about just having the league be fun, regardless of how many players there be, even if there are like a dozen max... some people just dislike ground schemes so I thought it would be a nice move to make not necessarily a league but just a ranked/standings based "group" if you wanna call it of ropers who like competing against each other... for points and a rank system, I don't know. Doesn't have to happen I just thought it'd be cool.

I don't see where availability/activity would be an issue though. Clanners still go around... and it's what like 3 clans that play now adays? That being the clan I'm in (420, hell... it's only dibz and myself playing right now cause sbaffo is inactive), TdC and cFc... I see no other clans playing, maybe l3x here and there... so... if clanners still go down... why can't this go down? I don't see why availability/activity would cause problems. The group/league would be there, if people don't play, they don't play... if they do they do... but it's there for the luxury of it.. well.. being there, lol. There's been many occasions where at least 5-6 ropers are in #AG but we can't play each other because we are max'd out on games in TUS Singles... when I know for a fact we would love to wxw/ttrr/roper or something. That's why I stated about not having a game limit cap, just having it be a fun league/group. Idk.

And I'm not complaining about the point system in TUS Singles. In fact I'm not complaining about anything. I just think it's retarded that you lose X amount of points on a scheme that you don't even play and players earn like 7-10 points on schemes they like and prefer over people that don't like it, it's almost like a waste of time playing the TUS game. lol.

Anyways, this thread isn't about about point systems, just seeing if the dream is alive for the ropers that are still around, lol. yeah, that's my 2 cents :P
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 01:08 AM by biscuits »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 03:56 AM »
From MonkeyIslands perspective, there is no point creating a Roper League if it isn't going to be active enough, which I understand and agree with.

That being said, MonkeyIsland kills activity at the same time by putting restrictions where they aren't needed, case in point, game limits.

It's funny because MonkeyIsland claims game limits are in place to stop people noob bashing other people, but it's silly because noob bashing will always exist with or without game limits, I could easily beat XanKriegor 15-0 in Roper, then go beat some noob 15-0 in Roper, then beat some other noob 15-0, then some other noob, then another noob, then other noobs.. You get the point?

TuS Singles/Clanners is a joke anyway with cheaters, people who alias/imposter, ridiculous free wins, avoiders, poor decisions sometimes being made in complaints, no overall reset etc...

Don't get me wrong, I like MI and have a great deal of respect for him, he's done me a few favours in the past, but the way he runs this website keeps driving people away.

Edit: Sorry, hard night at work I meant to say, the way he runs this website AT TIMES keeps driving people away, generally he's the best i've ever saw.

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2016, 05:47 AM »
Tried to start this awhile back with the same similar idea https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/b2r/
Got inactive and abandoned it. Breeze also coded a basic rope league there not sure if it still works.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2016, 05:49 AM »
Nah, Komito, editing will not make that post nicer haha :)
We all would like to see the list of ppl who left TUS cause MI did a bad job?

Mods here are doing lot more than they should, imho.
Only question is how much sanity they have left, to keep running this freakshow.

Offline biscuits

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2016, 06:07 AM »
well.... things becoming inactive and abandoning them is why something... fails... lol.... at least keep it stay in times of no one playing. if it's always there, people will eventually find out about it. I wouldn't even care if I'm playing the same person 20 times in a row, it's for fun anyways lol.

I just think that people who come online to play warmers (which are retarded cause you can warmup by just roping a rope race, roper or wxw) are wasting their time doing that and getting noobies in their games half the time or no one joining. It's like trying to get a rope game going and you have 3-4 people join your game, team in and light up right away with no idea what's going on. At least with a rope league, or group, even with a few amount of players in it, it would still be organized and available for those who know what their doing to get some games in that they enjoy the most with this game.

Idk. Who cares about the activity of it all. Just make it present and there so it gives people a chance and some hope. Just cause something isn't being played non stop doesn't mean it shouldn't exist.

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2016, 07:27 AM »
If everyone here had his league, i think we deserve our league. TUS has gotten split in more leagues, so why shouldn't we try it?

Also i'm still waiting TUS to make a league system finder.

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2016, 07:56 AM »
I agree but only if Ropers Only League has Hysteria... Im a roper so my point is valid and I want hysteria in the roper league !

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...