Forums
April 27, 2024, 11:03 PM

Author Topic: Can't we just donate to make 4.0 come faster?  (Read 8331 times)

Offline Godmax

Re: Can't we just donate to make 4.0 come faster?
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2016, 10:59 AM »
Dont work on shit Steps. We need the disconnect problem handled.

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2016, 02:16 PM »
Agreed, we need to figure out how to disconnect godmax entirely from wn.

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2016, 03:29 PM »
Agreed, we need to figure out how to disconnect godmax entirely from wn.

I'll help ya!

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline Marko

• What is custom title lol

• Croatia Croatia
  • HCP HCP clan

• Heart wants what the heart wants
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2016, 04:29 PM »
Well in that case, why not break the expected update into fragments?
Nobody cares if it's full 4.0, I bet everyone would be glad to see a little update too, for example:

Make worms able to import more types of pictures for graves/flags (not just 8bit bmp)
Maybe introduce reconnection system (even tho I'm aware that requires tons of work, so leave it as a special update)
Handle the multi-key problem (when more keys are pressed certain keys simply get ignored, I thought it was my lptop, but since I've bought a new one, I can see it's not)
Integrate pausing system, may be stupid, but if someone really needs to do a 15min job, he just types /pause and anyone can /resume, put 2-3 pauses per game so it's not exploitable and that's it.

Sorry if I'm talking without understanding, if I could help I would, I'm relatively good at python and I've done some projects, so in case you need a hand, showing me how things work, maybe I could help but I doubt anything there is done in python.
Every time I come back to TUS, I realize my last signature was cringe

Offline Sensei

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2016, 04:36 PM »
Handle the multi-key problem (when more keys are pressed certain keys simply get ignored, I thought it was my lptop, but since I've bought a new one, I can see it's not)

Afaik, that cannot be done. It's a cheap keyboard problem, known as..ghosting!??

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2016, 04:39 PM »
Keylock? Try ANY PS/2 keyboard, it should not have it.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 04:41 PM by XanKriegor »

Offline Godmax

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2016, 11:38 AM »
We need to get rid of the f@#!ing disconnect problem once and for all. Plus an amateur-whore-filter!

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2016, 05:47 PM »
Godmax, you'd be the first one to get filtered.

Quote from: Marko
It's not W:A's fault, you just got 2 shitty keyboards.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline aik

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2016, 09:27 AM »
We should crowdfund ransome W:A-source from Team17 - not because I don't trust the actual developers, because I WHANT TO SEE IT  ;o)

And:
It's not W:A's fault, you just got 2 shitty keyboards.
Yes - shitty key-ghosting. I know the problem (and  there is still no answer in my TUS-topic about that) ^^
Explaination: https://www.microsoft.com/appliedsciences/antighostingexplained.mspx

btw:
I thought it was my lptop, but since I've bought a new one, I can see it's not
Please! Logic! If there is a problem with your old laptop - it is also possible (and the case) your new one has the same problem  :P

Also there is a feature-request site for W:A 4.0
http://feedback.worms2d.info/forums/5998-worms-armageddon/suggestions/7010030-add-linux-support-in-4-0
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 09:53 AM by aik »
<dream>
One day CyberShadow will push worms source code to github by accident…
</dream>

Offline Marko

• What is custom title lol

• Croatia Croatia
  • HCP HCP clan

• Heart wants what the heart wants
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2016, 12:02 PM »
You know, I thought it could be possible, but since it's a new laptop, I love it so much that I blindly dismiss all theories of it being bad in any way ;D

Thanks for the answer on this, I'll check it out when I get home :)
Every time I come back to TUS, I realize my last signature was cringe

Offline Godmax

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2016, 11:24 AM »
Godmax, you'd be the first one to get filtered.
I would be the last to get filtered. We need an amateurfilter badly!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 11:26 AM by Godmax »

Offline goom

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2016, 12:23 AM »

I get the same input drop problem on my laptop if I hold Up + Left and try to press the Spacebar.

PS/2 typically fares better than USB in regards to ghosting.

An easy test for ghosting:
Hold down both Left and Right shift. Without releasing, type the sentence 'the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog'. A keyboard with no ghosting should reproduce the sentence exactly, albeit in caps.

(My result: HE QUIK BRON FO JUPS OER HE LA DOG)

Offline Kradie

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2016, 09:30 AM »
So what's the deal here? All I hear is talk about a 4.0, it's lika  kids story that doesn't exist. Why isn't 't there an official topic where at occasionally a update is made? Keep the community updated with news. FAQ, and information. Doesn't have to be a developer, but maybe by someone with insight.

Why don't developers don't want money? If a large amount cash was gathered say hypothetically 50 000 euros, why wouldn't he/she take it to speed up the process? 
There are already tons of people who that are willing to pay. I see an opportunity here that can benefit us all. 
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2016, 11:22 AM »
Why don't developers don't want money? If a large amount cash was gathered say hypothetically 50 000 euros, why wouldn't he/she take it to speed up the process? 
There are already tons of people who that are willing to pay. I see an opportunity here that can benefit us all.
hypothetically, how many of the 50,000 euros can you contribute?  The first 5 are on me!

Offline Kradie

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2016, 12:25 PM »
Well, there are people that have said that they are willing to invest a few 100 euros into the pot. 
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB