Forums
May 08, 2024, 12:27 PM

Author Topic: Can't we just donate to make 4.0 come faster?  (Read 8376 times)

Offline TheWalrus

Re: Can't we just donate to make 4.0 come faster?
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2016, 12:27 PM »
Well, there are people that have said that they are willing to invest a few 100 euros into the pot.
Nice!  So how many euros can you contribute?

Offline Kradie

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2016, 12:35 PM »
20-30 euros.

If people can contribute from 10 euros, or more we could get a lot out of it.
The 50 000 mark was just an example though.
There are people as I said, who are willing to add substantial amount of cash.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2016, 12:38 PM »
20-30 euros.

If people can contribute from 10 euros, or more we could get a lot out of it.
The 50 000 mark was just an example though.
There are people as I said, who are willing to add substantial amount of cash.
I'll match whatever you contribute, I've been donating to this site for quite some time, it would be good to give back to the developers.

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2016, 01:24 AM »
I'd donate if other people were donating too. Since my donation alone won't make a difference, but together with lots of donations, they could get lots of money.

We won't ever get them to say "give us X and we'll speed up 4.0". WA 4.0 is a spare time project and they can't commit more time than they have. But people would give more if there's a Kickstarter. The whole mentality of matching other people's donations and stuff comes into play. The Kickstarter goal could simply be something like "raise $5000 for Cybershadow and Deadcode to show appreciation". Any ideas what could be used as rewards?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 01:39 AM by j0e »

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2016, 08:09 AM »
maybe if we all put in money into a pending account. and if it reaches a goal then its approved, otherwise it gets refunded.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2016, 08:54 AM »
Are you all project leaders for f@#!'s sake? If a woman can give birth to a child in 9 months then 9 woman can do it in 1 month? Only 2 people are working on the update which needs a lot of time which you cant buy for them.

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2016, 09:10 AM »
Are you all project leaders for f@#!'s sake? If a woman can give birth to a child in 9 months then 9 woman can do it in 1 month? Only 2 people are working on the update which needs a lot of time which you cant buy for them.
Settle down mate, just saying i'd donate some money if it did help to make it come faster. Some people work Saturdays to earn more money. if we donated maybe they could take a Saturday off and work on worms.

Offline ohms

« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2016, 08:55 AM »
If Deadcode/Cybershadow/Team17 started a Kickstarted campaign to fund the WA 4.0 Update to be completed within say, a year, I would totally go for this.

Offline ohms

« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2016, 08:58 AM »
Actually, a 2018 release date would be ideal. WA's 20th Anniversary.
I'd pay $20 for that update. Maybe more. I'm sure many others would too.

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2016, 10:18 AM »
4.0 would be nice, but it's not necessary except in the very long term. Just getting the first regular update in three years would be awesome... :\

Offline goom

« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2016, 07:01 AM »
If Deadcode/Cybershadow/Team17 started a Kickstarted campaign to fund the WA 4.0 Update to be completed within say, a year, I would totally go for this.

Considering the scope of 4.0 (it's basically a complete rewrite), I really don't want them to feel rushed about this. Are there a specific list of features (4.0 facts updated 2010) you all are wanting to be released, or just the arbitrary '4.0' version number? Or rather reassurance that the game is still in active development?

You better believe I'd be more than willing to throw in some cash to see some advances in this game. But adding money to the equation might not necessarily be a good thing in this circumstance. Better a regular update (3.8.0.0?) in a year with a few tweaks than a prematurely-released 4.0. The feature list (and expectations) is just too numerous for any sort of promised date.

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2016, 06:27 AM »
Unless Team17 are preventing DC/CS from releasing the next update due to a risk of overshadowing the next Worms game, I think it might be a good idea to hand off the code to a programmer with more time on his hands, with DC/CS just being supervisors/testers...

...then again, it's possible that the code may be a hacky mess that only they can understand. Maybe they can't even understand it themselves anymore, and that's why the latest update has turned into vaporware? :\

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2016, 08:08 AM »
CS commented recently that it is still being worked on. There is an update planned for some time this year IIRC. Just be patient. CS and DC are geniuses when it comes to WA - they are definitely the best people for the job. I mean, just look at this replay. That is the kind of precision and quality that is going into these updates.

WA is in it for the long haul. People will still be playing it 10 or 15 years from now. Now that it's 2016, the "will not be ready this decade" statement actually sounds pretty good. Given that there will be incremental updates before it drops.

What features are you most excited about?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 08:43 AM by j0e »

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2016, 09:25 AM »
Thanks for the reminder, I'll manage to translate the lacking lines before this update. (Portuguese).
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2016, 01:48 PM »
Well, I think the "Resuming game from replay file." would be like little cheating for an opponent, because he/she can watch the replay and get the view of other opponent's weapons (e.g. in Team17). How about make a disconnected replay game not playable (showing the statement "This replay cannot be viewed because one or more players have dropped") unless it's been resumed and completed? Just an idea. :d

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.