Forums
May 17, 2024, 11:37 AM

Author Topic: Classy. eS WO 2012.  (Read 8982 times)

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
Re: Classy. eS WO 2012.
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2012, 07:44 PM »
I think WO's can be enjoyed aswell ignoring these kinda of things.
Nothing is perfect, even the league professor made, it wasnt as popular as wormolympics, you have to assume it, and that was the main reason it had not aliases and stuff.
With popularity there comes badasses, we all know it, and we should deal with it, and stop feeding it, if someone else jumps out of a window, you dont have the need to do it to win.
There will be always people trying to mess the things up...
Even Incog made some aliases, I didnt expect it, I thought we were having a good challenge, but... just dissapointed.
if eS made something bad to win, they got their slap, ok. if they didnt, whatever, this is a game after all.
Maybe no one will remember about WO's 10 years later and this will be remembered like a good moment we had in internet.

Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2012, 07:48 PM »
nice words, Gab. It was smart. +1

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2012, 07:59 PM »
Lot of drama interresting topic :D.
The way I see it is like octoberfiest:
You go there to discover beer but first of all to enjoy and have fun.
Well, WO is meant to be for fun to discover new scheme and a bit of competition but a bit ! Lot of new scheme where you see new people doing great. It's meant to be an event for fun with some competition but it's not the main point of WO at all ! The way I see things is that there are some new people who came to WO trying to win it by any mean and it end up with the staff of WO being wondering if they want to stop it. If you don't see that WO is meant to be fun, fair play, where result matter just a little WO is better without you.
I think it is very sad what you guys are doing. You totally kill the spirit of the WO, but I want to say to FFie and D1 that there are still lot of people who love the WO :)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 08:02 PM by zippeurfou »

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2012, 08:11 PM »
see that video and say me about olympic spirit, i guess u can understand how someone feels when is cheated:

Vanderlei Cordeiro didnt win the gold medal even being cheated. Where is ur olympic spirit now? Is it cool? Cmon. No one plays to lose.

« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2012, 08:38 PM »
lol profe!!!!! This vid. THIS VID!!! Its perfect example of how you need to be. Just look at him, they f@#! up his win, but he is still happy being not 1st and still shows huge respect to his opponent, he is a really awesome example. Now look at you, you got pretty deserved penalty but keep blaming everybody who isnt agree with your mind. And what you want to say with this vid eh?

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2012, 08:48 PM »
Vanderlei complainted many times in COI and after 6 years ~ He recieved a honor medal. He still doesnt get the gold even being cheated. RoH is innocent, i said. I am complaint vs the WO staff. But wont change nothing. U guys are feeding this thread.

Offline darKz

« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2012, 10:33 PM »
Cya in 6 years then. Case closed.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2012, 10:41 PM »
Stop pretending like worms olympics is like the real olympics.  Real olympians sacrifice, train like crazy, push themselves to the max physically, all for the possibility of representing their country.  Last time I checked, Usain Bolt doesn't play for a clan.  Worms olympics is instead represented by whiny players who grouse when they lose because they clearly tried to fix the results (because it means so much to win the WO anyways, lol).  And aliases.  You don't see a little korean man show up to the olympics with a Michael Phelps swimming cap on.

Offline Balee

« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2012, 11:30 PM »
Professor, you are making it sound like as if your clan was the only one being affected. Thing is, it wasn't. Che was punished too, -15 points, they ended up falling out of the Top5. CfC lost 30 points, fell one place back. TaG lost 105 points, RS lost 130. Yet, you are the only one being angry about it, probably because you are the only one not accepting how the system of fair play works. You do something bad, you get busted, you get punished. Sure, you lost a first place. I understand it must hurt. But what you need to understand is that this wasn't about eS at all. We checked every player who participated, we didn't make exceptions. Heck, I even inspected FFie, DarkOne, Mablak, and several other of my friends, because if I hadn't, it would have been unfair towards everyone else. And I trust FFie checked me. I know I did.
Your problem is that by punishing Kaleu, you lost just enough points to lose the 1st place. But what do you expect? Being part of a clan means whatever you do, it affects your clan. If you win medals, your clan's points rise. If you cheat and you get a penalty, your clan will suffer the consequences. Yet, you are angry at us, angry at the system, angry at anyone who doesn't agree with you, instead of being angry at Kaleu. Did you tell him he did wrong? Did he apologize to the clan for messing up your victory?
You say that just because one player did something wrong, your clan shouldn't be punished for it. Fine, but then everything positive Kaleu did during WO for your clan should also be taken away. In that case, eS would have 698 points, missing the first place by 26 points. You can't just say your clan doesn't have anything to do with its members' faults, but still get points for their victories.

Also, you mentioned us being unfair for punishing people for aliasing even though there are no rules about that. As it was said before, aliasing being a punishable fault is so much common sense, that none of thought it should be written down. Rest assured, it will be during the next WO. But you can't say you haven't been warned, as two players - sm0k and Tavo001, who later turned out to be Twy - recieved penalties for aliasing during WO. When that happened, you should have thought "Ah, apparently aliasing is bad, I should tell my teammates they should stay away from doing that!". Did you do that? If you did, then shame on you, Kaleu, for not listening to the clan leader. If you didn't, why didn't you? But anyways, "no alias" is common sense. I don't know how long have you been playing this game, maybe it isn't apparent for you. I've been playing worms online since 2005, and I never thought I should pose as someone else - whether as an existing player or someone new -, because I take pride in that I am Balee, from the clan UT. It's what I am, with all my positive and negative properties, my mediocre skills, and my undying love for justice. I, personally, have never understood why some people try to hide who they are. Why are they doing it? Are they shy? Do they want to hide that they haven't played in a while? Why? I just don't know. Aliasing is something I don't understand, and probably never will.

Kaleu, you told me in the shoutbox the other day that you did tell the moderator, while you were using an alias, who you were. I'm not saying that isn't true. But if you did tell them, why didn't they submit the results with your name? And why did you have to do it several times, with three nicks in total? And why didn't you email FFie to admit what you have done when you saw sm0k and Tavo001 getting punished for aliasing? Did it not occur to you that you may be doing something wrong? If it didn't, then sorry, but you have a lot to learn before you can call anyone names. You did something wrong while you knew exactly what you are doing. There's no escape from that. If we made a mistake, and you didn't alias, and you even provide evidence that you didn't, we'd of course reconsider. But the fact is you did. You did and you knew you were doing something bad. For that, you deserve your penalty just as much as everyone else who aliased or otherwise cheated.

I'd like to see the end of this entire charade. There was nothing unfair about this. And there was also nothing personal about this. Thing is, I don't even know you guys. I wasn't paying attention to which clan's player I'm checking, why would I? My clan wasn't in that race of yours. If it was, and you'd call me unfair, even though you'd still be wrong, at least you'd have a reason to do so. Now you don't have any reason, except the one that we busted an eS member and you lost the first place. Better luck next time.

Also, I'm just gonna leave this modified list of clans here. I calculated the average points players in each clan had. Of course, the penalties are averaged too. It basically shows the average skill AND involvement of the players in each clan. It speaks for itself, in my opinion.
http://privatepaste.com/43f24e6dd1
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 11:33 PM by Balee »

« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2012, 01:13 AM »
This reminds me of the mentality of some of those Brazilians in the cl2k days, competitive to the point of being unethical, and never admitting when they were wrong. Just admit your mistakes, guys.

oh sure "alias" is dishonest. But it exists since 2004. What u mods had been done to avoid it? Ur site is a joke, u rules is a joke, and WO and cheaters walking togheter since 2004. Even myself already did alias (for replace players who must to leave b4 the end of the tourney) in some tourneys last editions and i didnt get a punsihment. Everybody does it.

But for the last edition, u became after a loong time, a justicer, punishing a clan with -45 points at the end of the league.

You're completely contradicting yourself. If WO is such a joke, then why would you possibly care about getting first place? You're spitting all over FFie and D1's hard work, think before you start insulting and blaming the very people you depend on, who make this community a better place. You should know that aliasing isn't allowed, and even if you weren't aware, that's no excuse. I think it's safe to say the whole community is against you on this one, maybe something worth taking into consideration.

« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2012, 02:10 AM »
TaG lost 105 points
Actually dunno why TaG was signed up in this WO, we were inactive at this time  ;)
Too much drama, this is a pc game of worms... come on.

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2012, 03:49 AM »
there are too many oppinions, but we didnt move the talk from the same place. Alias is forbidden? Ok, i never said nothing against. I am just complaiting - not blamming - about the eS clan had ur points stoled because 1 player played using other names... Ok, u guys think the punsihment fair, i wont discuss about it anymore.

But when a result gained inside the game is absolutelly changed due extragame reasons... Resultas gained inside the game. Even all punishments arround the world cant erase it. eS gained 741 points playing Worms Armageddon fairly. That's all.

Offline theredi

« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2012, 07:24 AM »
sorry for offtop but who else thought thats komo`s post when looked at bale`s? ;D

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2012, 07:41 AM »
sorry for offtop but who else thought thats komo`s post when looked at bale`s? ;D
haha whenever i see a post organized into paragraphs i think of komo.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2012, 07:48 AM »
@professor, it isn't the first time Kaleu has aliased. For example Gif from Sweden was kalue which also joined ie community of yours. There's also possibility of more aliases of him in TUS. imho your first problem is internal.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.