Forums
May 17, 2024, 11:03 AM

Author Topic: Classy. eS WO 2012.  (Read 8981 times)

Offline Crazy

Re: Classy. eS WO 2012.
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2012, 01:58 PM »
Yeah, and it if happens in America you can sue the company and get millions of dollars in compensation :P

Offline skOrpuz

« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2012, 03:12 PM »
omg...this topic is rly annoying...what are u doiing here guys? ??? ? lets play worms and be happy xD its over, we lost, roh won! lets just play :P
what would be the tus without eS? graceless  :P

@Komo hahahahahahahaha xD "right now I am almost about to become successful in music"  success in your life! ae hahahahahahahahah xD

EDIT: stop always say something like "to eS understand" u must remember that the clan is made ​​up of people and everyone has their opinion. So if you want to speak their minds, define the person and not generalize to the clan! i could hate and speak ill of many clans coz i dont like they or dont agree with some. but would not it be unfair?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 03:25 PM by Scorpus »

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2012, 04:00 PM »
lol @this debate :).
It takes 5 page for eS to understand alias=bad... Aww wait.. they still didn't get it :D.

Alias is forbidden? Ok, i never said nothing against.

I havent sure if many of ppl here know to read...

lets play worms and be happy xD

Actually even playing worms isnt enough to win, we need to have:

Better luck next time.

its over, we lost, roh won!

Yeah, first time in history (i guess) where the 2nd place won the main prize :)

Aliasing affects the entire community.

Just 1 more question supreme justicer: Can u explain me how Kaleu bugged the WO System with his alias? Well, Did Kaleu gain some advantage in game? Did kaleu playing under differents names affected the hoster to make pairings? See: i am not defending the aliasers. I am just asking because in TUS, alias really can bug (aliasing u can to get more points, u can join + 1 clan at the same time...).

Offline Balee

« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2012, 04:42 PM »
EDIT: stop always say something like "to eS understand" u must remember that the clan is made ​​up of people and everyone has their opinion. So if you want to speak their minds, define the person and not generalize to the clan! i could hate and speak ill of many clans coz i dont like they or dont agree with some. but would not it be unfair?

Not sure if you directed this towards me as well, but if you did, I'm sorry, I didn't intend to generalize.

Aliasing affects the entire community.

Just 1 more question supreme justicer: Can u explain me how Kaleu bugged the WO System with his alias? Well, Did Kaleu gain some advantage in game? Did kaleu playing under differents names affected the hoster to make pairings? See: i am not defending the aliasers. I am just asking because in TUS, alias really can bug (aliasing u can to get more points, u can join + 1 clan at the same time...).

When writing a lot, mistakes happen. What I meant to write was "Aliasing can affect the entire community." Thank you for pointing that out.
About the effects a single case - or three cases now, more like - of aliasing are nearly impossible to guess, since it would need careful inspection of every game the player played with and without aliasing, comparing them to games outside WO, and so on. This would probably take months. As such, simplifications have to occur. In this case, everyone who used aliases was punished.
But I don't think I ever said Kaleu "bugged the WO system". But yes, aliasing certainly has at least one obvious advantage, that is having your opponent underestimate you. Seeing Kaleu as your opponent may get you bring your A-game - and please, don't start judging Kaleu's true level of skill now, there's no need for that -, while seeing an unknown player may get you think you don't have to be as careful or you don't need to work as hard for your victory. Imagine playing against a top rated player who's using a nick that you have never seen on WormNET. So, yeah, that's one of the more obvious effects.

Offline skOrpuz

« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2012, 04:59 PM »
@Balee, to all dude  ;)

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2012, 05:07 PM »
isnt it the same case if i play under just 1 alias?

example: titahemp as roladuradoce - WWO 2010 Champion and WO 2012 Player?
other example: TAG clan as MAR clan - WWO 2010
3rd example: Kitar, WWO2012 Champion

Offline Balee

« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2012, 05:36 PM »
No, it isn't.

Also, this was the first - but not the last - WO where we checked aliases. We did so because it was apparent that a handful of players were using them, so we decided to be more thorough.
I don't know who KiTar was, nor do I know about this TaG = MAR thing, but the case of Titahemp is a clear one and a good example for what I want to say: The problem doesn't come from you, Kaleu or anyone else using one nickname, during the entire WO, even if that name isn't the usual one. The problem comes when someone plays with both - or more - nicks. The case of Tita this year - I wasn't here last year, had a long break - isn't aliasing because he was playing as Rola during the entire WO, and he never hid his identity from anyone. When I played against him, I knew it was him even before the pairings were announced. But even if he would have stayed hidden and acted as if he wasn't Tita, but Rola, it wouldn't be aliasing because everyone is free to use whetever nicks they want - provided they use only one, of course.

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2012, 05:48 PM »
But even if he would have stayed hidden and acted as if he wasn't Tita, but Rola, it wouldn't be aliasing because everyone is free to use whetever nicks they want - provided they use only one, of course.

But yes, aliasing certainly has at least one obvious advantage, that is having your opponent underestimate you. Seeing Kaleu as your opponent may get you bring your A-game - and please, don't start judging Kaleu's true level of skill now, there's no need for that -, while seeing an unknown player may get you think you don't have to be as careful or you don't need to work as hard for your victory. Imagine playing against a top rated player who's using a nick that you have never seen on WormNET. So, yeah, that's one of the more obvious effects.

u are contradicing urself...

So aliasing is allowed in WO since u just do 1 alias?
So 1 alias cant confuse a player, but more of 1 can do it?

« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2012, 06:15 PM »
Also, more names give us a lot more work. And we already have enough of that without them.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2012, 06:18 PM »
Young kids in their teens are mostly at a stage in their life where the biggest part of their personalities are influenced by the people they spend time with and the activities they do, I REALLY feel sorry for the younger generation of WA addicts.

I will take this game and the friendships to my grave when I die, this goes to ALL the old timers, it's been a f@#!ing pleasure and an honor, seriously.
I feel the same way, I wouldn't have stuck around a minute if you or hhc or oldsock weren't still hanging around here when i first came back a year ago.  Even though i only lasted a few months playing regularly, im sure of what the reason was.  It was just a hollow feeling playing the game without the people from 10 years ago.  I think your right in that we were all 14, 15, 16, 17 year olds coming of age.  Everyone was starting to smoke ciggs and drink and get girls, ect ect.  I remember games we had komo, 3-4 hour warmers where we would leave our computers on during a break, you would go out to the store to buy ciggs and i would sneak out to my garage to smoke weed so my parents wouldn't know.  It'll never be like that again, we're adults now.  Wormnet was wide open, websites and leagues were springing up all over it seemed like, the community was so alive.  It didn't hurt that at that time, 90% of wormnet had the same native language.  So yeah, its different now, if i had a wand id bring back dontmess, molson, quietstorm, tenchi, custick, novicane, goaty, dw33b, mojo, danceman, jmo, volrin, ect.  At least it would feel the same though.  The fact is Komo, our time passed a long time ago.  We are dinosaurs.  None of these people will really care about all these names they've never heard of that played for 3 years on this game 8 years ago.  But we know.  And i guess we'll always remember how great this game was at its peak.

« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2012, 06:33 PM »
besides this case, you still have medal points for gusanos (who never appeared on any es rooster) and bryan from a tourney (http://wormolympics.com/t924#results)  with not enough players (twy played with 2 nicks on a tourney with 16 players) . so even without this deserved penalty you would have lost the race with roh.
was damm close, you did a nice job. be happy with this acchievement and gg.
Well, that Maloyo was the real Maloyo, It wasn't me at that time  :D also "Roman", there was an Argentinian Roman then I took his nickname. I will keep playing with alot of aliases (in order to just play, not to try to get points to some clan or country) unless be illegal, seriously, nobody is loosing money due that.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 06:35 PM by Twyrfher »

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2012, 06:40 PM »
Some people are losing time due to that though...

Offline Balee

« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2012, 08:18 PM »
But even if he would have stayed hidden and acted as if he wasn't Tita, but Rola, it wouldn't be aliasing because everyone is free to use whetever nicks they want - provided they use only one, of course.

But yes, aliasing certainly has at least one obvious advantage, that is having your opponent underestimate you. Seeing Kaleu as your opponent may get you bring your A-game - and please, don't start judging Kaleu's true level of skill now, there's no need for that -, while seeing an unknown player may get you think you don't have to be as careful or you don't need to work as hard for your victory. Imagine playing against a top rated player who's using a nick that you have never seen on WormNET. So, yeah, that's one of the more obvious effects.

u are contradicing urself...

No, I really don't. I was talking about the case you brought up, Tita being 3rd during WWO2011 with the nick RoladuraDoce. While he was playing with that nick, he still was open about his clan, mm, who I'm sure you know are no small fries. Just like anyone else with a decent knowledge on clans knows. As such, a player with a nick like "mm`rolamole" is still somebody players should do their best against, while "171", "Two" and "Peshoh" are nobodies when it comes to fame or apparent ability.

So aliasing is allowed in WO since u just do 1 alias?
So 1 alias cant confuse a player, but more of 1 can do it?

That depends.
If 1 alias = having your own nickname AND another one during the same WO, then no.
If 1 alias = having a different nickname than your own during the entire WO, then yes. As far as I know, that is allowed.

Also, I'm really getting tired of this. You seem to be understanding almost nothing of what I'm saying. If your idea of justice is that it's fine as long as it doesn't involve you or your clan's members, then you have a serious problem. Fix it. Until then, stop trying to be smarter than people who are clearly smarter than you. For the time being, though, I'm done explaining myself to you, even though my - and FFie's - actions were crystal clear, while yours are shady and difficult to understand.

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2012, 11:03 PM »
hehehehe i agree with You Balee, u dont need to try explain anymore. Well, u just did the easy job, RoH is more stronger than eS and They are more older, more pop, more cool. I am with You 8)

:-\ Just admit: eS did 741 points. No one of these 741 points was gained with any cheats.  :-\

Cmon, dont get it tired! We are in peace! Check, my hungary friend, there are 2 things what eS clan and his players never did in Worms:

1. Win Leagues by Moderators helps - our style is win playing the game  :-*
2. Cheat TUS forums to read pvt stuff and to take screenshots. ;)

eS members, that issue is done. Pls dont post here anymore. We have a not-so-much private forum to talk about it.

Cya all ae and pls i am up to play some tus, ask me in #ag soon!

Offline Prankster

« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2012, 11:53 PM »
Punishments only affect a handful of people. Aliasing affects the entire community.

How exactly aliasing at WO affects the entire community? Again, it doesn't give any advantage, well, except if you got paired with your own alias - but this can only happen if you use multiple nicknames.

If the problem is that multiple nicknames generate much more work, then ban and punish multiple nicknames. Or limit the number of players (yes, I know you will). Because increasing popularity does the same. But simple aliasing doesn't have to do anything with this.

I know what's really bugging you, it's the style of playing, which is kinda impossible to punish, so you brought up this aliasing thing to punish some guys you don't like, because that's forbidden at TUS leagues (at least this is what your argument implies). But seems like you did not think through why is that so. I hope I don't have to explain the Élő system. WO doesn't run anything like that, afaik.

I never knew aliasing was forbidden at WO, because I don't see any problem with it. Also I'm quite sure there were a lot aliasing before as well. If it was such a big problem, you could have clarified the punishments already before the games started.

Make it invite only, I know FFie's planning to do it. That might solve your problem. But please. If you do so, let the players know that in advance.