Forums
April 27, 2024, 09:37 PM

Author Topic: Just got a Wii U  (Read 7544 times)

Offline Mega`Adnan

Re: Just got a Wii U
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2016, 02:41 PM »
You got a warn theredi. Your "comebacks" are unnecessary. This is a simple console thread.

So that means Aerox is innocent? (With his aggressive posts)

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2016, 07:02 PM »
You got a warn theredi. Your "comebacks" are unnecessary. This is a simple console thread.
So that means Aerox is innocent? (With his aggressive posts)
^ MI, when you jump in like that, please bother with reading previous messages as well. It looks very wrong when 2 persons go shitwar and only one of them gets punished. *points fingers at recent ropa vs Komo issue*
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2016, 08:30 PM »
WTF-8, ropa says really nasty stuff to pretty much everyone he can, whether they argue with him or not, I defend myself, yes I get out of hand from time to time, but there is a HUGE difference there.

Gaming Central hasn't had any bad arguements with serious insults since it opened, any post insulting people will be removed immediately from now on, I don't care if it's justified or not, find a way to use your words without resorting to that or don't bother.

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2016, 07:31 AM »
It's even worse than calling the N64 the best of its.

Please explain why the N64 isn't the best of its generation.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2016, 09:30 AM »
I would argue the N64 pushed the PS1 in terms of quality over quantity.

There were a few absolute classics but a general lack of games.

Offline darKz

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2016, 11:20 AM »
The N64 had Super Smash Bros, Mario Party, Mario Kart, Ocarina of Time and a few more I can't remember right now. I had an N64 myself and was pretty happy with it, being able to plug in 4 controllers was also one of the biggest advantages.
I only ever wanted a PS to play Final Fantasy, which I borrowed from a friend at some point. So there's that.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2016, 11:38 AM »
Sweet, we're talking best N64 games :D For me the following games, pretty much my collection, not in any order:

Ocarina of Time
Goldeneye
Mission Impossible
Super Smash Bros
Mario 64
Mario Kart
Body Harvest
Majora's Mask
Wave Race 64
Lylatwars
Diddy Kong Racing
F Zero X
Doom 64
Duke Nukem 64
Fifa Road to the World Cup
Micro Machines 64
Re-Volt

And I had PS mainly for Gran Turismo, absolutely love that game still play it from time to time :D

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2016, 03:32 PM »
N64 is so much better than the Wii U in terms of games its not even funny, yet we are comparing them here

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2016, 05:02 PM »
The N64 had Super Smash Bros, Mario Party, Mario Kart, Ocarina of Time and a few more I can't remember right now. I had an N64 myself and was pretty happy with it, being able to plug in 4 controllers was also one of the biggest advantages.
I only ever wanted a PS to play Final Fantasy, which I borrowed from a friend at some point. So there's that.

So did I. One of my favorite consoles ever. However, that doesn't change the fact that the Playstation one, arguably the most influential console of all time (which I never owned), had more sales and a bigger catalog of big guns. This is all Metracritic-able, not an absolute measurement, but at least one that attempts to be objective.

The N64 had some amazing games, OOT, Mario 64, they changed or created genres by themselves. But the Playstation single handedly started making videogames a global market appealing for more than teenagers.

And then came the PS2, easily the best domestic console of any given generation by about a 55 million margin.

After that, hard to say, but the Wii U? Come on now, on the level of the Dreamcast in terms of what the f@#! where you thinking. You can still enjoy the f@#! out of Mario Kart with it, but that's totally besides the point.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 05:09 PM by Aerox »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Triad

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2016, 07:49 PM »
Nevertheless consoles were much better before. I honestly hope Nintendo and other consoles would die as hardware manufacturer and live as software dev like Sega on Steam. I am tired of seeing console exclusives and nice titles with their gimped specs. Imagine how awesome games like Last of Us would be without hardware limitations on PC. Hopefully we'll see some XB exclusives on PC soon.

Offline Husk

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2016, 09:15 PM »
still waiting for red dead redemption for pc...

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2016, 12:04 AM »
Yah, N64 totally had more great games compared to Wii U, in fact, if you look at it purely as capability, the Wii U sucks compared to what the PS4/Xbox One is capable of, however, and this is my opinion, PS4 and Xbox One games are absolutely diabolical, they suck so much I just cannot get into the vast majority of crap that these consoles are selling these days, even including Wii U, but Wii U has the few rare games I actually love playing these days so that's why it's the winner for me.

Tbh the only good game i've seen for PS4/Xbox One is one that will be coming out for PS4 late 16 early 17 called Horizon Zero Dawn, this game is just WOW!

Story seems interesting, inspiring and epic.
Graphics are just jawdropping, even for PS4 lol.
Gameplay looks f**king sweet!

I am actually considering buying a PS4 just for this game, if it doesn't get released for PC.

Check it out:

Offline HHC

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2016, 12:20 AM »
What bugs me in the PS4 is the huge ammount of data you need to install/download for most games. It's an annoying feat on itself.. add to that the fact that the HDD size of the machine is equal to the PS3 and it's a real bugger.

My bro had about 7 games on his before he ran out of space lol. I must have about 40 games installed on my PS3 and i dont think im even close.

Wish I had a superNES tho. I have really good memories of it as we used to hire one every now and then for a week or two. Always big fun :)
I guess it sucks now though, being used to decent graphs.
I can't even start up a ps1 game without being overwhelmed with pixels :D
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 12:24 AM by HHC »

Offline Triad

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2016, 06:45 AM »
I guess it sucks now though, being used to decent graphs.
There are still exceptions like Castlevania Symphony of the Night. That game was dope. I played it quite a lot on my modded PS2.

Speaking of PS2, there are ridiculously cheap offers for PS2. It can run PSX games too, you can even run some emulators if you mod it. I am thinking to get one since my PS2 is dead. I miss playing Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3  with my brother, it was the best DBZ game ever made. :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2016, 07:01 AM »

Well yeah, take Donkey Kong Country for the SNES, to this day it's still impressive, it's just beautifully designed around it's capabilities, something you don't see often enough now.

The way I see it, graphics these days are "awesome", but most games that aim for realistic graphics aren't really that awesome, I was seriously disappointed with the visuals in Fallout 4 for example, the game itself I like though.

I think the problem is these days they really rush a lot of games, pushing stuff out as fast as possible with DLC "coming soon", don't get me wrong, there are still games out there that are truly stunning, but in this day and age I honestly expected more.