Forums
May 08, 2024, 11:47 AM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] is avoiding ok?  (Read 9805 times)

Offline nino

Re: is avoiding ok?
« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2010, 07:43 PM »
sure, i can be annoying, doctor, and it seems that really i annoy you, iam sorry.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 07:49 PM by nino »
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Uber

• Sexmachine

• Norway Norway
  • ps ps clan

• You'll never walk alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2010, 09:29 PM »
Darkone, cheers for ur modest reply. :)

Dont get me wrong, i dont doubt u or any of the other mod's mentioned experience both as a player and a mod, i think ur doing a good job for this site, and u back up ur facts very good, TUS should be glad 2 have a mod as urself really, well well enough with the suckup! :p But seriously, keep it up.

BUT even u like it or not, YOU never play vs these guys in a league game, where rating and win/loss is at stake. :) Thats what i meant, not that u never play and hang in #ag, tho i v rarely see u there, maybe im not looking good enough tho! :)

Thing is, u say; well u dont have 2 play them, simply ignore them. Well then u got a new problem, then they spam ag and shoutbox etc with words as "noob", "avoider", "coward" and so on and so on. People doesnt want that either, i mean thats like the worst thing ever, where i come from the word "coward" is an invitation 2 battle it out, right here right now! :) And maybe thats inmature, but hey, we're men!! We are not build for ignoring people who trashtalk at us! :p  Specially if we dont like em from the beginning at least.. :)

Im not saying 100% that ban is the correct thing, im just trying 2 tell u where we come from by saying it :)

wanna camsex btw??
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 09:31 PM by Uber »

-You think you are pretty smart, but is was not me, and you became dumb.   Phanton.    <3

Offline Albino

« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2010, 10:19 PM »
cool d1, i remember when u used to defend the point of TSR banning peoples like crazy in FB, now i undestand you point why we have to stand a guy as zippo, thanks m8.
lowl

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2010, 06:23 AM »
Quote from: DarkOne
Of course people are frustrated. You guys are being annoyed constantly by the same 2 guys.
Now read this thread and pretend you're crash/Zippo. Would you be motivated to be nice to these guys?

You seem to be forgetting that we are only complaining about zippo and crash because they are the ones that started causing all this, I know they wouldn't reply nice, but it's their fault, when they both started to act bad like this none of us forced it upon them, they chose to behave like this WAY before it got out of hand like it is starting to become.

But there are people here (in this very thread no less) who've had their moments that are far worse than anything Zippo has ever done, yet no one has asked us to ban them.
How would you react if a thread like this was started about one of your mates

Why do you act as if this is a fact? In MY opinion, no one in this thread has done anything near as bad as Zippo, possibly crash, but not zippo, I don't feel impersonating people for a few days, or admitting to using some program for playing warmers (not leagues so not considered cheating in my opinion) is anywhere near as bad as someone who EVERYDAY acts like a complete evil immature prick to 99% of people he plays against.

I don't know how I would react, because it depends on who it was, what they had done, and who they had done it against, if I believe one of my mates is completely out of order, then I would probably back up the decision to have them banned for a while, and that is the honest truth.

If you recall, there actually was a period when Zippo was actually acting quite normally. This was after Komo had a little chat with him (kudos for that btw, Komo). If you hadn't noticed that, then you're only paying attention to Zippo when he's annoying.

Yes, and it didn't last anywhere near long enough, seeing as I was the one who spoke to Zippo, and he completely ruined it, then after the way he acted towards me in a few clanners, AFTER all the help and advice I gave him, and stuck up for him, he treats me like this? It's even worse when you try to help someone and they act like this.

Also, if you are telling us to ignore him, you are in a way giving us permission to argue like hell on the forums and ruin it for everone else, because if he can act like this and get away with it, that means ANYONE else can do it also, and I am not talking about behavoir on forums, I am also talking about having bad sportsmanship, no respect for anyone in-game, accusing people of cheating...

Don't let 1 bad apple ruin the bunch... Get rid of him for a while.

I remember when everybody was outraged at the banning of people in FB :)

That was totally different, sometimes they did ban too many people for nothing, I got banned once just for disagreeing with Kiros on the way he handled a complaint or something... I didn't really mind it though, whether I was right or wrong, in the end I realised, well, it IS his website, his league, and his rules, we get all this service for nothing, so respect things the way they want it, or don't bother going there.

In this case, I think it is more than obvious the right thing to do, not a permament ban, I'd ban him for a week to think things over (he needs to study for his "uni" anyway...).

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2010, 06:52 AM »
i wrote a massive post.. i previewed it, i clicked back and i lost it.. As if this thread has not even drained enough life out of me the through or retyping everything i just wrote makes me sick..

Offline Anubis

« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2010, 11:32 AM »
i wrote a massive post.. i previewed it, i clicked back and i lost it.. As if this thread has not even drained enough life out of me the through or retyping everything i just wrote makes me sick..

Hahaha, yeah something like that has happened to me too when I wrote a massive text, since then I always make a back up by copying the text before  preview/posting. Browser can always crash or something like that.

Btt: I think Komo has made a strong point... if you allow people to behave like Zippo it invites everyone in theory to do it and get a way with it. I agree that there has to be some line when it's just too heavy to ignore.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2010, 01:38 PM »
The line is clear, name yourself ropa and that's crossing the line, anything else anything goes
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2010, 01:42 PM »
That should be a rule!

« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2010, 09:42 PM »
You seem to be forgetting that we are only complaining about zippo and crash because they are the ones that started causing all this, I know they wouldn't reply nice, but it's their fault, when they both started to act bad like this none of us forced it upon them, they chose to behave like this WAY before it got out of hand like it is starting to become.

Again, we are not denying nor approving of this. Again, don't pretend they're the only ones acting like this. As Anubis posted, people come here and all these posts are already painting a picture of zippo and crash. I think you'll find you're willing to accept less from someone with a bad rep than from someone with a good rep, even if they're using the exact same words.

I don't know how I would react, because it depends on who it was, what they had done, and who they had done it against, if I believe one of my mates is completely out of order, then I would probably back up the decision to have them banned for a while, and that is the honest truth.

Sorry, but why exactly does it depend on who they're saying it to? Seems to me that if I'm calling crash names or calling MI names shouldn't make any kind of difference. Nor should it make any kind of difference if I try to get a cheap win against crash or against MI.

Yes, and it didn't last anywhere near long enough, seeing as I was the one who spoke to Zippo, and he completely ruined it, then after the way he acted towards me in a few clanners, AFTER all the help and advice I gave him, and stuck up for him, he treats me like this? It's even worse when you try to help someone and they act like this.

Yeah, I get that feeling quite often myself :) (Not referring to this thread with that btw)
And I agree. He did ruin it. And yes, it does suck that you're trying to help him and he just ignores that. I wonder why you think we don't know what that's like, Komo...

Also, if you are telling us to ignore him, you are in a way giving us permission to argue like hell on the forums and ruin it for everone else, because if he can act like this and get away with it, that means ANYONE else can do it also, and I am not talking about behavoir on forums, I am also talking about having bad sportsmanship, no respect for anyone in-game, accusing people of cheating...

Don't let 1 bad apple ruin the bunch... Get rid of him for a while.

I'll just quote someone here because he put it so nicely:

Maybe darkZ, but banning doubletime didn't hurt anyone, neither would hurt to ban zippo.
We don't need zippo to change, not anymore. We need the community to lay back and watch him saw off the branch his sitting on.

I didn't really mind it though, whether I was right or wrong, in the end I realised, well, it IS his website, his league, and his rules, we get all this service for nothing, so respect things the way they want it, or don't bother going there.

sounds like a good point to me :)

I'll reply to your post a bit later, Uber! It requires a proper response and no rushed job and I gtg now.

Offline Husk

« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2010, 10:06 PM »
u r all cheaters and if u win, its because of luck.
im the best. good thing they r not banning anyone except people who r using typoed rope as a nickname

Offline darKz

« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2010, 10:10 PM »
I just don't see how you're reasoning that it's basically everyone's fault that you didn't ban anyone yet because they're paying attention to them or care too much.. How can it be everyone's fault, seriously? I don't think anyone's ganging up on ZiPpO (though that may be the case), it's just that everyone's majorly annoyed by him.

Edit: I love you Husk. <3
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Husk

« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2010, 10:18 PM »
lets have sex dark!

Offline darKz

« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2010, 10:29 PM »
Let's invite Crazy, Husk!
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline nino

« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2010, 11:02 PM »
iam up too  :D sexy party yay!!!
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2010, 06:27 AM »
Again, we are not denying nor approving of this. Again, don't pretend they're the only ones acting like this. As Anubis posted, people come here and all these posts are already painting a picture of zippo and crash. I think you'll find you're willing to accept less from someone with a bad rep than from someone with a good rep, even if they're using the exact same words.

They ARE the only ones acting THIS bad... If none of you realise this, then you are either being ignorant (sorry, but it's the truth), or you just don't SEE the whole picture... And you are 100% correct, you will accept less crap from someone you already know acts how Zippo does, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this, if someone we all know acts nice all the time, acts like zippo for 1-2 days because something bad in their life and they took a bad turn, but quickly snapped out of it, I could easily forgive this, I have done in the past, but with Zippo, it always has been and always will be and you know that, so stop making excuses for him, stop telling us to ignore him because we can't, and as for him behaving? I have more chance of winning the lottery, at least in the next 5-10 years I think, and I am not joking, I am being serious, I honestly do believe I have a better chance of winning money...

If you think ANYTHING I have said in this whole thread is anywhere near as bad as them, it's completely wrong, I have not used foul language, I have took a ridiculous amount of time (Probably 20-30 minutes a post thinking of best words to come across to make my point) to put together my posts, they are mature, thought through and alot of people agree, so if any of my posts offend you it is not because they are morally wrong, it's just because you don't agree with them and don't respect my opinion, and just because I am saying this, doesn't mean that I think this is what you are thinking, I am just mentioning it.

Sorry, but why exactly does it depend on who they're saying it to? Seems to me that if I'm calling crash names or calling MI names shouldn't make any kind of difference. Nor should it make any kind of difference if I try to get a cheap win against crash or against MI.

It changes everything, like I have explained in the last quote, if YOU acted like Zippo for a day or 2, we obviously know it isn't normally like you to act like this so we would give you the benefit of the doubt in hope you will be back to normal soon, any good person can have a bad turn due to something happening in their life not associated with this game, that they bring into this game, like when someone annoys you and you take it out on your friends or something, if you started swearing, accusing people of cheating, posting free wins etc for a few days, we would probably think someone is hacking your account to start off with... Then after you prove it IS you, I am guessing you would explain what happened after you calmed down, and you would probably be forgiving, but with Zippo, it's Zippo, he has ALWAYS been like this and will NOT change unless dealth with properly and severely.

Yeah, I get that feeling quite often myself :) (Not referring to this thread with that btw)
And I agree. He did ruin it. And yes, it does suck that you're trying to help him and he just ignores that. I wonder why you think we don't know what that's like, Komo...

Who said I thought that? I never assumed anything...

I'll just quote someone here because he put it so nicely:

Maybe darkZ, but banning doubletime didn't hurt anyone, neither would hurt to ban zippo.
We don't need zippo to change, not anymore. We need the community to lay back and watch him saw off the branch his sitting on.

The 1st part is true I guess, but the 2nd part is just morally wrong, in every way possible, you are asking us to continue being annoyed and agrivated most days of the week when we play because of 1 person.

No one has said anything (or maybe they have but not that I know of) but I know for a fact you have both or all warned Zippo, like a serious serious warning, he has been quiet for the last few days, since this thread actually, and like every criminal/***hole when warned or under pressure they will lie low and wait for things to cool off, then they will just be back to normal, trust me when I say this, this will not end good if you don't do something about it, In my opinion, you guys have made a sensational job of this league, and the website, it's personally the best website I've seen for any league before, and it's more competitive than ever to me at least, but seriously, you are the ONLY people I have ever seen to put up with as much crap as Zippo has this league and alot of players, personally I think he should be banned, but I'd be more than happy if he would just shutup or calm down, but it looks like neither of these will ever happen.

Just remember, you always have the power to ban him.