Forums
April 27, 2024, 04:13 PM

Poll

should hysteria be moved to the free league?

yes
no
idk

Author Topic: should hysteria be moved to the free league?  (Read 17196 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: should hysteria be moved to the free league?
« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2017, 08:47 AM »
For instance, you saying you seen it happen where a skilled player killed his worms as starting game strategy in wxw or shoppa...

I am not the only person in this thread who said they have seen that, so you are wrong there, I said it's very rare.

Another example, you plopping your first worm in hyst is only because your other3 worms have good placement, and has absolutely nothing to do with tele pile.. lol again, we all know the truth, we all know the reality, even you know the truth komo, but you won't admit it... because you will never admit to losing your precious debate...

What is the truth? Please tell me, you can cry all you want and say this and that, but without actually giving any evidence you are just trash talking lol.

We can debate about what color the sky is, if one person says it's blue, you will say it's green, then tell everyone it's a matter of opinion, so your still right.

Yes, please change the subject again, please, tell me more :)

Here's one example that points to hyst being a broken scheme... even the newer players, that use hosting buddy, and host hyst games just for fun, hate tele pile... they will call you lame, cow, etc. If you tele pile...

Some BnG players like to play without throwing rollers, or repeating shots, it doesn't make people who do lame, it's just a made up fantasy in their heads.

Same as people who hide on top in Roper.

Again, you are just trash talking with absolutely NO evidence, or any intelligent, thought out theory to back up ANYTHING you say.

So now you have both ends of the spectrum saying the scheme is broken

Just because someone says something, doesn't make it true, also, there are players from "both ends of the spectrum" agreeing with me too.

And people who think that BoomRace, Darts or Golf should be part of the Classic Leauge should first learn how to play current classic schemes.

Such as me? Who has played pretty much every scheme there is?

I've even tried project X schemes, they are awesome but not simple enough/stable enough to run for everyone.

Darts, Golf, BoomRace are all better than Shopper/Team17/Roper, at least if your opinion for a competitive League is to be skill based with no luck.

Offline Senator

« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2017, 09:19 AM »
The early game doesnt matter at all most of the times, but the midgame is the time where you can gain an advantage for the endgame. I think in ~75% (thats just a random guess out of my memory) of the games I have an HP lead when it's down to 1vs1 in Hysteria.

But imo, there are easy-to-execute tactics that can give you a gamble situation at the end. I never saw anyone actually doing it against me yet, but I think this is the main flaw of hysteria. It kinda leads to the situation that Free described, where its down to one nearly horizontal shot with zook at the end of sd.
Depending on the map and the bng skill of the player that uses this tactic you can win at least 1 out of 3 games against ANY player. I can't prove it, cause like I said, I've never seen anyone tyring to play like this, cause your winning chances are <50% like this, imo, because your opponent has to miss one important shot for you to win.
Even if the game doesn't go your way you can still save it late game by hiding on the edge of the map, forcing SD, hope for your opponent to miss once you teleport up (of course it's a gamble, nobody has 100% accuracy, not even you Komo), and then have a big chance to gg him. The success rate of this is, as has already been said, less than 50%, but even if it were only 10% it's still ridiculously high for not doing anything productive during the entire game.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2017, 10:05 AM »
The early game doesnt matter at all most of the times, but the midgame is the time where you can gain an advantage for the endgame. I think in ~75% (thats just a random guess out of my memory) of the games I have an HP lead when it's down to 1vs1 in Hysteria.

That's a nice way to put it but depends entirely on a persons perspective and how they play, I cannot disagree that for Random, that's how it is.

I will definitely say that in some games the 1st few turns have little to no effect on the outcome of the game, but that's true for almost every scheme, again, depending on your perspective.

He might look at my 1st turn as unimportant, but for me my 1st turn can kill/push an enemy worm and steal the best spot on a map.

But imo, there are easy-to-execute tactics that can give you a gamble situation at the end. I never saw anyone actually doing it against me yet, but I think this is the main flaw of hysteria. It kinda leads to the situation that Free described, where its down to one nearly horizontal shot with zook at the end of sd.
Depending on the map and the bng skill of the player that uses this tactic you can win at least 1 out of 3 games against ANY player. I can't prove it, cause like I said, I've never seen anyone tyring to play like this, cause your winning chances are <50% like this, imo, because your opponent has to miss one important shot for you to win.

Again, this is just opinion based and depends on your perspective, what you see as a flaw, other people see it as something they enjoy and appreciate, 99/1, 1/99 or 50/50 it's still true.

He says he can't prove it, why is that? If it's "easy-to-execute" then why couldn't he prove it? 1 reason would be because Hysteria games(like all schemes) usually have the same outcome in the end, but it's never the same step-by-step shots/positions/tactics, the same things happen again and again but in different orders/ways.(After all, it is a sandbox game)

Even if the game doesn't go your way you can still save it late game by hiding on the edge of the map, forcing SD, hope for your opponent to miss once you teleport up (of course it's a gamble, nobody has 100% accuracy, not even you Komo), and then have a big chance to gg him. The success rate of this is, as has already been said, less than 50%, but even if it were only 10% it's still ridiculously high for not doing anything productive during the entire game.

Even if Elite doesn't go your way you can get a few lucky roller nades and do a lot of damage and make a huge comeback.

Part of the fun of Hysteria is that whole rush at the end trying to get those perfect shots off.

This cannot be argued - If aimbots played Hysteria, it wouldn't be a problem, so it comes down to a players skill and the luck they create, which is totally acceptable.(and NOT a flaw.)

Point being, YOU are in control of your shots, you don't press a button and a random shot happens, YOU aim and YOU let go of the space to judge pwoer, you could practise enough you get to the point where you rarely miss, like me in BnG at my peak.

Being SO good at nades/zooks makes people fear you, such as people fear hiding more open Vs me in Elite, they know I will destroy them with BnG, THIS has an affect on a game as well.

Offline Krezo

« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2017, 10:26 AM »
And people who think that BoomRace, Darts or Golf should be part of the Classic Leauge should first learn how to play current classic schemes.

No one here said that. When I joined TUS, you were among few ppl that helped me to figure out how this thing works. Wasn't much of a help, tbh, but I appreciate the effort.

Now.. you're commenting this thread after 1-2 years of inactivity.
I could say more about you personally, and give evidences of how salty as player you are but nvm. No one gives a f@#!. I'm always open to play boom,jpr,darts.. If you're the "real pro" you're not gonna have hard time winning all of mentioned schemes that you think every noob can handle at first sight ;)

WTF are you talking about? Dude, you didn't get my point. This is like 100th tread about "hysteria should be banned or moved..." and always the same comments.

But there are many pro players that play hysteria, elite, roper, TTRR, boomrace, darts, golf... and they are not complaining, e.g. Komo, Husk, tita..

Sensei, you should be like them as well. Before you comment something, consider both sides. But you cannot consider one side because you do not play it and you do not know how is it.

Mentioned schemes (boomrace, golf...) are fun and requires a lot of skills, but there is no strategy there like in e.g. hysteria. That is what these schemes make incomparable.

Do not worry about me Senesi, I am just nostalgic sometimes and I cannot get over the days when I was pro xDDD
No signature.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2017, 11:27 AM »
Unless ppl agrees to make some changes in hyst it never will be considered as serious scheme. I don't have to play everyday to get that. And had fair amount of hyst games, anyway. Can describe it in one sentence:

INF PETROL!???  :'(

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2017, 12:29 PM »

Offline ANO

« Reply #141 on: January 29, 2017, 01:09 PM »

Offline Senator

« Reply #142 on: January 29, 2017, 04:15 PM »
Even if Elite doesn't go your way you can get a few lucky roller nades and do a lot of damage and make a huge comeback.

Yeah but the chance of a comeback after a shitty early + mid game is much higher in Hysteria than in any other Classic scheme (except TTRR which is not comparable cos it's time trial) and that's why many hate it. That's also why many like it (you can make funny turns and stay in the match).

Even if the scheme is a lil 'broken', which IMO it isn't, it's still the most popular scheme.. among pro and newbs alike.

It can be popular for different reasons.. for example daiNa has said she picks Hysteria cos it's faster and she is rusty. That doesn't mean she thinks it's a great scheme with much depth.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #143 on: January 29, 2017, 04:43 PM »

Yeah but the chance of a comeback after a shitty early + mid game is much higher in Hysteria than in any other Classic scheme (except TTRR which is not comparable cos it's time trial) and that's why many hate it. That's also why many like it (you can make funny turns and stay in the match).

I've been 100+ behind in BnG - SO MANY TIMES - still came back and won, same with Roper, same with WxW, same with Team17 etc, that has nothing to do with the scheme being league worthy and competitive, that's just a few select players being whiny bitches.

It can happen more often in Hysteria yes, still doesn't make it any less competitive.

Even if the scheme is a lil 'broken', which IMO it isn't, it's still the most popular scheme.. among pro and newbs alike.

It can be popular for different reasons.. for example daiNa has said she picks Hysteria cos it's faster and she is rusty. That doesn't mean she thinks it's a great scheme with much depth.

Whether daina likes to admit it or not, she's an excellent Hysteria player, she's played hundreds of them, she's very experienced and that's why she wins.

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 29, 2017, 06:09 PM »
How boring
All these long posts, and at the end of the day nothing productive comes out of anything
Just selfish posts and offtopic essays
Including this one
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 06:15 PM by Gabriel »
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #145 on: January 29, 2017, 06:31 PM »
Do people lack a certain part of their brain that makes them incapable of realizing other people can and do enjoy things they don't?

No matter how many people say "boring" "stupid" "offtopic" etc, it's still gonna happen, so stop wasting your own time and go do things you actually enjoy :D

Offline ANO

« Reply #146 on: January 29, 2017, 10:22 PM »
just improve your synthesis skills  ;)

Offline Triad

« Reply #147 on: January 30, 2017, 11:06 AM »
Well, removing hysteria might be unlikely because as poll shows too, no dominant vote for removal. So what about:
* 4x Petrol bomb instead infinite
* 5, or max 7 sec SD clock.
* Once someone suggested to add drill to counter certain type of darksiders, how did that turn out?
* Also if people killing their worm is annoying, why not make worm a more valuable asset. Maybe instead 4x80hp teams, try 3x100hp?

Just trying to come up with suggestions.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 11:26 AM by Triad »

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #148 on: January 30, 2017, 11:16 AM »
No.

Offline HHC

« Reply #149 on: January 30, 2017, 12:03 PM »

Does it matter?
It's a 'light' scheme, the turns go by fast, the pace is good, the games are usually not too long and tight until the end even if the players are of different overall skill level. It's definitely a reason why it's so popular.

Contrary to some of the classic league schemes.. like BnG.. WxW.. TTRR. Schemes that are IMO to blame for the dead of TUS. At some point we decided to stick to our old favs and to schemes that clearly benefit the strongest players, rather than embrace the schemes that the vast majority of (noob) players played on wormnet. Like normal, like shopper, like hysteria. If we had slightly adjusted those popular schemes to a league format we'd be way better off right now. IMO.