Forums
May 02, 2024, 07:17 PM

Author Topic: Team17 has announced Worms WMD  (Read 64328 times)

Offline StepS

Re: Team17 has announced Worms WMD
« Reply #555 on: June 27, 2016, 02:34 PM »
Hey gang.

So I've noticed a bit more chatter about the Drill and I recalled saying that I would look into whether or not the Blowtorch mimic'd what the Drill could do. I've made a quick little clip to showcase the Blowtorch in action:

Good video. But as you probably understand from other people's replies in the thread, this will not be enough to fully replace the drill. Perhaps the most critical feature of the drill was that it could be activated in mid-air (during a jump or a controlled flight), as well as from ropes/bungees/jetpacks/parachutes, and slide on the terrain in case there's horizontal momentum. Another (though less important overall) point was the slight randomness of the tunnel drilled. Thanks for letting us know though.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #556 on: June 27, 2016, 02:54 PM »
Exactly, StepS.

Also, "If you let my gf go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will DRILL you."  :D

Offline Kradie

« Reply #557 on: June 27, 2016, 04:05 PM »
Jonno,

In Worms Armageddon,  the names that are above the worms head have solid background. You can choose to hide team name, name, health and even have all 3 of them removed. Is this possible to include in WMD?
Solid background and semi solid background would also be a welcome edition-.  Same goes for Team names.

I assume that there are no border options? Will it be implemented? Or will it be up to map authors?
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Jonno_Team17

« Reply #558 on: June 27, 2016, 05:15 PM »
Jonno,

In Worms Armageddon,  the names that are above the worms head have solid background. You can choose to hide team name, name, health and even have all 3 of them removed. Is this possible to include in WMD?
Solid background and semi solid background would also be a welcome edition-.  Same goes for Team names.

I assume that there are no border options? Will it be implemented? Or will it be up to map authors?

You can toggle whether worms have team name, name, health or have all 3 removed yes :) On a controller it's as simple as using the left bumper.

Currently the only maps with borders are the cavernous maps. If you want true border maps it'll be down to the PNG map importer authors at this time.
Community Manager at Team17

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #559 on: June 28, 2016, 01:27 PM »
Yeah sorry MI/Jonno, get carried away sometimes :D

Something I would like to see is a detailed video of the Jetpack, is that around yet Jonno?

Offline nino

« Reply #560 on: June 28, 2016, 01:40 PM »
will we be able to select weapons by hiting the F keys? how will be possible to choose the rope is there are 3 kind of... ? maybe is is a dumb question but it does not lose the credit cos iam dumb so, it is normal to come a dumb question from a dumb person  :D
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline ANO

« Reply #561 on: June 28, 2016, 01:45 PM »
will we be able to select weapons by hiting the F keys? how will be possible to choose the rope is there are 3 kind of... ? maybe is is a dumb question but it does not lose the credit cos iam dumb so, it is normal to come a dumb question from a dumb person  :D

you chose the kind of rope before, when you edit the scheme, I guess.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #562 on: June 28, 2016, 01:54 PM »
Oh I just thought of something, what is the rate of fire for each ninja rope in W.M.D? Are they all the same? Are they as fast as WA? 

I'm not the most savvy when it comes to the technical side of roping but WA has a limit due to the FPS (if I am right?) Will W.M.D have the same thing? I wonder...

Offline Masta

« Reply #563 on: June 28, 2016, 02:56 PM »
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 06:38 PM by Masta »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #564 on: June 28, 2016, 03:24 PM »
Why are you removing the drill? It's groundbreaking!

Nice pun xD

Offline HHC

« Reply #565 on: June 28, 2016, 08:18 PM »
Funny how the Scottish have the most problems with the DREXIT

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #567 on: June 29, 2016, 01:17 AM »
Funny how the Scottish have the most problems with the DREXIT
I guess the scots are just more intelligent then the english.  Or if you favor the exit, principles over economic prosperity.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 01:19 AM by TheWalrus »

Offline Jonno_Team17

« Reply #568 on: June 29, 2016, 04:13 PM »
Why are you removing the drill? It's groundbreaking!
Spoiler! View
sorry

Oh ho ho, that was puntastic!

So to answer a few questions...

Yes you will be able to use the F keys to quick select weapons.

I'll be streaming some more Worms W.M.D this Thursday - I'll flap about on the Jetpack for a bit if you'd like :)

NINJA ROPE UPDATE

The standard Ninja Rope has been updated again to be faster, more responsive and with improved handling. This won't be reflected in the build I'll be playing on Thursday.
Community Manager at Team17

Offline Kradie

« Reply #569 on: June 30, 2016, 09:15 AM »
IGN has uploaded gameplay footage

Another trailer from Team17

Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB