Forums
May 12, 2024, 04:12 AM

Poll

If Worms Armageddon was made available for purchase on Steam, would you buy it?

Holy shit yeah! I've been waiting for something like this for ages and I'd buy a 4-pack for me and my friends immediately!
27 (29.7%)
Yes. The extra comfort (easy purchase, no CDs, automatic updates) and larger player base alone would make it worth it.
23 (25.3%)
Not sure. It would depend on the price, the features that would be added and a bunch of other things.
14 (15.4%)
No. The game is fine the way it is and there's no need for a rerelease. Please don't split the community.
22 (24.2%)
Hell no! I'm not giving T17 my money and I think Steam sucks. If I had to, I'd just pirate it or find another game to play.
5 (5.5%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Author Topic: If WA Was Rereleased on Steam...  (Read 12644 times)

Offline darKz

Re: If WA Was Rereleased on Steam...
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2012, 11:18 AM »
Yeah, they'll have to get hired and paid first, then of course they could work full-time on our beloved game and in consequence speed up the pace. WA on Steam could lead to that, let's all cross our fingers.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline chakkman

« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2012, 11:47 AM »
Does this mean we will get an update to wa soon ?
I would guess that it is only a small fix to retain compatibility, because the W:A Steam version will differ slightly from the one you can buy in stores (i guess). Usually the folder structure is different and stuff, no cd check, and so on.

Offline Peja

« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2012, 11:47 AM »
Yeah, they'll have to get hired and paid first, then of course they could work full-time on our beloved game and in consequence speed up the pace. WA on Steam could lead to that, let's all cross our fingers.

and why should team17 hire 2 guys to work on an over 10 years old game? doesnt sound like a logical step for me.  i mean i cant see any gain for the company in this case.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2012, 11:52 AM »
fck gain and money

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2012, 05:33 PM »
Yeah, the small update is coming within few days. (confirmed on irc).
As much as I'd love to get my hands on 4.0 earlier, I don't think that porting wa to steam is going to change anything. And that's OKAY.

Also, don't buy a worms revolution pack, wait for the stand alone version to show more support for the game... I guess.

Offline darKz

« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2012, 06:33 PM »
Also, don't buy a worms revolution pack, wait for the stand alone version to show more support for the game... I guess.

Have they confirmed there will be a standalone version?
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline HHC

« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2012, 07:11 PM »
Nope. And don't think they will for now. Some people are even pre-ordering W:R just to get their hands on W:A. If they say it will be available seperately (for like 5$) after it will hurt their current sales.

I don't see why it wouldn't be though. They already got the game on steam, would be a waste if they were to remove it again in a month, right after W:R release.

Offline Joschi

« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2012, 08:25 PM »

Exactly!

Offline Tomtysti

« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2012, 10:44 AM »
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2934316

Quote from: BethanyTeam17
At this point, Worms Armageddon is currently only available when you pre-purchase Worms Revolution (it's just one part of the many pre-purchase exclusives and you'll get to play it straight away for anyone wondering). We've no plans to release it seperately this year.

I already bought the Revolution/WA pack when it became available, but >:(
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 10:49 AM by Tomtysti »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2012, 01:05 PM »
When you think Team17 can't fail more (making subpar Worms games imo) they even resist the chance to release the fan-favourite Worms game on the biggest digital distribution platform. Incredible.

Offline HHC

« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2012, 01:11 PM »
It says 'currently'. They want to milk the W:R cow first. Trust me, they will release it in the very first months of the next year.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2012, 02:26 PM »
If that's true what you say, then that doesn't speak for W:R as a game. If they fear W:A could take away profit from W:R. Not that it would surprise me though. :D

Offline chakkman

« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2012, 11:32 PM »
Trust me, they will release it in the very first months of the next year.

Yep, it would be kinda pointless to first modify the game to make it run on the Steam platform, and then take it off again. I'm pretty sure they will be selling it for like 5-10 € after the W:R sale period. I don't see that as fearing to take away profit from W:R either, obvious that they want to promote their new game rather than the old game. :)

Offline Joschi

« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2012, 05:12 PM »
http://stats.worms2d.info/uahistory.html

There you can see the new steam visitors (scroll down, bottom right; "Others" = Steam users). Nice to see, in %, how many visitors Steam brings us.

Offline Wojtes

• Poland Poland
  • Let's the go, little gays!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2012, 02:59 PM »
KILL the steam WA!! I'm sure it will cause enormus problems in the future (like now in Kurnik pl if u play makao with java with the person who plays on 'NO JAVA" beta...) grr
Wojt3s