Forums
May 17, 2024, 02:31 AM

Poll

If Worms Armageddon was made available for purchase on Steam, would you buy it?

Holy shit yeah! I've been waiting for something like this for ages and I'd buy a 4-pack for me and my friends immediately!
27 (29.7%)
Yes. The extra comfort (easy purchase, no CDs, automatic updates) and larger player base alone would make it worth it.
23 (25.3%)
Not sure. It would depend on the price, the features that would be added and a bunch of other things.
14 (15.4%)
No. The game is fine the way it is and there's no need for a rerelease. Please don't split the community.
22 (24.2%)
Hell no! I'm not giving T17 my money and I think Steam sucks. If I had to, I'd just pirate it or find another game to play.
5 (5.5%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Author Topic: If WA Was Rereleased on Steam...  (Read 12682 times)

Offline darKz

Re: If WA Was Rereleased on Steam...
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2012, 03:30 PM »
KILL the steam WA!! I'm sure it will cause enormus problems in the future (like now in Kurnik pl if u play makao with java with the person who plays on 'NO JAVA" beta...) grr

You sure you know what you're talking about..?
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline StepS

« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2012, 04:47 PM »
KILL the steam WA!! I'm sure it will cause enormus problems in the future (like now in Kurnik pl if u play makao with java with the person who plays on 'NO JAVA" beta...) grr
lol what you're saying is bull**** but to your happiness, WA on steam is expected to be timed out after worms revolution release and there are currently no plans to sell that separately
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline franz

« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2012, 09:28 PM »
lol what you're saying is bull**** but to your happiness, WA on steam is expected to be timed out after worms revolution release and there are currently no plans to sell that separately

hope not. we'll see.

I'll still buy it standalone if/when they do. I'm not pre-purchasing W:Rev unless I hear good things after release.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2012, 01:35 PM »

hope not. we'll see.

I'll still buy it standalone if/when they do. I'm not pre-purchasing W:Rev unless I hear good things after release.

hope's good flow but there's literally nothing for you in that worms game

trust me, or try for yourself and eventually agree with me :)

I don't know how many of you play Football (soccer) videogames, but the worms series would be like releasing PES13 and then, more than a decade later, release International Super Star Soccer for the Snes. I can't think of a better analogy. Football games have evolved in physics over the decade. Worm games have devolved, because Team17 just can't manage to do better.

Games like this new Worms games are being made in bulks now, in one or two men army efforts. Indiegames.com
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 01:39 PM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2012, 05:29 PM »
Wow.  International Super Star Soccer was an absolutely epic game.  It was totally cutting edge.  Back when I must have been no more than a 12 or 13 ;O

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2012, 06:43 PM »
Wow.  International Super Star Soccer was an absolutely epic game.  It was totally cutting edge.  Back when I must have been no more than a 12 or 13 ;O

Yeah, I guess Worms Revolutions would have been a great game back in the early 90s
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline HHC

« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2012, 08:25 PM »
I love the graphics in ISSS. With all the bugs taken out and a little more gameplay options it would be a kickass game, for me anyway  8)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2012, 08:27 AM »
I love the graphics in ISSS. With all the bugs taken out and a little more gameplay options it would be a kickass game, for me anyway  8)

You missed my point. I've played all Konami football games since the Snes and I've loved them all.

I'd probably play ISS now and enjoy it.

However, that doesn't excuse Team17 from making games backwards.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline HHC

« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2012, 08:36 AM »
Not really, they are turning classic, good 2d into crappy, buggy 3d. That's how it works for 90% of all good 2d games.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2012, 08:40 AM »
Not really, they are turning classic, good 2d into crappy, buggy 3d. That's how it works for 90% of all good 2d games.

Nice number out of a hat.

No seriously, I guess you're just clueless on the videogame scene aren't you?
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Breeze

« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2012, 11:59 AM »
I agree with Ropa.
Can't be bothered reading through this entire thread. 
Has someone pointed out they should COPY W:A roping mechanics too the new game, then you get old audience + new audience...maybe.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2012, 02:33 PM »
ALL game series had to do the transition to 3D at some point. Mario, Zelda, Sports etc. But T17 first messed the 3D transition up and later on when they realized that they can't make a good 3D Worms they even failed at understanding the core mechanics that made the original 2D Worms awesome. Mainly physics, game customization. It's actually a bit like Blizz North Team vs. Jay Wilson Team. Didn't a main designer/developer left T17 after WWP? Blizzard also didn't understand the core mechanics that made D2 awesome to the point that people still play it today, just like we play W:A. It's just on a much smaller magnitude in comparison, but essentially the same.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 02:39 PM by DeathInFire »

Offline HHC

« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2012, 03:30 PM »
Mario is back to 2D now. I hope to see other games returning to that idea as well (mainly strategy games like the Total War series and what not). Even sport games could be really nice in 2D, that's what i'm saying.

With all the cpu power not wasted on 'superfluous' eye-candy like super detailed 3D graphics they could put more effort in gameplay, customisation, online play and mod-ability. Things that are really valued by the players who actually play the game (rather than the noob reviewers who just go by looks).

To me, games do not need to be 100% copies of real life. You can use 'symbols' as well that represent real life 'ideas' and figures. You know, I don't need to have a figure with a head that looks exactly like Ronaldinho's face, a simple puppet with his name is even enough to get the idea.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 03:33 PM by HHC »

« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2012, 05:13 PM »
Mario is back to 2D now.
Sonic as well
Has someone pointed out they should COPY W:A roping mechanics too the new game, then you get old audience + new audience...maybe.
New audience is millions, old audience its our community with 200 ppl, what did you expect? xD
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 05:15 PM by Impossible »

Offline chakkman

« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2012, 05:51 PM »
New audience is millions
I doubt that. Team 17 would be doing full price titles if that was the case. :) Also, i've never seen more than 20 people online on Worms 3D or Worms 4 multiplayer, and those even were almost full price titles...