Forums
April 29, 2024, 12:31 PM

Poll

If Worms Armageddon was made available for purchase on Steam, would you buy it?

Holy shit yeah! I've been waiting for something like this for ages and I'd buy a 4-pack for me and my friends immediately!
27 (29.7%)
Yes. The extra comfort (easy purchase, no CDs, automatic updates) and larger player base alone would make it worth it.
23 (25.3%)
Not sure. It would depend on the price, the features that would be added and a bunch of other things.
14 (15.4%)
No. The game is fine the way it is and there's no need for a rerelease. Please don't split the community.
22 (24.2%)
Hell no! I'm not giving T17 my money and I think Steam sucks. If I had to, I'd just pirate it or find another game to play.
5 (5.5%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Author Topic: If WA Was Rereleased on Steam...  (Read 12538 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: If WA Was Rereleased on Steam...
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2011, 09:46 AM »
I see no point in having features in a website that you could have in the frontend of the game itself.

What would be useful is having it in both places, so you can check your ranks/standings from a mobile device/@work

While having in both would be a great idea. Having those features in the game itself won't be as flexible as running them in a website. Not to mention a website bring people/community together more.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2011, 10:56 AM »
I see no point in having features in a website that you could have in the frontend of the game itself.

What would be useful is having it in both places, so you can check your ranks/standings from a mobile device/@work

While having in both would be a great idea. Having those features in the game itself won't be as flexible as running them in a website. Not to mention a website bring people/community together more.

yeah I understand MI. But by having game features in third party you are losing potential usage. I don't think TUS will die, and if it does it won't be because of 4.0. or Steam. But do not worry. I mean, there's no reason why if per example 4.0 comes with a map database people could still use TUS because it has richer features and is updated more often, or who knows, TUS could be WA's map repository.

There's too many uncertainties at this point to know how 4.0 will affect TUS, but I'm certain of one thing. 4.0 will be an improvement for WA even if it hinders TUS current status.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 11:01 AM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2011, 11:39 AM »
But do not worry. I mean, there's no reason why if per example 4.0 comes with a map database people could still use TUS because it has richer features and is updated more often, or who knows, TUS could be WA's map repository.

I don't worry actually. I made TUS when there were many things threatening TUS activity. Not that now I'm cocky about this, but I know how to pull TUS together if things go wrong.

There's too many uncertainties at this point to know how 4.0 will affect TUS, but I'm certain of one thing. 4.0 will be an improvement for WA even if it hinders TUS current status.

Indeed 4.0 will be a nice improvement. I guess about TUS, I was kinda proposing a merge with WN. This month will be the 3rd time TUS is passing over a million visits. I'm sure both WN and TUS could benefit some kind of a merge, not to mention many "web" works will be on me, which will free up more time for game developers.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2011, 03:00 PM »
1 million hits a month, that's nice man, congrats :)

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2011, 03:23 PM »
What's WA 4.0? Some mystical thing that doesn't even exist. TUS is real and cool :P

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Masta

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2011, 04:05 PM »
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 06:24 PM by Masta »

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2011, 04:09 PM »
look at this man x)
http://worms2d.info/4
ty, but I see only question marks everywhere ;D

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline StepS

« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 06:21 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Ramone

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2011, 06:00 PM »
but I'm certain of one thing. 4.0 will be an improvement for WA even if it hinders TUS current status.

Quote from: http://worms2d.info/4.0_Facts
- It will...
- It will...
- It will...
- It will...
- It will...

Dunno if KRD wrote that text on worms2d.info or who did, but (as in ropa sentence too) correctly would be to change all that "will" into "would".
Or sorry if I don't know something that U might do, but are U are sure it will ever come out at all? If not, then definitely "would" is more appropriate..

http://wormsng.com/
Is this still accurate?

Btw, what happened to FoW idea? Failed?

Offline StepS

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2011, 06:18 PM »
Dunno if KRD wrote that text on worms2d.info or who did, but (as in ropa sentence too) correctly would be to change all that "will" into "would".
I stated the link because it describes facts. This means that these things are already decided regarding W:A 4.0, please read the beginning of that article. And yes, the 4.0 will come out for sure (as the article itself also states - It will be ready this decade).
And what do you mean regarding FoW? This is a PX CTF scheme.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 06:25 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline philie

« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2011, 06:37 PM »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2011, 07:14 PM »
The physic engine was mostly due to Andy Davison who doesn't work at Team17 since short before WA was relased AFAIK.

Team17 made WWP, following HHC's argumentation and it wasn't much of a success AFAIK.

What makes WA great it's its depth in its physics, it's what makes the learning curve so steep and what makes the game so complex with new schemes every year.
We, as hardcore wormers, understand this, but ultimately, the lack of such depth, ignored by most worm users, is not going to make the game sell more or less.
I didn't buy any worms game beyond WWP because I knew the physics wouldn't be complex enough to improve the WA experience, I'm sure many more people proceeded as I did, but for every one of us there's 10 more that will buy a new worm games to see sheeps explode.

So yeah, team17 won't make this like we would like unless they give DC and CS all the power or unless they start listening (albeit not to most of you lot)

Actually the reason I never bought a 3D Worms wasn't the depth, it was just that roping was so limited or undeveloped that it ruined 90% of the fun for me.
No "professional" roping, no Anubis. :D

Offline Ramone

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2011, 12:15 AM »
@StepS, I was not referring to U and this have nothing to do with U, so stfhhhu and go make some PX 5.x or something...
U're another story, diff subject.
;x

Offline philie

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2011, 12:18 AM »
whatever

Offline Rok

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2011, 11:25 AM »
And yes, the 4.0 will come out for sure (as the article itself also states - It will be ready this decade).

That's cool, do you happen to know if it'll be in 2012 or 2019?  ;D
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz