Forums
May 02, 2024, 07:20 PM

Author Topic: Team17 has announced Worms WMD  (Read 64331 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Team17 has announced Worms WMD
« Reply #570 on: June 30, 2016, 10:43 AM »
Release date yet?

Oh, Walrus, regarding intelligence:

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K.

Offline Jonno_Team17

« Reply #571 on: June 30, 2016, 12:35 PM »
Release date yet?

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K.

Coming soon...
Community Manager at Team17

Offline nino

« Reply #572 on: June 30, 2016, 12:44 PM »
Release date yet?

Coming soon...

Date...now!!! xD
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Jonno_Team17

« Reply #573 on: June 30, 2016, 01:08 PM »
Release date yet?

Coming soon...

Date...now!!! xD

At this time all I can say is we're getting close to announcing the reveal date. I know it's frustrating but soon you shall be sated.

Offline nino

« Reply #574 on: June 30, 2016, 01:16 PM »
Release date yet?

Coming soon...

Date...now!!! xD

At this time all I can say is we're getting close to announcing the reveal date. I know it's frustrating but soon you shall be sated.

Alright Jonnito Thanks ae!
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #575 on: June 30, 2016, 01:20 PM »
Release date yet?

Coming soon...

Date...now!!! xD

You are close to announce the date where you announce the release date? Or did I miss understood that?

Offline Kradie

« Reply #576 on: June 30, 2016, 01:31 PM »
I'm guessing that the release date will be revealed when the Steam Summer Sale is over. IGN probably have a review copy too. So It's only a matter of time.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #577 on: June 30, 2016, 11:18 PM »
Aside from the performance/inclusion of pro weaps/features such as the rope, bazooka, drill, map editor/importer, scheme settings, and game replay files, I only have two major concerns about the game.

One is the fonts/names. The fonts are thick and awkward looking, and tend to look like mush at small sizes. And the worm names need to contrast better against the backgrounds. Anything you can't read at a glance wastes turn time.

Another is the gravity. It seems that even massive explosions don't send worms flying a long distance. This is one of the most satisfying things in WA.

As far as almost everything else is looking, this is probably going to be the best Worms since WWP. Good weapon set (I love that huge laser ray), solid sliding/bouncing physics, great artwork.

Offline goom

« Reply #578 on: July 01, 2016, 02:59 PM »
i'm aware of the typical 'not everything shown will reflect how the final product will look' spiel, but with the release date creeping up, i'm going to assume the worst (things seem to be performing as intended) and point these issues out so they can be resolved.

Another is the gravity. It seems that even massive explosions don't send worms flying a long distance. This is one of the most satisfying things in WA.

in addition to the flimsy knockback (and no LG to fix it!), the explosion animation itself feels unsatisfying. upon viewing the video in slow motion, i found a major culprit why this is so.
see: explosion exhibits A. and B.

now compare those to this dynamite explosion from W:A

it's a real immersion killer when you're able to see damage done PRIOR to the explosion going off (yet the weapon itself has already disappeared). due to this, the explosion no longer feels to be the source of the hole in the terrain, but rather seems to be occurring on top of it unrelated. one may argue that the delay is for 'dynamic purposes' but truth be told, it doesn't look right.

the other aspect where W:A shines - you're able to clearly see the worms launched from the explosion without it obfuscating the launch view. in WMD, the worms are all but lost in the chaos; consider toning down the magnitude of the particle effects just a tad.

in addition to that, the dynamite seems to be (mis)-aligned with the corner of its fuse timer box, rather than them being centered (as everything else is in the game). going from just seeming a little odd as it's dropped from the rope to actually looking like it belongs to a different entity altogether (the worm)

bonus points: try changing the fuse color as it approaches zero. as seen in the picture, W:A fuse changes from solid white to red (no gradient) beginning at 3. i suppose a single color all the way 'works', but it could look a whole lot better for relatively little effort.

both issues unfortunately don't seem to be isolated to just the dynamite

on a side note, has it been confirmed yet if this game is going to run at a proper 60 FPS?

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #579 on: July 01, 2016, 08:28 PM »
^ Good analysis!

Offline StepS

« Reply #580 on: July 01, 2016, 08:38 PM »
on a side note, has it been confirmed yet if this game is going to run at a proper 60 FPS?
Check the youtube gameplay from IGN link.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Jonno_Team17

« Reply #581 on: July 04, 2016, 08:33 AM »
Worms W.M.D runs at 60fps :)

Offline Anubis

« Reply #582 on: July 04, 2016, 01:13 PM »
Capped at 60?

Offline Jonno_Team17

« Reply #583 on: July 04, 2016, 03:42 PM »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #584 on: July 05, 2016, 01:32 PM »
Capped at 60?

It is indeed.

Is there a technical reason for it to be capped? Is the game engine based around 60 fps and can't handle more or why did you go with a cap?