Forums
May 02, 2024, 11:38 PM

Poll

If Worms Armageddon was made available for purchase on Steam, would you buy it?

Holy shit yeah! I've been waiting for something like this for ages and I'd buy a 4-pack for me and my friends immediately!
27 (29.7%)
Yes. The extra comfort (easy purchase, no CDs, automatic updates) and larger player base alone would make it worth it.
23 (25.3%)
Not sure. It would depend on the price, the features that would be added and a bunch of other things.
14 (15.4%)
No. The game is fine the way it is and there's no need for a rerelease. Please don't split the community.
22 (24.2%)
Hell no! I'm not giving T17 my money and I think Steam sucks. If I had to, I'd just pirate it or find another game to play.
5 (5.5%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Author Topic: If WA Was Rereleased on Steam...  (Read 12614 times)

Re: If WA Was Rereleased on Steam...
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2011, 12:38 PM »
everyone should be voting for the top option btw, just incase Team17 check this thread at some stage

(no joke, please vote for the top option regardless)
worm and learn

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2011, 02:04 PM »
Ehehe, I doubt a hundred purchases up or down are going to sway the will of T17 either way; their other games sell in hundreds of thousands of copies. The poll was only really put there to hopefully point the discussion in a meaningful direction.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2011, 02:15 PM »
their other games sell in hundreds of thousands of copies.

No shit? I always thought they would not sell too well at all... at least their 3D titles weren't even nearly as crowded online as w:a or wwp at it's high time. Always like 11 players max in the lobby or something. :P But maybe those titles aren't really about online play, don't know...

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2011, 02:15 PM »
their other games sell in hundreds of thousands of copies.

No shit? I always thought they would not sell too well at all... at least their 3D titles weren't even nearly as crowded online as w:a or wwp at it's high time. Always like 11 players max in the lobby or something. :P But maybe those titles aren't really about online play, don't know...

I guess KRD is talking about the micro transaction games. W2:R, Worms Golf etc
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2011, 08:41 PM »
WA is a cult game (generally all 2D Worms series). Nowadays I can see that old and well known titles among gamers are being released to download for free - it's GTA series (I and II) or Empire Earth and it expands. I don't actually believe that, without advertising campaign and hiring a team to work (which obviously cost a lot), WA will experience another succes (and yet it's doubtful). It's not worth to put effort to bring Worms alive since it'd be a risky operation from Team17 stuff - I mean, the money invested in the revival could simply not reflect with a wide coverage.

Instead, with WA free to download, it makes new prospects for increasing the activity with much lower cost - advertising cost would limit, because the goal isn't anymore to gain profit from the game, you just give people an opportunity to download a cult game for free which isn't supported anymore by Team17 and doesn't make any profit anyway. Why not then? CS and DC are doing great work with WA, it's passion. I truly believe one day they get rewarded for the amazing job they constantly do, for free...

Releasing a non giving any profits title for free by such company as Team17 could unite quite an amount of new/old players you desperately look for. It doesn't mean to make profit from this, except CS and DC case, they obligatory should be lavishly paid.

Offline Tomtysti

« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2012, 11:42 PM »
Hi guys! Worms 2 was recently released as digital download in GOG.com.

Here's the link http://www.gog.com/en/news/release_worms_2 And someone in the comments wrote this this:

Looks like Steam will be getting Armageddon soon: http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/15922

:o Wow!

Offline franz

« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2012, 12:16 AM »
hope it's not fake :)

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2012, 12:26 AM »
Wouldn't we know something about it beforehand, tho?

Offline Anubis

« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2012, 05:03 PM »
Dunno, if that's true it says there is no pre-order so that could explain the silence.

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2012, 06:01 PM »
I think it would be a terrible idea...The wa servers are not free and can only allow for so many users...If we had an influx of noobs....

Nope i am happy with the game as it stands..I hope that legends like MrE/Zippo/f4st and that crazy author for that leauge were everyone was banned returned...Thoose are true ppl i would want back :D Just imagine the drama <3 Oh well...

Offline Anubis

« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2012, 08:56 PM »
I dunno, I used to like all that stuff but it's kind of boring after you had a long break from W:A community (not just the game). They have been gone for even longer now (I guess) and I would assume it's kind of the same. Didn't even Komo calm down for a bit after he had a longer break? I am sure it's the same for most.

« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2012, 09:24 PM »

Offline HHC

« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2012, 09:26 PM »
edit: n/m

When you pre-order Worms: Rev you get W:A for free.

I think the pre-order atm is still bugged (I get an error saying I already own one of the games when I do), but it will be fixed soon.

Anyway. This is awesome news for us. The next month we will be seeing new faces on the servers of people who want to play Worms: Rev but are 'stuck' with WA for the time being.

And yeah, I reckon that afterwards W:A will become available for everyone, for like 2 to 5 euro. Which is also nice if you broke the CD  ;)

edit: that is, if you can go online with this WA version  ::) We'll see about that..
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 09:44 PM by HHC »

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2012, 09:57 PM »
This is indeed very intriguing news. I wonder if they modified W:A in any way. (perhaps made it more steam-friendly or...? )
Hopefully people who bought it can go online with it, otherwise it ruins the whole point.

HHC, please notify us about any progress.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 10:11 PM by van »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2012, 10:39 PM »
Someone pre-order Worms Rev already and tell us if that version is connected to "our" servers, is offline only or have their own servers. :P
It has to be online too, btw. If you check digital offline only titles on Steam they don't require internet connection. It says in the minimum system speccs that you need internet connection. Question is, which patch version and/or different server.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 10:44 PM by DeathInFire »