Forums
April 28, 2024, 08:19 PM

Poll

Next scheme for TRL?

Team17 (Again!)
Intermediate
Shopper
Zar Roper

Author Topic: A next TRL season scheme suggestion?  (Read 6650 times)

Offline Lupastic

• Fantastic

• Hungary Hungary
    • View Profile
Re: A next TRL season scheme suggestion?
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2022, 10:17 PM »
Look at my attachment, FoxHound. Wouldn't such maps be a nice alternative for Intermediate? a bit of a fresh breeze at last?

actually, is there a scheme that uses lake cavern maps? :D (that misses the bottom) that's something I never saw or heard about.. or even cave tunnel maps (cave map that is missing the left and right sides, but has a ceiling and floor)

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2022, 12:52 AM »
Look at my attachment, FoxHound. Wouldn't such maps be a nice alternative for Intermediate? a bit of a fresh breeze at last?

actually, is there a scheme that uses lake cavern maps? :D (that misses the bottom) that's something I never saw or heard about.. or even cave tunnel maps (cave map that is missing the left and right sides, but has a ceiling and floor)

Yeah, actually that would be a pretty dope idea to place Intermediate in this setting. Worms in swinging around the ceiling in lake caverns would be also an Intermediate mixed with Shopper to some extend.

That would really be a fresh breeze put into the scheme

Offline Lupastic

• Fantastic

• Hungary Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2022, 01:09 AM »
Yeah, actually that would be a pretty dope idea to place Intermediate in this setting. Worms in swinging around the ceiling in lake caverns would be also an Intermediate mixed with Shopper to some extend.

That would really be a fresh breeze put into the scheme

well this is not what I had in mind, don't think there would be any intermediate players who would play inter on those maps xD I was just wondering if these map styles are actually used for any scheme at all?

complex cave style maps would be good for hardcore shopper maps though

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2022, 01:25 AM »
It would be better to change the gameplay of Intermediate a bit, but I don't think this would make a huge difference in the gameplay. I think this will make players spend more utilities and use more artillery, but also the start positions would be even more luck based factor and the game would be more ploppy. It might reduce the use of Shotgun, though.

As for the scheme for the TRL - I voiced my opinion a long time ago, when the experimental 80normal scheme was allowed in the TRL - it's a great practice to make leagues with new and experimental schemes that are undeservedly forgotten before they appear ...
Yes, perhaps putting experimental schemes in TRL will not achieve much activity than with old, popular schemes, but why not create a separate league for experimental schemes? This could give rise to many interesting schemes and perhaps some of them would become popular with the subsequent transition to the major leagues (Allround or Free).
I agree 100% with this. TRL for me doesn't make much sense if people will play the same schemes that are always receiving cups and proper leagues, such as CWT, ONL and all these Shopper cups, not to say the TUS Classic League. If you open to people vote, they will always vote on the schemes they are good or that they know. They will never vote on a scheme they never played before. So I agree that it would be nice to have a league dedicated to new schemes or at least experimental schemes, potencial competitive schemes.

(in the elite it is even indicated in the TUS rules)
I didn't know that, interesting. Another scheme example now.

I think I never seen any scheme requiring these maps, they are way too ploppy and easy to end the game. I remember playing with someone in AG that was constantly hosting an intrinsic scheme on "cave tunnel maps", but to be honest: I didn't enjoy much. I also remember using "lake cavern maps" to test Snooker, and they were very nice, but I decided that empty maps were better later, mainly due to the graves issue. Now with faster game engine, this graves issue is not so annoying. I might experiment new Snooker variants there. I have some test projects variants of the scheme already, but not ready for release.

It will be challenging to make funny schemes for these specific maps, because even schemes like Loser Shopper or Abnormal just don't feel good to be played there. Games end way too fast and not many skill involved on this, probably.

Edit: Maybe the only scheme that can use them well, being funny is 1rule, but the maps have border, so they are not ploppy at all.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 01:34 AM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Lupastic

• Fantastic

• Hungary Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2022, 01:52 AM »
because even schemes like Loser Shopper

I hope I'm not wrong in this - now that you mention - loser shopper (abnormal shopper) is also coming from me :-[ Do you know anyone or you have any replays/games before 2020? If not, then I was surely the first to host shoppers with abnormal rules, same as it was with Moon Shopper. But surely its possible that someone was already hosting this back in 2012. :D At one point in 2020 I hosted tonnes of Abnormal Shoppers and I have a good feeling thats the time it was born.

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2022, 01:59 AM »
I hope I'm not wrong in this - now that you mention - loser shopper (abnormal shopper) is also coming from me :-[ Do you know anyone or you have any replays/games before 2020? If not, then I was surely the first to host shoppers with abnormal rules, same as it was with Moon Shopper. But surely its possible that someone was already hosting this back in 2012. :D At one point in 2020 I hosted tonnes of Abnormal Shoppers and I have a good feeling thats the time it was born.

Bloopy added Loser Shopper to the Shopper page in 2007. The scheme is probably older than this date. It surely existed way before Abnormal.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 02:26 AM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2022, 07:02 AM »
Actually half of these schemes are top-class ideas, like Super Collect or Grid Wars. In Speed Mole Kradie did with Mole what Golf did with granades. Sadly, it will take a few years for the community to appreciate the great ideas here.

If Speed Mole doesn't end up being TRL, at least please replace Elemental with it in TFL = (
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 07:05 AM by GonZaLO »

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2022, 11:29 AM »
Host a cup with speed mole first maybe?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Lupastic

• Fantastic

• Hungary Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2022, 11:33 AM »
A scheme like teleport shopper, fly shopper, burning girders, or supersheeper should surely be among the TFL schemes instead of an Elemental or Supersheep Race.. never too late c:

Offline FoxHound

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2022, 02:37 PM »
Actually half of these schemes are top-class ideas, like Super Collect or Grid Wars.
Well, I have replays older than Kradie's collect schemes, older than Kangaroo's Crate Race (which is about collecting crates to win as well). Fighter and DumbBongChow were developing schemes that were very creative back in 2011-2012. Fighter created a scheme like "Collect Super Sheep Race", but he didn't publish it. He also created one that you had to collect crates using Sheep Launcher. DumbBongChow created a scheme that you had to collect crates, but using a Boom Race scheme on cave maps. So when I saw these schemes Kradie made they didn't catch my attention.

In Speed Mole Kradie did with Mole what Golf did with granades.
Have you ever seen D1's Mole Vaulting? For me this scheme is much more similar to Golf than Speed Mole. By The Way, I still think Plop Gum is way more funny than this Speed Mole scheme. Plop Gum at least you have a technique to master: the mole jumps.

Sadly, it will take a few years for the community to appreciate the great ideas here.
Yeah, I agree. People only play the same schemes for ever: Shopper, Shopper, Shopper, Shopper, Shopper and Shopper.

If Speed Mole doesn't end up being TRL...
I would prefer playing Speed Mole than Intermediate (again) and Shopper (again), for sure.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 02:44 PM by FoxHound »
'

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2022, 04:02 AM »
It seems that I know very little about all those experimental schemes that were invented in the last 15 years. Thank you for giving me this much insight, FoxHound. I tried out that Speed Mole and because it's based on placing mole in very precise spots for plop shots, it makes it feel like some sort of spiderweb that you send across the whole map. I would add LG there too for bigger mole acrobatics

Offline Kradie

« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2022, 07:14 PM »
Looks like it is gonna be Shopper.... Surprise surprise.

I would Instead have a new league called ''NSL'' New Scheme League, and it would work similar to TRL. TRL isn't exactly a good league to promote new scheme if they are going up against established schemes.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2022, 06:12 AM »
There are 2 votes for Intermediate from unknown members. Ignoring those will make the poll a tie between Shopper/Intermediate.  Judging by the activity of the members, people who voted for Intermediate are slightly more active than Shopper. So I'm going with Intermediate.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.